Australia Zoo Employee Review

View all Australia Zoo reviews

Should be the best job in the world
Not important (Former Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD22 August 2018
I had the pleasure of working with a great team and seeing things on a day to day basis that I would never dream of seeing anywhere else. Every day was different and projects really forced you to think outside the box and success was rewarding.

If only success was recognised! Ridiculous requests with impossible time lines by management who had zero idea about how to successfully do their job and a neurotic paranoia about any outside assistance or networking.

A toxic working culture permeates upper management and filters down through the personnel in every department. They seem to think that labour is expendable and can always be replaced with another who wants to work at a Zoo.

I would never recommend to anyone to work there.
Pros
Seeing the animals close up
Cons
Management can’t manage

Other Australia Zoo Employee Reviews

Stay away...horrible people!!
Keeper (Former Employee) –  Beerwah QLD6 August 2019
The staff turn over is so high that is states the obvious. No one is safe to work here. Management only care about their status. Depends who you are and who know in this place. I would never work here again even if they promised me all the money in the world. The Italian Mafia are safer, kinder and easier to work for I'm sure. Verbal, mental and physical abuse was very common when I worked here. Simply horrible & terrifying.
Toxic
Zoo Keeper (Former Employee) –  Beerwah QLD3 August 2019
Extremely toxic place to work. If you dont conform you are out! They only care about money & fame. Always been this way. Even when Steve was alive. Management are a circus of power hungry monkeys.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Australia Zoo. Our community is ready to answer.