Play YouTube video button

Australia Post Employee Reviews

Featured review
Australia Post selected this as a representative review
Postal Delivery Officer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD8 September 2018
Awesome place to work, everyone is nice. There are always opportunities to advance your career with post. Best job in the world, they focus on work life balance and can help with any problems you or your family is having. The posties are friendly and helpful and full of information. The equipment and uniforms are of exceptional quality.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Rain
Unpredictable company to work for
Postal transport officer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA10 February 2019
Constantly decision changing..values of safety ignored as the job has to be done attitude from those in higher positions unskilled in divisions managing demand more work less input.due to many in offices it seems issues are hand balled from one to the next and sadly issues do not get resolved. For years!
Pros
Good superanuation scheme...
Cons
No support
Great for young families
Postal Delivery Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA5 February 2019
Indoor culture is hard hitting fast paced and sometimes fun. It is very regimented with little need for initiative.
The outdoor component required more. Safety, customer service, time management and attention to detail all whilst on the postie bike made the job fun and often very interesting on a day to day basis.
You are required to work both with colleges indoors and autonomously outdoors.
A healthy balance.
Pros
Work collegues
Cons
Wheather conditions
PDO - ADMIN (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 February 2019
Great place to work, is very inclusive and you can have your say on a number of things. You have the benefits of a big company ie wages super etc but have the feeling of working in a small team.
Just work if you cannot find any other job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 January 2019
If you can oil the managers you are sorted, if you can't find another job. Forget about ethics, moral other things. Just make sure manager likes you and you are sorted. Your work will not be appreciated and you will get minimal support. But that may also depend on your manager.
Pros
Good office environment
Cons
Bad Management
great workplace
Postal Delivery Officer (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW23 January 2019
This workplace is excellent would recommend it to anyone willing to work in all kinds of weather.The people and friends you make there will always be apart of you allover great job experience
Pros
free water on days over 40C
Cons
management can also be abit picky
love love love
Postal Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA21 January 2019
this was my favourite place to work. i was always somewhere different, so many varieties of jobs, people and places. overall fun to meet deadlines and be apart of a great bunch of people.
Pros
weekend work
Not enjoyable
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD15 January 2019
Poor training and guidance when dealing with extremely angry customers. I am used to working in call centres but Aust Post was a very toxic customer service hotline
Pros
Was close to home at the time
Cons
Toxic environment
4 February 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We are the leading logistics provider and as you can imagine – a number of things can go astray in the process of sending something from one point to another. Our Customer Service Agents deal with a number of calls from customers nationally who often call in when there is an issue with their delivery. People can get emotional when things don’t go to plan, and calls can be tough at times. As an organisation, we are always doing our best to fully support our consultants so they can get to the bottom of the problem and help our customers.

The key is concentration.
Postal Services Officer (Retail) (Former Employee) –  Rosebud plaza15 January 2019
The hardest part of the job was remembering everything.A typical day was serving customers,sorting mail,managing cash,organising retail merchandising and processing passports.What i learnt was to work as a team and ask questions if you weren't sure about something.
Pros
discounts on goods
Cons
on your feet for 5 hours
24 January 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review and giving so much detail on your responsibilities. At Australia Post we want everyone to feel supported and part of the team, we are glad to hear your experience was just that!

Amazing
Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 January 2019
A fantastic work place with room for advancement and growth A very diverse employer and the focus on OH&s is impeccable Upper management is always available for support
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Christmas period
24 January 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review, much appreciated!

a miserable sham and waste of time from start to finish
Pushbike Postie (Former Employee) –  Herbert St Delivery Facility St Leonards8 January 2019
This organization in 2018 chews and spits out people like they're disposable commodities in so far as shoddy probationary contracts,unreal expections,instant and unfair dismissals and generally spectacular ill treatment of new employees.Little to no ongoing training provided,unsafe work conditions aplenty,low worker morale and cold,ruthless superiors without heart or integrity.
Pros
zero
Cons
zero caring or work culture
14 January 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are disappointed to hear that your experience with Australia Post Group is not reflective of what we believe our culture to be and how we engage our people.

We aim to build a strong and inclusive culture where everyone is respected and provided with tools and training to do their job in a safe manner. Safety is our priority and we certainly take on board the comments you’ve provided.

Hypocritical
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 January 2019
Continual change of management and ongoing restructures have caused a decline in job security. Tend to hire external candidates over internal applicants.
Pros
Very few now
Cons
Lack of security, recognition and appreciation
14 January 2019

We aim to build a strong and inclusive culture where everyone is respected and be as transparent as possible with changes we implement within our business. Thank you for the comments you’ve provided.

It's a hard job with little pay. Always understaffed, and all workers constantly complaining about too much work.
Delivery Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD7 January 2019
It's either way too hot, or way too cold to be outside on the post bike, and your back with be destroyed by the constant bumps and holes you will be hitting throughout the day. It will always feel like you have way too much to do, and a very small amount of time to do it.
Pros
Being outdoors, keeping fit
Cons
Back breaking, extreme weather, low pay, stressful
everyone work as a team, help out to each other when it needed
STAR TRACK SUB CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Heatwood Mail Center Brisbane QLD6 January 2019
.when someone try to act like a boss, and not get there job done, but rely on others,
.learning new skills always a good and fun part.
. management looks after there staffs. and the staffs looking after
them too, by doing a very excellent job everyday.
. mind there own business, get job done. keep place tidy for next day.
.most of all looking after yourself,, by sticking on the house rule.
. when you work hard for your money, and not get paid for it. true.
. work as a team, play like a team. and looking after each other.
Long hours and poor pay for young individuals
Parcel Officer (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 December 2018
The work was repetitive and skills development were little to none.
The management at the Chullora Facility was poor, people weren't getting paid on time.
Workers there, especially permanent were extremely helpful and informative. Great work place culture.
Pros
Long Lunch Breaks, Nice Coworkers
Cons
Bad Hours, Poor Pay, Poor Management
A great place to work
Production/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD16 December 2018
Job security is key with also good work life balance. Great pay rates and the tasks are not too difficult. A great place if you are looking for advancement.
best place work
Cleaner - Full time (Former Employee) –  Clyde NSW11 December 2018
australia post is best place to work. i worked there for more than 5 years and learn plenty of skills.Totaly all or nationalities working there and it is good to learn theirs culture.
A large corporation that is going to be around for a long time.
Reporting & Analysis Group Lead (Former Employee) –  Melbourne CBD11 December 2018
Plenty of opportunities for career minded people. Opportunities exist for employees to start in entry level jobs, then attend training that allows advancement to higher level jobs or transfers to alternative departments within the organisation.
Productive, supportive and fast paced work place.
postal officer (Former Employee) –  Kirrawee, AU30 November 2018
Working at Australia post was enjoyable, they are supportive and care about their team members, it is a fast paced environment, they train you to word interdependently but are always available if needed, the hardest part of the job was working in any weather condition, rain hail or shine the mail is delivered, but being outside and enjoying the exercise and fresh air is awesome.
Innovative and rewarding company
Postal Delivery Officer (Current Employee) –  Launceston Tasmania29 November 2018
Australia Post is a good company to work for and has the highest number of long term (15 plus years) employees that I have ever seen. The employees are happy and enjoy their work.
It is a place where a variety of skills and technical work can be learnt and applied
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Aberfoyle Park SA29 November 2018
A typical day at work in the Post office, is very busy, with customers who come in for different reasons, which may at times require a great deal of problem solving skills as well as good communication skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Australia Post. Our community is ready to answer.