Play YouTube video button

Australia Post Employee Reviews

Featured review
Australia Post selected this as a representative review
Fantastic workplace
Customer Service Consultant (CSC, Inbound NCCC) (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD24 March 2018
Australia Post was an amazing place to work. The days were typical office hours, 8 hours in the morning, afternoon, or evening, with lots of flexibility, and the work culture was brilliant. There was lots of support for an issues you might have, lots of team-building events, and, from the ground up, all the managers and support staff knew the roles they were supporting/managing, so there was very little disconnect. With everyone on the same page the entire office ran quite smoothly.

The hardest part of the job were the escalation (angry/upset/annoyed customers), but the training and support provided were excellent, and within a few months they become significantly easier to manage.

All in all, working as a Customer Service Consultant for Australia Post is a spectacular career choice!
Pros
Cons
Occasionally difficult to advance/change roles without senority
Worst place to work
Mail Officer, retail customer service officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW15 June 2019
I worked as mail officer and retail customer service role.They have their own favorites. Managers and supervisors are very rude and harsh. No proper training
Pros
Worst management
In a Short Period of time working on Post
Postal Delivery Officer/ Machines Operator (Former Employee) –  Dandenong VIC12 June 2019
In a short period of time , I did enjoy the job but due to skill development and more experiences I decided work at the Crown Casino where I attended trainings about Customer Service , Health and Safety and learned how to deal with disputes to customers.
Pros
nothing much
Cons
Repetitive action
Australia Post
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC 300011 June 2019
Was a long time ago and im sure things have changed but I found the job and work to be a lot and the pay to be sub par. Managers were seldom available and when they were they weren't much help or quite harsh and abrasive.
Pros
incentives for performance
Cons
long hours, location, pay etc
Its a fun work place.
Australia Post (Former Employee) –  Mount Isa QLD26 May 2019
Work with Australia Post is always fun and I get to learn new things day by day. The workplace Manager is always there for everyone and always helpful and kind. Workplace culture is always balance which I love the most. There is no hard part of the job because the teaching from the Manager is always clear.

The most enjoyable part of the job is we get to have morning Tea every Friday.
Pros
Staff Discount
30 May 2019

Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed working here in Australia Post and wish you all the best.

amazing work enviroment
Student Trainee (Former Employee) –  Findon SA13 May 2019
this job is on your feet and fast pace with always something to do. the harder part in this job is the busy time when people are getting jittery because you arent as fast as they want.
Pros
friendly co-workers, freebies
Cons
angry customers, relying on other people.
My reveiw summary
PDO (Former Employee) –  Kingsgrove NSW8 May 2019
I have worked for australia post before and found them to be an awesome organization to work for.

My ideal roll would be to work where there are challenges .
An opportunity also to work toward more challenging and rewarding rolls within the company.
My perception of a typical day at work is to be prompt, respectful to your working peers, and to do my job at hand to the best of my ability.
Fun team enviroment
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 May 2019
Had good time working for this company. I worked for aust post for 20 years. Very professional bunch of staff and management. Training is provided to new staff. Oh&s policy is the best I have seen. Work life balance is amazing.
High level of job security
Postal Delivery Officer (Current Employee) –  Strathfield NSW30 April 2019
I have been working at Australia Post for almost 15 years. From the beginning until now, there are so many changes in working condition and staff's duties. The only one thing I like it best is about job security.
An unsustainable business
Manager - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD29 April 2019
Good place to work, mostly good people. Letters decline is very rapid with substantial fixed costs not be able to be covered by parcel growth. It is an uncertain future for the business
Pros
Good super
Cons
Bureaucracy
30 May 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and sharing your concerns with us.
In current changing market conditions, it's important for our business to keep innovating and transforming to stay in line with customer expectations. Our goal is to continue being Australia's preferred delivery provider and one of the most trusted brands. We believe that investing in change will contribute to vibrant and connected communities and we will continue unlocking opportunities for everyone.

