Play YouTube video button

Australia Post Employee Reviews

Featured review
Australia Post selected this as a representative review
Fantastic workplace
Customer Service Consultant (CSC, Inbound NCCC) (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD24 March 2018
Australia Post was an amazing place to work. The days were typical office hours, 8 hours in the morning, afternoon, or evening, with lots of flexibility, and the work culture was brilliant. There was lots of support for an issues you might have, lots of team-building events, and, from the ground up, all the managers and support staff knew the roles they were supporting/managing, so there was very little disconnect. With everyone on the same page the entire office ran quite smoothly.

The hardest part of the job were the escalation (angry/upset/annoyed customers), but the training and support provided were excellent, and within a few months they become significantly easier to manage.

All in all, working as a Customer Service Consultant for Australia Post is a spectacular career choice!
Pros
Cons
Occasionally difficult to advance/change roles without senority
Good job while fit and healthy
Postal Delivery Officer (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA9 April 2019
Get in and get mail delivered and you were done if you wanted. Overtime and meal allowances usually available too. Winter weather and junk mail only downside.
Pros
Good pay and hours usually between 6 and 2.30 M to F
Cons
Wet weather
Australia Post
Compliance/Administrator & Retail Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC9 April 2019
I gained a lot of experience and knowledge over my 22 years at Australia Post. I was fortunate enough to work in a variety of different business areas from business operations to working in HQ’s. I worked with a lot of great people and made some great friends. I would recommend Australia Post as a great company to work for..
Pros
Building skills and experience
Cons
Some long days
Good
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Western Suburbs VIC8 April 2019
It's a good company to.work..
But the higher management puts pressure on drivers which is not good..
Apart from that it's good
Good pay and over time tea money allowances .
Good
Cons
Na
Teamwork to move forward
Depot Manager (Former Employee) –  Villawood NSW25 March 2019
Managing a group of staff on a very high level. Chain of command followed and 2IC staff mostly managed day to day task while I did the managent role responding to external and internal customers.
Pros
Cons
As long as work is up date
Good place to work.
Parcel Sorter (Former Employee) –  Perth Airport WA21 March 2019
Repetitive work but it was made easy with the job culture; working in a team with like minded people. I got very good hours and benefits and the company very efficient with communication.
Pros
The friends I made
Cons
Repetitive work
Disgusted
Driver (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA15 March 2019
Management lie continuously, no job security, terrible hours, abuse from some office jockeys, pays routinely stuffed up, no employee confidentiality as nothing is kept private, managers follow you around taking photos, not beneficial to families if you have kids.
After 23 years I say run away from this company as fast as you can.
Pros
Cons
As listed above
Crooked Management otherwise good
PDO (Current Employee) –  Perth Metro North, WA8 March 2019
Management have favourites who they will bend the rules for and on the other hand, make life difficult for posties they don't like. Most posties start out loving Australia Post but sadly, bad managers spoil Aus Post's reputation and spark resentment. Hopefully my experience with management does not reflect Aus Post as a company.

There are so many contradictions within the job that make it difficult to know exactly what procedure is sometimes. The main contradiction; speed vs safety. If you concentrate on safety and actually follow every procedure, management will pressure you to go faster. The irony is that safety is completely out the window when you're riding around stressed from all the pressure.
Your back and joints start to ache after bending over all the time, but you don't have time to get off and stretch. You can only go so fast on footpaths yet they somehow want you to zip through the run. The really cruel irony is that they'll punish you either way; for either being unsafe or for being too slow. You really can't win unless you're one of their favourites.

It's going to be interesting how things go when they convert to the push bikes and expect posties to deliver the same volume in the same amount of time.

Other than management, Australia Post is awesome. The people you work with are good folk, and being outdoors is unreal. You get to know the customers as well and everybody seems to be nice to the local postie. It's a shame that the iconic image of the friendly Australian postie is changing to the "no-time-to-say-hello" postie.
Pros
Outdoors. Friendly coworkers and customers. Ideal if you like motorbikes.
Cons
Management. Management. Management.
Be incompetent at your job and you might end up a mangaer
Owner Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Driver7 March 2019
Nothing is more important to Australia Post than safety, unless of course its not cost effective....

