Austin Health
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Austin Health Employee Reviews

Australia22 reviews
Excellent
Good culture

Tower campus is better than repat

Enjoyed the job

Many facilities and campuses

Close to transport

Lots of staf

Big hospiral

Many resources
Pros
Many campus
Cons
Parking is hard
Busy days that required much flexibility. Some opportunities to enhance skills but bias was obvious. Change management wasn't handled well and led to a decline in work culture.
I wish I was back there if the salary has improved.i liked the people contact.if anyone can employ me again I will return Tomorrow . The working times were also good.early starts and finishes.
Many thing to learn and go forward in your ambition.
A lot of change in management over the years and knowing staff was a advantage.

You have to go forward every chance you can as the departments did not like change.
Favouritism and politics run rife ! I left very unhappy and counting down the days as did many others if you weren’t part of the ‘cliques ‘. Management is monstrous and I was warned of this prior to commencing my role. Not worth the bad pay, you may as well leave and have your sanity and happiness. Salary packaging the only factor that would make me consider staying and close to home .
Great pharmacist preceptor
Good learning library

learnt pharmacists role in a hospital setting such as medication reconciliation, medication history taking, counselling, ward specific medications and hospital systems.
A great place to work where the positive 'person centred care' culture emanates from the CEO throughout the organisation. An environment that supports continuous improvement and focuses on improving patient outcomes
Pros
Positive environment to work. Everyone can make a difference
Cons
Location. Public Health funding model
A typical day at work includes a lot of time at my desk writing up documents, attending meetings and assisting staff in achieving outcomes.
The most enjoyable part of the job is achieving goals and people seeing the value in what you do.
Pros
Salary Packaging, close to home
Cons
Lack of recognition or reward for hard work
Good work life balance, Employees and their direct family members can receive free professional, confidential counselling through the Austin Health Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Mindfulness meditation classes are available for employees at all three main hospital sites.
Pros
Away from the CBD, less traffic
Cons
Pay can be improved
Large hospital offering lots of opportunities to a new nurse. Worked over various departments in my time with this organisation gaining many beneficial life and work skills.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Often worked overtime, un-paid
So many people leave unhappy. Don't do it!

A big department, unstable funding, and lots more make it an unhappy place to work. It's so sad to see so many talented people have bad experiences in this department. It's disappointing that a major hospital allows its staff to be treated in the way that they do.
Pros
Well paid
Cons
Impacts on mental health
Brilliant teaching hospital, providing supportive teaching from medical and nursing staff. The education from a critical care perspective is well supported by exposure to high acuity patients of varied specialty areas including spinal, nuerosurgical, cardiac surgical and liver transplant units.
Pros
Education.
Cons
Staffing shortages and ability to prevent staff burn out.
I liked working on the wards here as everyone was extremely knowledgable about all aspects of healthcare and were very open with helping anyone in this profession, understand different health procedures and why they're done and how they're going to help the patient. Watching patients become well enough to return to their prior hospital stay was one of the best perks of the job.
Pros
fantastic learning experience
Cons
I have been employed at Austin Health for the past 16 years working within the Food Services Department.

Austin is a great place to work however, am looking for a change in industry and challenge.
Pros
Salary Packaging
Cons
I do work long hours
I was at Austin Hospital for quite a while Knew the job inside out plenty of chances to further my career but politics and favoritism played a large part in holding me back and eventually leaving and looking elsewhere
A large public hospital with many facets as to how it is run. I was appreciative of the opportunities to learn new skills.
extremely supportive graduate nurse program that would recommend to absolutely anyone.

Large hospital that has support, good staff and ongoing employment opportunities
Most day I get to work early and finish early . the priority of my work is to code more with accuracy .Time goes quick because its always busy environment specially at the end of the months need to meet deadlines. at the end of the week flies by in a flash because its really busy. your co workers are all nice my job is very interesting because you continue learning and keep learning new things the most enjoyable part of the job is when you having breaks time to mingle with everyone
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
end of the month very stress need to meet deadline but its ok work get done
Austin health is a great place to work and meet new people fully recommend Austin health for any one who want to work in the health care industry
My work involves seeing patients at the Specialist Epilepsy Outpatient clinic and bedside ward rounds besides reporting EEGs, Video EEGs and attending clinical seminars.
This is divided in various days of the week.
I would love to continue on working with Austin Hospital. Since they doing the new Employee Schedule and all the management changed.