Australian Catholic University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Australian Catholic University Employee Reviews

4.1Work–Life Balance

Beautiful campus

Okay place to work. Some departments do not communicate very well with each other. Most staff were good to work. Culture within the university could improve.

Pros

most staff and students are great

Cons

overworked, undervalued and unappreciated

Stimulating multi tasked professional role

Amazing opportunity- used full skill set- autonomy and professionalism; mostly self directed work day; some bumps with strategic alignment mostly minor;

Well mentored and supportive

Staff are keen and intelligent in what they do. They are very supportive and organised. I have been given good opportunities at ACU.The university has challenged me in many of their mathematics units. I have had the opportunity to be a sessional staff tutor as well as a lecturer. The hardest part of the job was working effectively within the Covid 19 environment.

See comment below

I work as a tertiary supervisor on a yearly contract basis so some of these questions are irrelevant to me. I have found the University a pleasing institution to work for over the last few years.

Fun and collaborative

A fun, cultured and collaborative workplace. You get to meet people and create networks. Management was good. If there were any problems, they would attend to it on time and sort it out. I have learnt more skills and knowledge which has helped built my skillset and knowledge.

Sessional employment

I'm employed in a sessional position, supervising students who are on their Prac Placements. This is normally in June/July and November/December each year. I have been employed by ACU for approximately 10years in this position and have enjoyed meeting a variety of students from diverse cultures.

Great workplace

Beautiful campus / workplace with awesome colleagues.Department heads and colleagues are always happy to help. Good place to engage in Professional development.

Under resourced.

Poor direction and under resourced. The role required a significant amount of unpaid prep work that wasn't discussed at recruitment. Students felt unsupported by the university, most experienced serious delays in work placement allocation and lacked motivation to engage

Learning and organizational Culture

It is a good place to learn and advance your career However in IT department some of the managers are really Bossy. I believe their should be a training for management that how we should lead teams and deal with them

Ok place

Not a bad place to work if you want work life balance . There is not much career progression. Good cruisy job without much stress and tension. Easy place to work

N/a

I haven't worked here long enough to provide a response. Fun environment with a real sense of community. Ideal fro university students as it works with your university timetable. learn new skills.

Work Environment

Very beautiful place to work at Career Advancement opportunities are great Very Friendly staff Gave me opportunity to work closely with the Elite government agencies such as Australian Federal police, Victoria Police and Australian Prime Minister's special security team.

Great work-life balance

Coordinators are supportive and collegial. Colleagues are collaborative, responsive to constructive suggestion and professional. All teaching staff care for their students.

Not the best place

Some of the management is downright spiteful. No room for career progression. Job security is no existent. No work/life balance. CEO is working hard to change some of the bad practices.

Fantastic and Supportive Enviroment

Loved working in this environment and having my own autonomy as a Lecturer to deliver on the new Australian Curriculum. Very supportive environment that cares about its staff and students.

Good pay good staff

Very nice people who helps new workers through art gallery work i wish i could work with them again in the far future. i support people who wants to work at ACU

very nice environment to work in, friendly staff, awesome work culture. they are very keen to provide the best possible services to their staff, students and contractors

Relaxed work that is flexible around study

Work as a Peer Notetaker is a great opportunity which allows for flexible deadlines which work well around study or additional commitments. Job description is clear and easy to follow. Management communication is excellent.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

No promotion opportunities

Grandi persone

esperanza straordinaria ottimo posto in cui lavorare Posto incredibile per imperare Capi incredibili

Pros

Buono pasti

Cons

nessuna

loved the students, I was only a temp through agency.

ACU is a beautiful university geographically and the pastoral staff were lovely. The students were amazing and very polite. The staff had a few problems with communication. Very well paid if you work directly with ACU but not through an agency.

Pros

beautiful location

Cons

staff seem not to get on very well.

flexible

good culture, lots to learn. I have been working here on and off for a few years now. Absolutely love this place as the manager is very considerate and flexible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Australian Catholic University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Australian Catholic University
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?