Australian Clinical Labs
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Australian Clinical Labs Employee Reviews

A good career step
It helped me discover my (now) career but that's about all it gave me. I was extremely blessed with great managers - from what I hear, anyone else in the company is not as lucky.
poorly organised and poor quality
The company is primarily focused on profit with little regard to its low quality and staff demands. There were budget problems that led to difficulties. I did not have confidence in their abilities to run the organisation competently.
Fast paced busy environment
Main duties include obtaining blood collections in a busy medical centre , whilst ensuring patient is at ease and also all paper work is checked thorough and sent on to labs accordingly.
This is a rewarding job in which you have to show great integrity towards others. In doing so this brings satisfaction to the job.

Whilst dealing with needles this means you have to be extra vigilant at all times which is the biggest challenge of the job.
Atrocious management, low wages, embarrassment to the industry.
Management at Australian Clinical Labs (ACL) are incompetent, rude, penny pinchers and out of touch with their staff and the wider industry. Wages at ACL are low for the industry. I performed high level, senior duties for a number of years and management refused to promote me to an acceptable wage level, even while acknowledging my efforts and asking me to 'soldier on'. In South Australia there is instances of nepotism in senior management and misappropriation of company funds. There are limited (essentially none) career pathways at ACL, career progression is also not encouraged (costs money). They are the only scientific organisation I know which does not encourage or promote continuing professional development. WHS is also a complete joke, with little regard for employee safety short term or long term.
Pros
A select handful of great colleagues
Cons
Incompetent managers/senior staff. Low wages. Un-safe work environments.
busy
very fasted pace, busy and stressfull.
sometimes dealing with clients becomes a bit too much, they get so worked up over small incidents.

sometimes there is a break down in communication within the lab.
Fairly laid back
Fairly laid back culture. I enjoyed being involved in projects. Finances were tight. Focus on efficiency which I found interesting but was stressful for some staff
Bussy work environment .new challenges every day.
Fast paced commercial lab. Compromised on quality result. Recently managment is very demanding. And two faced .no appreciation and support and . not faithful.
Every day challenge makes interesting place.

Getting very hard day by day working both mentally and physically exhausted.

Time to explore and exit.
Unprofessional Management
Department has the lowest staff morale. There is NO communication between Department Manager and staff. Driver run times are unattainable, be prepared to start 30 mins before your run commences, not unusual to miss a lunch break and breaks to stay on time. You will work a lot of extra hours on your own expense.
THINK BEFORE APPLYING!!
Managment is very poor
The only time you hear back from management is when they need something from you.
The clinic I work (not acl) is wonderful and more supportive than acl!

Enquiries to management are ignored.

Changes to rostering for casual and part time staff resulting in staff being unfairly disadvantaged.

Too reliant on an app for communication to staff but even then they very, very rarely answer staffs questions on the app.
Pros
I love my job
Cons
Team orientated employees with a drive in a testing environment.
I was able to develop my communication skills with difficult and understanding patients alike. However, I felt constantly under stress and received abusive phone calls often. For a full time university student with a busy lifestyle the hours were accommodating and colleagues were extremely welcoming. The job allowed me to work under pressure of in bounding calls successfully and give excellent service to both patients and doctors, however the abuse became overwhelming and was the reason I left the place of employment.
Pros
Colleagues were lovely
Cons
Verbal abuse
hard work for little pay and respect
not appreciated lack of support paid minimum
morale low

