Australia Zoo Employee Review

View all Australia Zoo reviews

Native mammals animal keeper (Former Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD28 September 2017
This was a hard job but had its rewards. Obviously it was the animals and not anything else. There was often a lot of bad feeling about how the staff were being treated. The hours were crazy for the amount of money that was being paid a week. We were expected to do overtime with no pay. Putting this aside I did still love the job. It is defiantly a career that is all about work. When I had children I could no longer do this job.
Pros
Animals
Cons
Long hours for not much pay

Other Australia Zoo Employee Reviews

Stay away...horrible people!!
Keeper (Former Employee) –  Beerwah QLD6 August 2019
The staff turn over is so high that is states the obvious. No one is safe to work here. Management only care about their status. Depends who you are and who know in this place. I would never work here again even if they promised me all the money in the world. The Italian Mafia are safer, kinder and easier to work for I'm sure. Verbal, mental and physical abuse was very common when I worked here. Simply horrible & terrifying.
Toxic
Zoo Keeper (Former Employee) –  Beerwah QLD3 August 2019
Extremely toxic place to work. If you dont conform you are out! They only care about money & fame. Always been this way. Even when Steve was alive. Management are a circus of power hungry monkeys.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Australia Zoo. Our community is ready to answer.