Ausdrill
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ausdrill Employee Reviews

Australia30 reviews
Good company to work for. A typical day at work would be doing prestart on equipment each morning/night, start up the rig and start drilling, constantly adding rods and pulling tubes throughout the day, keeping a tidy and clean work area and performing minor maintenance, its a fast paced environment to be in. All the employees and supervisors are good to work with
Worked closely with management operational plans, Oversaw the drilling and blasting activities and
ensured that it is completed on time, Develop ed an d coordinate d Blasting program mes for the

community and workforce, Attend ed Monthly Business Operations Committee meetings, examined

drilling sites to meet OHSAAS 18001 and ISO 14100 safety procedures, using available resources to

obtain good result for the mine. Oversaw drilling consumables and recommended good ones with less

price.
Worked here for 8.5 years and mostly an enjoyable experience. Convenient Canning Vale location. Some flexibility with office hours. Some fantastic people to work with.
The three months I spent with the company were productive, I learnt a range of different maintenance and sampling skills used in open pit mining operations.
Overall I was part of a small team, didn't feel involved in the greater business. Communication limited, good employees, competent management team and systems
Pros
mining industry opportunities
Cons
I loved this job, I will never forget it.
I learnt a lot of skills over there that I still use today. I don't think I would have ever learnt most of them had I not gone. ( like cooking LOL )
Pros
great job. great advancement. great salary
Cons
working away from home
Working with Ausdrill is rewarding. I have learned the basics of how to drill blast hole and the maintenance of the drill rigs. You work hard and are rewarded. I have met good people working with Ausdrill. You get to travel to different sites.
Pros
Good people, Good sites
working at Ausdrill in the corporate office was fun , challenging where I learnt a lot and the MD was an entrepreneur so there were always interesting assignments .
Accounting team were a pleasure to lead and certainly made my life easier .

The board including the chairman of the audit committee were supportive and had many useful insights.

the organisation culture as a whole was that of an extended family
Cons
The opportunity for advancement was supported.
Support for unsupervised workers.

Family friendly.

Support for decisions made by Supervision and workers.

Availability of Senior Management for help with difficult decisions.
Pros
Accomodation and meals paid for.
Cons
Never saw Upper Management much.
Generally good place to work but the last 5 years have been hard with no salary reviews done and redundancies made. Payroll Department generally ignored by rest of administration.
Pros
Flexible Work Hours
Cons
No Salary reviews for 5 years
psi

stemming shots

delineation

job allocation

vibration monitors
Pros
great pay
Cons
contract finished
It was a good company to work for, daily maintenance and breakdown repairs, start with shift hand-over and pre-shift meeting, had to fault find and do repairs in a timely manner, we had a good supervisor and management team that made sure we had the tools to complete tasks, it was a great work environment and team members, the hardest part of the job was parts and correct tools sometimes, I enjoyed my work with new challenges everyday and learning new ways of doing things better, faster and safely
Pros
Sport and after work activities, gym exc.
Cons
No cons
Manager don't compile to work ethics, shown favourism and racism.
Procurement system is poor due to poor management skill . jobs can be completed in quicker manner if system is review properly with right investment and organisation,
When i worked there I was able to learn lots of stuff and I would like to get back up there soon. There were lots of work and the money was very. It was FIFO work but the long hours and good money made it all good.
Pros
Good Money. Good Workmates and Good experances
Cons
Being away from home. Long hours
The staff and safety were amazing, I always enjoyed going to work and the job was always different from one day to the next.
I work a 12 hour rotating shift 2 weeks on 1 week off. Learn about machinery while on the job working along side with drill fitter and other drillers. Can work in some very intensive weather while getting the job done safe and productive.
Pros
flexible
Cons
12 hour rotating shifts days and night
Interesting work - learned a bit about drilling - visited and went underground at Cannington mine site. Hardest part determining the usage of drill rods for determining their value at end of year valuation.
Most enjoyable part listening to the drillers and their adventures.
A typical day at work will include off-siding such as setting up vehicles and equipments on drill pad, bagging samples, cleaning of drill rig and moving vehicles.
Maintenance, learning how to operate a rod handler and communicating efficiently with clients will be what I'v learnt during my time with Ausdrill.

Managements communication can be an issue most time which did have an impact on our job.

I enjoyed working in teams

The hardest part of our job will probably be the setting up and packing up. Driller's do not wait for anyone so it is your responsibility to quickly rush through. But in saying that getting to work with others with different background is always interesting.
I was able to learn a lot about the running cost of blast hole drill rigs and management of the personal.
It was hard managing the men but rewarding when I got it right.

Ausdrill, Newlands Mine and my work colleges was a big help in all of this.

I loved working for Ausdrill and was disappointed when they could not win a contract and then made me redundant.
Pros
week on week off was a great family life stile
Cons
Airports
Blast hole driller at Huntly to create haul roads in the cap rock.
Also at Boddington Gold drilling in the Buaxite and helping flush pre splits and with the little rigs and help with the collar piping on the pit floor. Good bunch of people to work for and to work with on both sites. really enjoyed it.
Pros
Got to be home every night with my family at huntly, and Boddington was really close to home.
12 hours of physical labouring,
learnt how to drill both RC and diamond drilling,

Great team environment.

Hardest part of the job was the heat during summer, staying hydrated.
Pros
Had rent allowance
Cons
Limited time with family