Australian Catholic University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Australian Catholic University Employee Reviews

Australia37 reviews
Staff are keen and intelligent in what they do. They are very supportive and organised. I have been given good opportunities at ACU.The university has challenged me in many of their mathematics units.
I have had the opportunity to be a sessional staff tutor as well as a lecturer.

The hardest part of the job was working effectively within the Covid 19 environment.
I work as a tertiary supervisor on a yearly contract basis so some of these questions are irrelevant to me. I have found the University a pleasing institution to work for over the last few years.
A fun, cultured and collaborative workplace. You get to meet people and create networks. Management was good. If there were any problems, they would attend to it on time and sort it out. I have learnt more skills and knowledge which has helped built my skillset and knowledge.
I'm employed in a sessional position, supervising students who are on their Prac Placements. This is normally in June/July and November/December each year. I have been employed by ACU for approximately 10years in this position and have enjoyed meeting a variety of students from diverse cultures.
Beautiful campus / workplace with awesome colleagues.Department heads and colleagues are always happy to help. Good place to engage in Professional development.
Poor direction and under resourced. The role required a significant amount of unpaid prep work that wasn't discussed at recruitment. Students felt unsupported by the university, most experienced serious delays in work placement allocation and lacked motivation to engage
It is a good place to learn and advance your career
However in IT department some of the managers are really Bossy. I believe their should be a training for management that how we should lead teams and deal with them
Not a bad place to work if you want work life balance .
There is not much career progression.

Good cruisy job without much stress and tension.

Easy place to work
I haven't worked here long enough to provide a response.

Fun environment with a real sense of community. Ideal fro university students as it works with your university timetable.

learn new skills.
Very beautiful place to work at
Career Advancement opportunities are great

Very Friendly staff

Gave me opportunity to work closely with the Elite government agencies such as Australian Federal police, Victoria Police and Australian Prime Minister's special security team.
Some of the management is downright spiteful.
No room for career progression.

Job security is no existent.

No work/life balance.

CEO is working hard to change some of the bad practices.
Loved working in this environment and having my own autonomy as a Lecturer to deliver on the new Australian Curriculum. Very supportive environment that cares about its staff and students.
Very nice people who helps new workers through art gallery work
i wish i could work with them again in the far future.

i support people who wants to work at ACU
very nice environment to work in, friendly staff, awesome work culture. they are very keen to provide the best possible services to their staff, students and contractors
Work as a Peer Notetaker is a great opportunity which allows for flexible deadlines which work well around study or additional commitments. Job description is clear and easy to follow. Management communication is excellent.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No promotion opportunities
esperanza straordinaria
ottimo posto in cui lavorare

Posto incredibile per imperare

Capi incredibili
Pros
Buono pasti
Cons
nessuna
ACU is a beautiful university geographically and the pastoral staff were lovely. The students were amazing and very polite. The staff had a few problems with communication. Very well paid if you work directly with ACU but not through an agency.
Pros
beautiful location
Cons
staff seem not to get on very well.
good culture, lots to learn. I have been working here on and off for a few years now. Absolutely love this place as the manager is very considerate and flexible
Friendly and supportive colleagues. Workplace culture is to work longer hours than normal as there is not much automation and there is quite a bit of duplication of procedures due to the distributed location of the campuses. The most enjoyable part of the job is to bring parties together to discuss and resolve issues and to improve processes.
Pros
Friendly and supportive colleagues
Cons
People work long hours but they are not outcome focussed
Busy workplace, I grown into the current role as Health Simulation Officer.
There is a very close knit working group on campus and everybody is great to work with.
Pros
Very close working relationships
Cons
No cons
I thoroughly enjoyed working here. It was a wonderful place to be situated as the staff seemed to actually really care. I enjoyed the campus environment and found other academics really supportive most of the time.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Australian Catholic University. Our community is ready to answer.