Play YouTube video button

Australia Post Employee Reviews

Featured review
Australia Post selected this as a representative review
Postal Delivery Officer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD8 September 2018
Awesome place to work, everyone is nice. There are always opportunities to advance your career with post. Best job in the world, they focus on work life balance and can help with any problems you or your family is having. The posties are friendly and helpful and full of information. The equipment and uniforms are of exceptional quality.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Rain
best place work
Cleaner - Full time (Former Employee) –  Clyde NSW11 December 2018
australia post is best place to work. i worked there for more than 5 years and learn plenty of skills.Totaly all or nationalities working there and it is good to learn theirs culture.
A large corporation that is going to be around for a long time.
Reporting & Analysis Group Lead (Former Employee) –  Melbourne CBD11 December 2018
Plenty of opportunities for career minded people. Opportunities exist for employees to start in entry level jobs, then attend training that allows advancement to higher level jobs or transfers to alternative departments within the organisation.
Productive, supportive and fast paced work place.
postal officer (Former Employee) –  Kirrawee, AU30 November 2018
Working at Australia post was enjoyable, they are supportive and care about their team members, it is a fast paced environment, they train you to word interdependently but are always available if needed, the hardest part of the job was working in any weather condition, rain hail or shine the mail is delivered, but being outside and enjoying the exercise and fresh air is awesome.
Innovative and rewarding company
Postal Delivery Officer (Current Employee) –  Launceston Tasmania29 November 2018
Australia Post is a good company to work for and has the highest number of long term (15 plus years) employees that I have ever seen. The employees are happy and enjoy their work.
It is a place where a variety of skills and technical work can be learnt and applied
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Aberfoyle Park SA29 November 2018
A typical day at work in the Post office, is very busy, with customers who come in for different reasons, which may at times require a great deal of problem solving skills as well as good communication skills.
Postal Delivery Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC22 November 2018
I would recommend Australia post.
Learned to manage office
And sorting mail.
Also night shift care taker.
Parcel sorting customer complaints and occupation health and safety officer.
Pros
Break times
Cons
Extra work overtime and incentives
Easy going
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Campbelltown NSW18 November 2018
It’s easy to learn the basics once you’re committed. Really improves your customer service skills and you get to meet a lot of older generations who are always happy to speak to you and are more patient than younger generations. Great customer relationships and overall easy to get the hang of.
Good job, terrible management.
PO BOX SORTER (Current Employee) –  Bangor NSW18 November 2018
The job itself isn't bad. The work is easy and the times suit me. However, management has been difficult to work with, isn't flexible and doesn't listen to my needs.
Great environment and Friendly workers
Mail Contractor (Former Employee) –  Melton VIC18 November 2018
Early mornings 5 days a week wasn't to bad, Riding uncomfortable conditions and never know what the day will be like (busy or not).
I did enjoy my time and the people around me.
Pros
Start when you want and finish when you can
Cons
Sub contracted
Fun workplace
Assistant Postal Manager (Former Employee) –  Trinity Beach QLD15 November 2018
My day would start at 1pm, i would come in and count the tills and balance, also do the paper work (FAP), file all the paperwork and replenish stock. Then i would do normal retail duties, serving customers in a post office setting, till the end of the day then pack up the shop by 5pm and home again. Good work life balance, the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and having a laugh with regular customers. The hardest part was when customers would come in looking for there parcel and we havn't sorted the parcels yet because the scanner would text customers that the parcel is at the post office, i guess a time delay of half an hour on the scanner would help big time as we can have the parcels ready for collection.
Pros
Good Pay and easy hours
Cons
Lovely people to work with close to home
Mail Officer (Current Employee) –  Underwood QLD14 November 2018
The job is simple and easy good money close to home and lovely bunch of people to work with. I have learned a whole lot of all different areas in my workplace and have had all the training for everything in the building. Every time we go to work we swipe in to get into the car park then we clock in and sign in on a piece of paper as well and head to the brief room where we then go over any safety issues and do exercise before going on to the floor once on the floor we make sure we have the right ppe on put our gloves on and head to a chute and sort out parcels and where it needs to go when it is full we check the gates are locked properly and a not damaged label the uld and take it out on a pallet jack on to a belt that then takes it to the forklift drivers then to the trucks. The most enjoyable thing about work is seeing your mates, being active everyday, knowing that the more you work the money you will get, getting rotated around everyday so that everyday is different. The workplace culture has all different cultures , personality's just a really good place to work with a good lot of people
Pros
Everyday is different
Cons
Would not recommend to my worst enemy
Postal Delivery/Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Berwick VIC13 November 2018
I can't quite describe a place like Australia Post. You don't hate it, but you don't enjoy it enough that it slowly kills you from the inside out.

The workplace culture is horrific. Good coworkers are difficult to come by, often leaving the good few on their own. Management is a nightmare. In store, and in head office. I had one good manager but the others took no consideration for their employees. Had a very "I don't care as long as it doesn't affect me" attitude. Very dismissive, and often acted as if you were a nuisance. Didn't acknowledge a job well done

I worked as a Postal Services Officer and Postal Delivery Officer for 2 years at 4 different locations. Even though you're contracted to one post office, they'll send you off o another with very little notice if at all and you just have to go.