phlebotomist even though the face of the company

get treated very poorly by scientist ,clients ,management . marketing and sometimes allied health staff ,must be thick skin to work in this role as venepuncture is feared by a lot of patients so expect high levels of anxiety and emotions ,also perform urine drug screen some staff members have been physically and verbally abused ,little protection even though advocated through work safe ect little is supplied ,staff are left in dangerous and vulnerable positions for very little pay not much benefits when full time especially, hard work , lack of support ,dangerous conditions for poor pay
Pros
get to assist and meet nice people/patients sometimes
Cons
hard to leave on time, pay is poor, lack of respect and support by external and internal staff, dangerous conditions at times
This is a really good company to work for
I enjoy my work and what I do. Caring for patients and feel Im good with my skill. Patience and tolerance. My work place is in a Drs surgery where Im appreciated for what I do. I have great managers who work hard at keeping report with staff and managing staff needs. There is nothing I would complain about my job. Dealing with people.
Bullying and intimidation by management is acceptable apparently.
I enjoyed my work. Unfortunately management is run by bullies and incompetents who blame everyone else for their mistakes and stupidity. Supervisors dont follow protocols and lie on your performance reviews. If you enjoy being bullied and intimidated or you are someone who enjoys bullying and intimidating others you will fit right in. If this is not your cup of tea then stay away from this company. Hired as a casual, having to give 6 months notice to have 2 weeks off a year...pain the proverbial. Being expected to be available at the drop of a hat. Having your hours cut after 6 years from 5 days week to two days a fortnight to accomodate your supervisors mate. No overtime pay, but being expected to do overtime. No recognition for prior experience and skills. After 3 changes of ownership it is now owned by a capital investment company whose main priority is how much money can they make as they cut staff and close labs.
DON'T BOTHER WITH THIS COMPANY.
Pros
The patients who made every day enjoyable.
Cons
No repect from management. No recognition for prior experience. Bullying
Workplace culture endorses bullying
The whole network is based around "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine", coupled with an overriding drive for profits instead of customer service. There is no avenue for appealing decisions which are illegal and involve full blown workplace bullying. Imagine being told you are contracted to 30 hours a fortnight, yet have been screamed at - yes, publicly screamed at - for saying you have a couple of days a month or so in the future you cannot work, as being part time means you need to be available all day and every day.
Pros
Finish by 5
Cons
Lomg travel for 3 hour shifts, culture actvely endorses management - lower managers in particular to be bullies
Fun and progressive environment
Major personal and professional learning step. Staff are friendly and always willing tot help. Learned to operate manual and autonomous gynaecological equipments. Opportunity to witness work at various other departments such as Microbiology and Histology. Refined my laboratory skills. And reassured my passion for the medical field.
It's a fun place to work.
Clinical labs has the best CEO in the world. All other employees are the excellent to work with. No matter how busy my day goes because the work environment and healthy work culture I don't feel bore or get tired to work here.
Great collegues, great team in Andrology lab
Very busy -unpredictable - always need to be flexible - multi-tasking - attention to details.
Always the need for embracing new technologies and computer skills.

Although I've worked for different companies, I've worked with the same awesome group of people for over 17 years,with some 28 years.

The hardest part of my working life has been the frequent change of employers in the last 7 years.

Job satisfaction - knowing to be of assistance helping couples to become parents. Close interaction with patients.
Pros
attending conferences when working for MIVF
Cons
unpaid overtime
Exceptional in following policies and prodedures in Mildura.
Really caring and friendly team. The staff go above and beyond the call of duty.
Phlebotomy takes quite a long time to master the craft however, at Mildura they make it look easy. There are those that want to take their craft even further, to that next level and master making it as painless as possible. There is nothing more satisfying to the Phlebotomist than the words spoken from their patient "I barely even felt that" :))
Pros
Relaxed environment with a positive team.
Cons
Quite a few missed tea breaks.
all challanges were met daily
Looked forward to going to work as I had the best team and environment and my Manager was the best I had worked for.
Every day was a challange that we met and achieved.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Pressure
Organistaion lacking employee development and more for personal gains
Organistion was an enjoyable place to work till changed hands.Businnes was ruthless in making many redundant only to support this work being performed out of Malaysia. A move for their personal gain. ALL ABOUT HOW MUCH THEY CAN MAKE at the expense of others.
I thought you look after "your own backyard first" before you do others.
Pros
N/a