Australia Zoo Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

2.9Pay & Benefits
3.0Job Security & Advancement
Lovely animals and grounds and staff keep the place beautiful.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Australia12 September 2019
What you see on the outside is all fake. Staff smiling and happy are breaking on the inside. I would never recommend anyone to work here. Management, HR and HOD’S are completely full of them selfs and will do anything to make your life miserable . I give any new employee 6 months before they see the REAL Australia Zoo.
All fake.
Do your self a favor and RUN!!
Pros
Seeing amazing animals every day
Cons
Very poor management, pay and treatment
Reasonable remuneration but terrible treatment of employees
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Beerwah QLD12 December 2017
I worked for Australia Zoo a few years ago and although enjoyed aspects of the role, the recruitment, day-to-day, and turn over of employees was poorly managed. The environment is heavily female orientated and employees are treated simply as tools (in my experience). The travel was inconvenient and the long walk to work from the furthest car park on arrival. Some employees were fantastic to work for but the line management were unprofessional and sometimes down right mean. Positives include the animals, beautiful location and discounts on food/drinks and entry for family. Overall I would rate this workplace 2 stars.
Pros
Walking around the Zoo, discounts
Cons
Treatment of employees and volunteers, travel
Great first job!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Beerwah QLD22 April 2017
Uplifting to know you are working at a place that cares so deeply about animal conservation. Very different place to work! Not everyday you see a wombat walk into an office, but it's a common thing at Australia Zoo!
Pros
Testing all the animal encounters!
Fast Paced with loads of fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Beerwah QLD26 June 2016
• Greeting and assisting customers with professionalism.
• Operating the Steve’s Safari Shuttles, coordinating large amounts of people through the sight seeing shuttle.
• Giving Informative talks on the animals, throughout the zoo.
• Meeting and exceeding occupational health and safety guidelines whilst driving the public on the shuttles
• Assisting with cleaning of animal enclosures as required
• Time Management
• Operating the children’s rides
Pros
got to see all the animals
Cons
n/a
No Recognition, No Security, Unfriendly Management, Short Hours
Customer Service and Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Sunshine Coast14 July 2014
I worked at the feeding frenzy, which is the company which runs the food court and vending machines inside Australia Zoo. I have spoken to other employees and ex employees and the feel the same. Firstly micro-management of staff slows down everything, we cannot even give a refund or make a change to the cash we returned, the procedures are slow and frustrating on staff and customers. Secondly their is no recognition, over Christmas we would all work over-time for free and less time on breaks etc. and the team or individuals would never get a simple well done or thanks. Thirdly the management was stuck up and thought they were the best, pretended to be professional, friendly etc. but were the complete opposite, the training was minimal, expectations high, no fun, no flexibility. Fourthly they sent you home after 2 hours if it wasn't 'busy enough', you needed to sign literally 20 forms to get the job, make promises and never go through with them and rip off prices. The feeding frenzy has put a bad name on Australia Zoo, i recommend not working for this section.
Pros
Seeing animals after work
Cons
Short hours, Low wage, Terrible management, No recognition