Australia Post Employee Reviews

Box Sorter
Casual Relief Box Sorter (Current Employee) –  Victoria Park WA15 July 2018
Waking up in the early hours of the morning and going to work was tiring. especially in winter because the sun wasnt up yet but you had to focus and get all the mail out before 8am.
Mail Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD14 July 2018
Varied roles within the company and the ability to transfer or study to further your career with Australia Post. All nationalities and abilities are able to work there.
Fun and enjoyable
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Dandenong VIC4 July 2018
I would be welcomed into a team work environment every shift, I learnt how to work within a time zone and how to communicate with a team properly and we were always organised.
Long hours of work and less earning
SubContractor (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA2 July 2018
I have been working in Australia post as a sub contractor from five and half years but work conditions have been gone from worse to worst. There was paid waiting time for express if it’s late but now they expand the time from 7am to 8.30am even some times says strait no to pay for the waiting time regardless of time. Not a single cent paid for sorting parcels, arranging them and loading them in van which takes at least 4 hours in the morning. Poor behaviour of staff make it worse.There is no increase in pay when they add capturing photos of all the safe drop parcels and cards left for customers to collect parcels but takes more hours of subcontractors . As a result poor service of delivery and in affective communication with customer is increasing day by day.

NEED To THINK NOW !
Salary is great.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 June 2018
I've worked at this industry for 17 years and it is a great place to work. The management looks after their employees and the workplace culture benefits the staff. We get recognised for the hard work we distribute and i was glad to share that. I've gained, how to manage staff and my time management.
Pros
Lots of entitlements.
Cons
No more morning tea biscuits.
Work with minimum supervision
Parcel Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW14 June 2018
Start work early in the morning and finished at late afternoon. Frequently to carry load up to 20Kg (sometimes even more) manually. This some times cause fatigue and tiredness.
Pros
Minimum supervision
Cons
Too early start
Very good employer and good opportunity for advancement
Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA13 June 2018
Lots of correspondence from bidders to go through. Prepare tenders for public advertisement. Conduct interviews. Make recommendation and present to Manager for approval. Finalise contracts for approval and signature. Conduct field visits to perform reviews of the mail/parcel delivery run.

Learned a lot about SAP and contract development.

Management team is fair and consistent

Very diverse work culture and very good working environment

The hardest part of the job is away from family during whilst travelling for work

The most enjoyable part of the job is you meet new people and you see lots of new places
Pros
Free travel and car
Cons
Away from family during travelling periods
Enjoyed job
Postal Truck Officer (PTO) (Former Employee) –  Chullora NSW11 June 2018
I enjoyed my employment with Auspost, whilst at Chullora, if not for fami;y reasons I di believe I would still be working there. Good people to work with, found all shift supervisors approachable.
Pros
Good money, employment security.
Cons
I don't think there was any down side to working there
Easy to learn, friendly staff, good environment, decent pay
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Underwood QLD5 June 2018
Australia Post is easy to learn, for the most part staff are extremely friendly and welcoming. Willing to lend a hand when needed as well. The pay is pretty decent. Around $23-35/h depending on what shift you're on. Overall, great place to work. Loved it
Pros
Friendly staff, good pay
Cons
Fortnightly pay
Amazing place.
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD4 June 2018
ONE OF THE best places to work at in Australia hands down.
Everyone was so supportive, felt like I had my own family at work.

Fantastic salary + benefits + free stuff!!
Pros
Every shift is 7hrs 21 mins
Cons
Nothing.
great opportunity if you are in the right team
Category and Product Development Manager (2yrs) (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 June 2018
A company is only as good at the manager or leader you work fo.
In the Case of Australia post its a great company if you are fortunate to have a progressive leader and not a micro manager.
nice and safe work place with very good management .
SELF-EMPLOYED CONTRACTOR (Current Employee) –  brisbane capalaba2 June 2018
An interesting experience with customers and colleagues , feeling useful to the community , productive in safe and very friendly environmental place .
It’s was okay
Part time (Former Employee) –  Underwood QLD25 May 2018
If you’re looking for work that can be balanced out with life. It’s a good job, other than that it’s just the people and supervisors that drag my ratings down :)
Pros
Special Lunches, Friendly people, workable hours
Cons
Supervisors, early starts lol, parking, labour
parcel delivery and set up
australia post parcel contractor (Current Employee) –  Tweed Heads NSW21 May 2018
I sort and allocate parcels for my drivers , scan in the parcels and then deliver the parcels . Experienced at sorting of parcels , scanning in and i know the region extremely well . I have also had clearance contracts in the past . Over 20 years experience within Australia post , with no sick time ever taken . Extremely reliable
Pros
Secure employment
Cons
No holiday time
limited tenure as a contractor
Junior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC16 May 2018
Life span for a contractor is 2 years in Post. transition to staff is not easy so you need to mindful of what is important to you in career objective before joining
Pros
good work home balance
Cons
siloed
difficult transition from contract to staff
Chief Customer Office (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC16 May 2018
Had worked at Post for sometime as a contractor with the aim of becoming staff. They take forever with their processes and in the end it did not ever land. Disappointing investment of time but learned enough
Pros
good balance of work and personal life
Cons
too bureaucratic
Great place. Good pay for christmas seasons. Has a recreational area to relax.
Christmas Casual - Mail Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 May 2018
Great pay, worked overnight and allot of shifts and overtimes. 1.5k fortnightly is great for being 18. Great staff and a recreational area for breaks.
Pros
Overtime, lots of shifts during Christmas periods, Good training, Good management, Recreational area
Cons
Repetitive work, overnight shifts, sometimes you have to pay for parking
Fun work place
Mail Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 May 2018
Good work place with fun people from different background. We learn something new averyday. Management is a little bit slow but still in the level of helpful.
Pros
mix cultures
Cons
communication is less intense
Good place for a steady job with many benifits
Area Co-coordinator/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Dandenong VIC2 May 2018
Overseeing production
Looking after receipts and dispatch for night shift
Staffing allocation
rosters
reports
making sure all staff are following safe OH&S habits(manual handling, forklift drivers)
lots to learn
Mail Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD30 April 2018
Very busy fast paced environment but loved it and a great bunch of staff to work with. Lucky I was just down the road close handy for me.
would like to work there again.
Pros
shiftwork
Cons
good money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Australia Post. Our community is ready to answer.