Australia Post
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Australia Post Employee Reviews

Australia973 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Nice place to work

Featured review

Australia Post selected this as a representative review
High velocity distribution. Great working environment. Well maintained trucks. High quality trucks and forklifts. 8 hour working days. Experienced colleagues.

Productive, interesting and can be good working environment if you are in good office with great work mates.

I found when I started in 1981 it was a fun place to work, as I progressed up the ladder it became more intense and fulfilling.In the 33yrs I worked for AP I made good friendships and had great working relationships with customers, workmates, supervisors and managers.One thing about AP that worries me is as you get older in the company your experience and knowledge of the company goes out the window.

Very political work culture

The job was full on with cranky customers and I did meet a lot of lovely people there who I worked with. As far as culture goes in the workplace it was very political, especially among management.

No work/life balance

Australia Post tries to employ the minimum number of people necessary to get the mail out, which often leads to being expected to deliver up to a run and a half of mail on a daily basis. Work/life balance is dreadful as you'll be pulling ten hour days constantly, and by the time you're finished you'll be too tired to do anything at home. Speaking as a man, the work environment is very much a "man's world" where women will often have snide jokes made at their expense for being women and expected to "suck it up". You'll find the occasional nice co-worker, but generally everyone sees each other as out to get each other. Australia Post advertises internally as embracing and inclusive but it's not put into practice. Benefits are very good job security and overtime opportunities are plenty.

Fast paced

Work is fast paced, physical and repetitive. You are split into teams and there is a rotation system. Hardest part about the job is feeling under appreciated by management which most people would. Most enjoyable part of the job is the people I worked with. They made my days at Auspost a little better.

Fun place, great place to work with friends

great place to work, easy going being a casual is alright but shifts aren't constant, they vary if the post is busy. sometime getting 3 - 5 shifts a week and weekends as well or sometimes no work for weeks.

Fantastic workplace experience

I have worked with Australia Post for 6 years and have absolutely loved every minute. My manager and colleagues are always so supportive and keen to see you grow in your career. I always had the opportunity grow an learn new skills, in such a fast paced but important role in the community I also established a great relationship with my customers. I would highly recommend this job and workplace.

Fun products

Love it awsome staff and people i really appreciate the service and the great work they have a lot of time to make a great day with the kids in your backyard

Productive and collaborative workplace

Good culture in team I worked in. Enjoyed learning from the more experienced employees and felt my skills suited the role. I would recommended working here if you get the opportunity.

Terrible culture

Ridiculous stand over mentality with zero encouragement for Work Life Balance it should be called Work Work Work. Management continually lie to workers and push team leaders for results Unfortunately most managers have not been delivering officers and will never understand the idiosyncrasies involved.

Pros

Zero

Cons

Not appreciated

Under staffed over worked under paid

When i started in 2017 it was a very busy team orientated work, helping eachother wefe was needed.2018 it started to decline rapidly into more work, delivery no matter what the cost.Through the bushfires with the worst air quality in the world no masks were given to employees.Covid 19 ripped through the work parcel delivery exploded and we were expected to deliver 2 or 3 peoples jobs worth of mail/ parcels in the same 1 day we have always had with no help or benefits.They only care about covering their own tails and will throw anyone in a lower position under the bus to shift the blame off themselves even though thats why they are in a senior position with a higher pay because of the responsibilities they have.

Pros

Cons

Your on your own, underpaid and your own fault.

Good company values

Good company values. Lots of abusive customers who don't understand the volume of parcels that go through Aus Post. Company very supportive of all cultures and good EAP services.

Good easy job if you don’t like to work hard

The job is enjoyable and is good for people who like to work unsupervised, very secure job and pay is good if you do overtime. management can be bad at times, but the post union is strong and can stand up with you.

Pros

Easy job with good pay

Cons

Working in all weather conditions

Pretty good

I really enjoyed my time working as a Christmas Casual but unfortunately it didn’t lead to a permanent position. It was a real eye opener how the mail process actually works. Well worth the application process.

Pros

Great job

Cons

Understanding pay process

Holiday seasonal work

I was referred by family for seasonal work. The work of night sorting at the mail centre was physical with some heavy lifting and it was quite hot with limited cooling at The north Brisbane sorting centre. Hours were ordinarily reasonable however on one occasion I was rostered on as casual and was told I was not required after forty minutes so sent home - it took me longer to drive to work. A manager was always present and breaks mandated accordingly. It is recommended that you wear shorts below the knee also. Sorting gloves provided. WH&s training thorough.

Pros

Mandated breaks and training

Cons

Heavy lifting, be prepared to be sent home within the hour, hot environment to work during summer

Heavy employee monitoring. Can feel like big brother.

Need to have your lunch and smoko within the first 2hrs of the shift, before you go out on your run.Blind eyes are turned to PDOs going very fast/breaking rules if they have no overtime. Questions are asked if you're sticking to the rules (10km/ph on footpaths), going slow and safe but have overtime. Fast paced.The team leaders/facility manager will either make it a great work environment or not. Some like to micro manage and are very heavy on unnecessary criticism. Cameras on the EDVs and motorbikes. On the EDV it's looking over your shoulder.

Great people working there, fun job.

After 9 and a bit years,I finally made a bit of a better wage,it was dire at first, but if you're starting out of school, it would be a perfect opportunity for you. Plenty of chances to upskill with Post,and they are always there if you want to talk about something,they are excellent in that way. Constant training offered. It was the people that made it special during my time there,lifelong friends.

Good opportunity for career growth

Great working environment. Great opportunities for career growth. Didn’t take long for me to move up in the company. Would recommend if looking for a new career

Great company to work for.

I applied and got through to the interview then drug screening and alcohol. Then training and started job . I worked at australia post for 1 year it was great. Fast paced environment.

Under paid and under appreciated

The run I was on wasn't to bad when I started but grew very rapidly during covid times.. for the amount of work I was doing the pay rate was way to low . I had about 750 drop points at the start I had on average 100 to 150 parcels a day towards the end the average daily parcel count was upwards of 300.. my boss was not interested in helping me or getting someone else in to take some load off. Instead he just kept asking if I could do double runs.

Overworked and underpaid

Work so hard for such a low paying job. Work overtime to survive. Post makes so much money but only executives reap the rewards of hard working Posties. No chance of advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Australia Post. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Australia Post