Play YouTube video button
Australia Post
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Australia Post Employee Reviews

Australia693 reviews
Featured review
Australia Post selected this as a representative review
Had good time working for this company. I worked for aust post for 20 years. Very professional bunch of staff and management. Training is provided to new staff. Oh&s policy is the best I have seen. Work life balance is amazing.
High velocity distribution. Great working environment. Well maintained trucks. High quality trucks and forklifts. 8 hour working days. Experienced colleagues.
Worked on contract enjoyed my time there. Very friendly, professional atmosphere with good work environment and health and safety excellent. Video coding was fast paced at times with very strict times. Regular breaks under health and safety rules were excellent and never missed. Made me feel very welcome and we all worked together as a team and family.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Good Portable Machines for Food & Drinks
Cons
Outdated equipment in computer rooms, old desks and chairs needs upgrading
I work for a licencee post office and have such a great time. My bosses are amazing and the job is busy but I love my community. The job is fast paced but so rewarding
sorted mail, took off vans and unpacked, and stacked on big truck and in ulds. I learned how to sort mail and stack mail on a truck. It was very hot exhausting work for me and repetitive. I found it hard as I was put down by one of the employees and had some rude stupid comments said to me by one of them. The hardest thing was putting up with this and stacking the truck which was very hot and I did this for an hour at a time sometimes.
I didn't enjoy any part of it.
Pros
free iceblocks had 3 times I remember and finish early sometimes. Kind, lovely co-ordinater. good pay
Cons
hot and exhausting
Great experience
Work life balance

It got me through university

I was able to move around to different post office within the state without having to reapply
Good company
Relaxed

Fair

Open

Early start

Walking hours

Fast pace

Weather

Sunny rain cold,lots of parcels,lots of mail,friendly

Winter
Employed as a contractor - virtually impossible to get in from the outside as a permanent due to union over-governance. Hot desking is the norm. If there are no desks available you need to turn around and go home to work.
Good for job security, nothing else is applicable for Aupost. Union us great there. The culture is alright, the people are ok to work with and they provide good training.
Working as a casual relief Postal Services Officer for Australia Post was a great position in the national postal service. The company is an essential service Australia wide and I was proud to be part of the family. Corporate procedures and training are of the highest standard. The most attractive aspects of this position for me was the variety within the workplace, the customer facing role and working as a member of a fantastic, enthusiastic team. In my casual on-call position I worked and moved around to Post Shops throughout the South Metro area of Brisbane as relief staff. The days work would be full of variety and challenges and the many Post Shops where I worked allowed me to build relationships with staff in many different locations. Some of the more challenging times were days when we had a high number of customers when the need to be alert and be capable of resolving customer issues were the highest priority. I appreciated my work relationship with postal managers and particularly my network manager. Despite the casual nature of the job, due to my willingness and reliability to work at anytime at short notice, I was given regular hours.
Early starts & late finishes with the work day busy from start to end.
Plenty of pressure to get the work completed on time and on budget.

Some great mid level managers but a lack of support & focus from some senior managers.

Good change management focus and a large variety of job tasks.
I wish I could go back, this is an amazing company to work for. I believe the managers they're do an amazing job to make everybody feel included and special. The benefits such as dinner's Christmas parties birthday cake every month in the kitchen fruit every week coffee machines kitchen and outdoor garden sitting area massages every two weeks at your desk.
While working with Australia Post, I enjoyed learning all aspects of my job as a delivery postie on a motorbike. Working with a great team that was engaging and supportive. As I was interested to further my career I had the opportunity to Lead and mentor a team and provide the same encouraging workplace that I was introduced to. Overall a very satisfying job.
It good to work there as a contractor, you can face to face with the customer everyday, it's challenging. The other thing is a hard word starting early in the morning and finish late.
The company is in significant upheaval and is a challenging place to work right now. Its a great brand with so much potential for genuine impact in Australian society and beyond.
Loved the job, untill 10 hr days was a regular occurrence, just way to many hrs, mentally emotionally i couldn't handle the pressure. One thing you cannot knock back overtime otherwise your fellow workers will resent you because your share of overtime goes to others.
They dont look after staff after 13 years of service they just dump u any excuse will.do very disappointed the way they treated me hopefully they have changed
I really enjoy sorting mail and parcels within the mail room. Within this role I have learnt the importance of time management and precison with my work.
I worked at the Brunswick Australia post then we moved to Preston I was a night sorter everyone there were all willing to help each other and they were all very friendly
Management dont listen, dont give a stuff about staff health well being. Human resources division are as useless as . The people upstairs dont listen to staff concerns safety isn't a priority bullying the works. Health well being for employees are at risk .
Great culture, supportive team, early starts which aren't a problem, really enjoyed my time although cut short due to covid-19 definitely recommend being a postal worker. I'd suggest getting feedback on progress rather then waiting until the middle of training jusr so you know where you stand. I'm a slow learner so it took me abit longer to learn slotting.
I'd definitely reapply.