Hang on I'll try that again

The only thing that matters to this company is Profit
Unhappy unrewarding
POSTAL OFFICER (Former Employee) –  sydney27 February 2019
Management terrible. Workers treated like idiots. Different rules for workers and management. No team building culture at all. Employess provide their own fun
Unpredictable company to work for
Postal transport officer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA10 February 2019
Constantly decision changing..values of safety ignored as the job has to be done attitude from those in higher positions unskilled in divisions managing demand more work less input.due to many in offices it seems issues are hand balled from one to the next and sadly issues do not get resolved. For years!
Pros
Good superanuation scheme...
Cons
No support
25 February 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are disappointed to hear that your experience with Australia Post Group is not reflective of what we believe our culture to be and how we engage our people.

We aim to build a strong and inclusive culture where everyone is respected and provided with tools and training to do their job in a safe manner. Safety is our priority and we certainly take on board the comments you’ve provided.

Great for young families
Postal Delivery Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA5 February 2019
Indoor culture is hard hitting fast paced and sometimes fun. It is very regimented with little need for initiative.
The outdoor component required more. Safety, customer service, time management and attention to detail all whilst on the postie bike made the job fun and often very interesting on a day to day basis.
You are required to work both with colleges indoors and autonomously outdoors.
A healthy balance.
Pros
Work collegues
Cons
Wheather conditions
PDO - ADMIN (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 February 2019
Great place to work, is very inclusive and you can have your say on a number of things. You have the benefits of a big company ie wages super etc but have the feeling of working in a small team.
18 February 2019

Hi there, we appreciate the time you took to leave this review and are pleased to hear you enjoy working with us! We strive every day to make sure our people are supported and we want our employees to have an influence on where the company is going. Thanks again!

Just work if you cannot find any other job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 January 2019
If you can oil the managers you are sorted, if you can't find another job. Forget about ethics, moral other things. Just make sure manager likes you and you are sorted. Your work will not be appreciated and you will get minimal support. But that may also depend on your manager.
Pros
Good office environment
Cons
Bad Management
great workplace
Postal Delivery Officer (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW23 January 2019
This workplace is excellent would recommend it to anyone willing to work in all kinds of weather.The people and friends you make there will always be apart of you allover great job experience
Pros
free water on days over 40C
Cons
management can also be abit picky
love love love
Postal Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA21 January 2019
this was my favourite place to work. i was always somewhere different, so many varieties of jobs, people and places. overall fun to meet deadlines and be apart of a great bunch of people.
Pros
weekend work
Not enjoyable
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD15 January 2019
Poor training and guidance when dealing with extremely angry customers. I am used to working in call centres but Aust Post was a very toxic customer service hotline
Pros
Was close to home at the time
Cons
Toxic environment
4 February 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We are the leading logistics provider and as you can imagine – a number of things can go astray in the process of sending something from one point to another. Our Customer Service Agents deal with a number of calls from customers nationally who often call in when there is an issue with their delivery. People can get emotional when things don’t go to plan, and calls can be tough at times. As an organisation, we are always doing our best to fully support our consultants so they can get to the bottom of the problem and help our customers.

The key is concentration.
Postal Services Officer (Retail) (Former Employee) –  Rosebud plaza15 January 2019
The hardest part of the job was remembering everything.A typical day was serving customers,sorting mail,managing cash,organising retail merchandising and processing passports.What i learnt was to work as a team and ask questions if you weren't sure about something.
Pros
discounts on goods
Cons
on your feet for 5 hours
24 January 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review and giving so much detail on your responsibilities. At Australia Post we want everyone to feel supported and part of the team, we are glad to hear your experience was just that!

Amazing
Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 January 2019
A fantastic work place with room for advancement and growth A very diverse employer and the focus on OH&s is impeccable Upper management is always available for support
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Christmas period
24 January 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review, much appreciated!

a miserable sham and waste of time from start to finish
Pushbike Postie (Former Employee) –  Herbert St Delivery Facility St Leonards8 January 2019
This organization in 2018 chews and spits out people like they're disposable commodities in so far as shoddy probationary contracts,unreal expections,instant and unfair dismissals and generally spectacular ill treatment of new employees.Little to no ongoing training provided,unsafe work conditions aplenty,low worker morale and cold,ruthless superiors without heart or integrity.
Pros
zero
Cons
zero caring or work culture
14 January 2019

Hypocritical
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 January 2019
Continual change of management and ongoing restructures have caused a decline in job security. Tend to hire external candidates over internal applicants.
Pros
Very few now
Cons
Lack of security, recognition and appreciation
14 January 2019

We aim to build a strong and inclusive culture where everyone is respected and be as transparent as possible with changes we implement within our business. Thank you for the comments you’ve provided.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Australia Post. Our community is ready to answer.