Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) Employee Review

View all Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) reviews

Dynamic, fun, diverse workplace
TV/Radio News Cataloguer/Researcher (Current Employee) –  Sydney, Australia26 December 2015
On a daily basis I either catalogue the news from the previous day across several ABC programs. Apart from the actual cataloguing details which need to be checked are metadata linking records to the their related vision, assuring standard vocabulary and metadata is correct and any foreign agency vision is noted as restricted as well as selecting ABC vision for archive which may not have been broadcast but is valuable for reuse.

I also provide research for journalists, e.g locating archival footage and ingesting the material either from tape or from digital archives. This role also includes selecting raw material for archive, quality check of both metadata and file names according to organisation wide standards, searching schedules for programs and their related metadata.

I used various databases to both catalogue and research including media asset management systems, ingesting vision from tape into digital format, archiving and restoring vision in our databases.
Pros
Good team work, life/work balance.
Cons
Old software systems makes for some frustration in storage space and workflows.

Other Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) Employee Reviews

Productive yet relaxing environment
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Ultimo NSW25 June 2019
During my work experience in the ABC, the employees there were very kind and the atmosphere was very productive. The workplace culture was consistent throughout the building and this included some viewings of their TV shows, merchandise and posters. My typical days included spending an hour or so exploring the different fields of the workplace, including some of the employees demonstrating the processes that occurred in their field. The most enjoyable part of the job was understanding how each detail of the workplace co-existed with the larger processes of development and production.
Pros
Productive environment
Cons
. I was working under the Project ‘Study of Brand Strategy and Consumer Behavior of ABC
Fresher (Former Employee) –  Sydney24 October 2018
 To study and understand the branding strategy and consumer behaviour of ABC company under the head of marketing at ABC channel
 To evaluate the key challenges ABC company is facing under the youth program coordinator at ABC channel
 To understand the cross culture difference in Australia and India Industry (In general)
 To study and understand social impact Initiatives and Corporate Social Responsibilities under the Executive Officer at Black town City Council
 To understand the new initiatives and academic curriculum of Australia under the Dean of Notre Dame University, Sydney