Inclusive organisation
Parcel Handler (Former Employee) –  Heathwood QLD22 April 2019
Good place to work. Management are awesome and understanding. Very busy on Mondays but it fun. An inclusive and diverse organisation, Management takes discrimination complains seriou and everyone is given a fair go.
Pros
snacks
Cons
late starting
A good company to work for.
Facility Manager & Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 April 2019
Review and respond to emails.
Manage an operation.
Loved working with the people.
Best part of my job is helping others to strive for excellence.
The changing culture at Australia Post is always a challenge which is what I thrive on.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
nil
Good job while fit and healthy
Postal Delivery Officer (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA9 April 2019
Get in and get mail delivered and you were done if you wanted. Overtime and meal allowances usually available too. Winter weather and junk mail only downside.
Pros
Good pay and hours usually between 6 and 2.30 M to F
Cons
Wet weather
Australia Post
Compliance/Administrator & Retail Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC9 April 2019
I gained a lot of experience and knowledge over my 22 years at Australia Post. I was fortunate enough to work in a variety of different business areas from business operations to working in HQ’s. I worked with a lot of great people and made some great friends. I would recommend Australia Post as a great company to work for..
Pros
Building skills and experience
Cons
Some long days
Good
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Western Suburbs VIC8 April 2019
It's a good company to.work..
But the higher management puts pressure on drivers which is not good..
Apart from that it's good
Good pay and over time tea money allowances .
Good
Cons
Na
Teamwork to move forward
Depot Manager (Former Employee) –  Villawood NSW25 March 2019
Managing a group of staff on a very high level. Chain of command followed and 2IC staff mostly managed day to day task while I did the managent role responding to external and internal customers.
Pros
Cons
As long as work is up date
Good place to work.
Parcel Sorter (Former Employee) –  Perth Airport WA21 March 2019
Repetitive work but it was made easy with the job culture; working in a team with like minded people. I got very good hours and benefits and the company very efficient with communication.
Pros
The friends I made
Cons
Repetitive work
Disgusted
Driver (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA15 March 2019
Management lie continuously, no job security, terrible hours, abuse from some office jockeys, pays routinely stuffed up, no employee confidentiality as nothing is kept private, managers follow you around taking photos, not beneficial to families if you have kids.
After 23 years I say run away from this company as fast as you can.
Pros
Cons
As listed above
20 May 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are disappointed to hear that your experience with Australia Post Group is not reflective of what we believe our culture to be and how we engage our people.

We aim to build a strong and inclusive culture where everyone provided with tools and training to do their job in a safe manner as well as respected and treated fairly by their colleagues and managers. Noting you are a current employee, we would strongly encourage you to contact your HR advisor on the matters you raised.

Crooked Management otherwise good
PDO (Current Employee) –  Perth Metro North, WA8 March 2019
Management have favourites who they will bend the rules for and on the other hand, make life difficult for posties they don't like. Most posties start out loving Australia Post but sadly, bad managers spoil Aus Post's reputation and spark resentment. Hopefully my experience with management does not reflect Aus Post as a company.

There are so many contradictions within the job that make it difficult to know exactly what procedure is sometimes. The main contradiction; speed vs safety. If you concentrate on safety and actually follow every procedure, management will pressure you to go faster. The irony is that safety is completely out the window when you're riding around stressed from all the pressure.
Your back and joints start to ache after bending over all the time, but you don't have time to get off and stretch. You can only go so fast on footpaths yet they somehow want you to zip through the run. The really cruel irony is that they'll punish you either way; for either being unsafe or for being too slow. You really can't win unless you're one of their favourites.

It's going to be interesting how things go when they convert to the push bikes and expect posties to deliver the same volume in the same amount of time.

Other than management, Australia Post is awesome. The people you work with are good folk, and being outdoors is unreal. You get to know the customers as well and everybody seems to be nice to the local postie. It's a shame that the iconic image of the friendly Australian postie is changing to the "no-time-to-say-hello" postie.
Pros
Outdoors. Friendly coworkers and customers. Ideal if you like motorbikes.
Cons
Management. Management. Management.
Be incompetent at your job and you might end up a mangaer
Owner Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Driver7 March 2019
Nothing is more important to Australia Post than safety, unless of course its not cost effective....

Hang on I'll try that again

The only thing that matters to this company is Profit
Unhappy unrewarding
POSTAL OFFICER (Former Employee) –  sydney27 February 2019
Management terrible. Workers treated like idiots. Different rules for workers and management. No team building culture at all. Employess provide their own fun

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Australia Post. Our community is ready to answer.