- Communication is a nightmare. There is none. No communication at all between management, head office, even between employees. No one has any idea who's done what or is going to do what or if that's already been done because everyone is so pessimistic and hateful.

- Culture: I haven't ever quite encountered such a negative, toxic workplace culture. In a nutshell, it seems to be: negative. That's it. That's the only criteria you need to meet to be employed there. Negative. All day long, everyone complains and complains and complains which seems exactly like what I'm doing now but if you hope you retain any glimpse of gratitude or positivity in your life don't work here. Everyone complains about everything, about everyone, backstabs everyone, and all in all just has a
  more... very, very negative and toxic outlook. They are problem-focused, not solution focused, and if a tiny, repairable problem arises, the world is going to end for them.

- Leave: haven't ever encountered such a bizarre system. Working in the retail sector (PDO or PSO), you are entitled to 4 weeks of annual leave. But here's the catch. You are only entitled to take them in 2 blocks of 2 weeks or 1 block of 4 weeks a year. And they have to be within certain dates dictated by someone in head office who gives zero care for your social life or for the fact that you're a person.
You are required to submit 3 preferences for your preferred holiday block for the following year in August. Your confirmation doesn't come out til about October NEXT YEAR, sometimes later. And your preferences aren't guaranteed. So it's part of the company's request that you don't book any holidays, any flights, nothing at all, until you receive your confirmed holidays, which could start as soon as one week after they are confirmed. Which means if you wanted to go overseas tickets would be through the roof in cost. You get GIVEN dates by the leave coordinator in head office. One of my coworkers didn't receive any of her 3 preferences for a getaway she had planned in November and instead got given dates in February where no one else in her life had holidays. That's their mentality, you get given dates due to "operational need" and you get to sit around at home for 4 weeks or so. There is no regard for personal life.
Oh, and you can't take a day off throughout the year outside of those 2 week or 4 week blocks. What a joke.

- Useless coworkers. In their attempt to embrace diversity, which I'm all for, they've pretty much made it impossible to get fired from AusPost even if all you did for 8 hours a day was sit in the lunch room eating a cheese sandwich. They hire and keep staff with ZERO work ethic, who leave all the work to be done by those who actually do it and take credit, and who talk. And then they promote these very people to full time positions and head office positions, people who talk a big game and have no teamwork value.

Could go on but I'm tired from being here all day. Work here if you want to be surrounded by constant negativity, discouragement, and dismissal for your personal needs. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Fixed hours
Cons
Everything else
Official response from Australia Post
2 December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are disappointed to hear that your experience with Australia Post Group is not reflective of what we believe our culture to be and how we engage our people. We note you are a current employee so we'd highly encourage you to speak to your manager or HR representative about your concerns. We aim to build a strong and vibrant culture in the business and will certainly take on board the comments you’ve provided.

New staff training was deplorable.
Postal Delivery Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC5 November 2018
HR department leave a lot to be desired. Learning and Development do a poor job, they skip over relevant information, new staff are trained by people who cannot train and that rarely ever do the jobs they are trying to teach, and complaints about management are dismissed without follow up.
Pros
Occasionally a free lunch, overtime if you want it, all the safety gear
Cons
Bullied to do overtime and or go faster.
great work environment
Postal Officer (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA5 November 2018
working at australia post is a blast the work is good as it is a fairly easy job but can be repetative. the pay is good for the amount of work involved. the amount of diversity in the workplace.
Pros
Equality
Cons
All Old People
Great people, very professional
Tableau Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 October 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my tenure at Australia Post. The people, culture and offices are all first rate. I was always encouraged and supported by my colleagues and there is an emphasis on work life balance.
productive and fun working
Mail/ Parcel Sorting & Delivery (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD28 October 2018
learn how to breakdown and sort mail and parcels, learn how to load motor bikes or vehicle for delivery depends on where the delivery is for which one you use
Job security
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 October 2018
Nice people and it can be a fun environment on occasions.

Courier services is a stressful environment to work in. Even when we've reached FULL capacity, management still expects us to take on work when clearly it can NOT be serviced. This causes a lot of calls from irate customers because there's either massive delays or the job does not get serviced at all!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Continuous delays! Irate customers.
the people there were very nice
PACKAGE HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 October 2018
The people working were nice and easy to work with. i enjoy my time there. i learn that you need to be more easy to work with. the hardest past of the job was waking up in the morning
great working experience
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 October 2018
Great working team, learned a lot of new things like using RF scanning, great team environment, Great supportive environment, safe working place, health and safety comes first
busy
Postal Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Northern Suburbs VIC10 October 2018
There are lots of employment opportunities, and lots of opportunity to progress in the company when people retire/leave.
The job itself has lots of different categories so it is never the same day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Australia Post. Our community is ready to answer.