Australian Childhood Foundation
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Australian Childhood Foundation Employee Reviews

The work is challenging and at times difficult, the travel can be a bit much, the role is massive and expectations to fill are huge, but you learn a lot in the role, the assessments are a bit over the top while also providing opportunities to develop assessment skills and It’s a good place to develop your practice.
Pros
Bi annual conference is paid for
Cons
Role requirements unrealistic
Very supportive team and manager Employees get lots of training and education. Able to work with children and young people and their families, very rewarding work
I loved the job and the people I worked with. The culture was unfortunately dictated by the upper management and this was disappointing. I was supervised by the CEO and found the organisation wanting in ethics.
My days entailed undertaking assessment, writing thorough assessment reports, therapeutic case planning and interventions to support children and their families with their trauma healing process. What I learned about the job is to be able to reflect, incorporate trauma and attachment theories into my work in a playful, attuned, curious manner. The most challenging part of the job is familiarising yourself with all the processes in particular the first 3 months of your employment and not feeling supported when you begin a new job. I have learnt tremendously from my colleagues who are passionate and skilled in the trauma counselling field. The most enjoyable part of the job as a counsellor was working with children and their families to support them through their trauma process and strengthen their relationships.
Pros
Professional Development, direct work with children and their families in a creative therapuetic manner
Cons
Long hours, location