Australian Country Choice Employee Reviews

This is not everything I could say
Packing room (Former Employee) –  Murarrie QLD10 August 2018
# 4 days on - Sunday off - 2 on - 2 off - 2 on - Sunday off - 4 on - 5 off
# typically long days with no definitive finishing time
# can do a 10-12hr day with only 2 breaks in a bone chilling environment for consecutive days
# workers often fatigued which compromised health and resistance to illness
# full time casual position therefore no sick pay and you were often sick due to conditions and work expectations
# 10 mins of your half hour break is committed to walking to and from lunch area and suiting up for work on the floor
# your days off were not your days off if they decided they needed you more than you deserved your rostered days off

I could keep going but I don't want to sound petty - you should get the gist by now
Pros
hard working amazing co-workers like yourself
Cons
expectations and treatment of workers
Leading Hand (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD24 October 2017
I enjoy my work there .friendly staff and seniors are co operative I learn many things .friendly co worker I miss them a lot such a nice place to work
good
Cons
nothing
Be happy with what you get
Knife Hand (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD8 August 2017
Can name better places to work where you can advance into higher positions faster. Don't ever get sick because not even a medical certificate will save you. Everyone new starts through labour hire no matter how much experience you have which means your not entitled to sick pay or annual leave, a percentage of your pay goes to the labour hire while someone employed with the company doing same job as you is getting $10 more an hour than you. Waiting period to join the company is roughly 3-4 years. Hope to be happy with the position they give you even though you are qualified for higher positions as you'll be waiting forever to advance. Oh and unless you work with knives, don't expect a locker.
Pros
Cons
long hours between breaks if your in retail ready.
Excellent Company To Work For
Slicer (Former Employee) –  Cannon Hill QLD29 January 2017
Tutoring new employees in boning and slicing.
Cutting meat to order specifications.
Excellent.
Very Good .
Nothing that I found.
The hours and wages
Pros
Culture at how you were ttreated as a wholoe
Cons
Long walk to lunchroom
My Insight into the Meat Industry
Product & Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Cannon Hill QLD16 January 2017
My role as a Product and Process Technician at Australian Country Choice was my first job out of University within my own field of study. It was a massive learning curve for me understanding the way the meat industry functions and what the Australian consumers want as far beef is concerned. I learned to manage the laboratory and work with other associated departments at the same time. My role allowed me to learn that different departments have targets and priorities which in the end all meld to meeting the customer's requirements. Most of my co-workers were highly experienced staff who have been working in the red meat industry for a long time and this was great for me as I got to understand the nature of the food product.
management very unprofessional
Abbotoir Worker (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD15 November 2016
i was put in a situation where a co-worker had tried to sexually assault me. i did the right thing and took it too HR only to be stood down for a week because the incident did not happen on job site. It happened leaving the job site. Utterly disgusted with HR at ACC
Pros
nothing
Cons
theres always a con amongst them
Hard work and unfair conditions
Beef breaker (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD28 September 2016
No full time opportunity unless you hold a 457 visa. Visa holders given priority over Australians. full time visa holder earns $1250 a week. I am casual labour hire doing the same job but only make $950 a week. Been waiting 2 years to go full time
Pros
still do monday to friday
Cons
labour hire company is unfair
Fun easy going hard worker
Office Admin/Stockhand (Current Employee) –  Office Admin / Stock hand1 September 2016
Easy to get along with hard working keen to learn. I am punctual and work well with others or alone. I have good reliable transport and am willing to relocate for the write job.
productive and fun work place
feedmill operator (Current Employee) –  Any Company25 May 2016
want fun and productive work place free lunchtime and long hours friendly employee and have good communication with ather workers the hardest part is i, m only one operating the machine no substitute but it was a good challenge for me to prove that i am aware on this position.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Good company but just like all other companies needs improvement here and there
Meat Labourer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD13 April 2016
Typical day
Fun at times
Hard work
most enjoyable part of the job is finishing a hard days work not leaving anything for the next shift to do
Happy
Meat Packer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 February 2016
When im at work i try my best to do the work in a safe way and at the same time is to be happy about your job or love your job cause when you love your job you will never go wrong.
No support just daily negative feed back
MEX PURCHASING OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Cannon Hill QLD16 January 2016
Checking stock levels that has been used.
Comparing stock levels against reorder levels in the system.
Raising purchase orders, sending them off to suppliers.
Comparing pricing from the supplier to our system costs.
Any price variance check out with the supplier.
Receipting inward goods, rechecking pricing on receipting.
Daily reports, monthly reports.
Submit and follow up on supplier contracts.
Management only try to find fault with any work you do.
When you find and try to implement any improvement it is declined ad then all of a sudden down the track it is implemented by some one else.
Pros
Nil
fast paced environment and friendly co-workers
Meat Packer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD11 October 2015
Its very pro active as for organisation in the company it is very stressful to see orders being put in for the week and the supervisor tryin to do it all in one day puts alot of stress not only on themselves but also on the workers in saying the packers are the hardest working people in the boning room trying to fulfil these orders for mangement and supervisors.
The most part that i enjoyed was getting to know people in the room and getting along with them. so co-workers were pretty awesome.
good natured and very excepting people
slicer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD21 September 2015
While working at ACC the foremans were very down to earth and approachable supervisors, the company took great care of any employee who sustained an injury whether great or small and provided a great health care and physiotherapy system to help get their valued employees back into their jobs as soon as they had completely mended and were capable of recommencing their position with minimal chance of their recent injury being of concern.
Pros
good people willing to teach and help better their fellow workers
Cons
because they had such a good rate of constant workers, advancing higher through the ranks was highly difficult
good mates and fund memories
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Queensland21 July 2015
working at Australian country choice changed my life due to my family being able to provide for and a location really help me grow so much
Pros
really close location
no way to move forward
knive hand (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD27 January 2015
only thing you knew everyday was what time you started cause there was know way of knowing what time we fin everyday other then that was good supervisors and co workers the hardest part of job was not knowing what time you finish
not bad but hard working with no english speaking people
meat processor/ machine operator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD13 January 2015
work area is dangerous and very fast also working with non english speaking foreigners so i have to be very cautious on everything around myself, i ran a burger pressing machine and sausage machine making hundreds of thousands of portions a day.
fine
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  qld15 June 2014
was a cleaner, every one was messy but if they weren't i wouldn't of had a job.
Everything was good.
factory (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD7 February 2014
5 days dayoff avery third week

BBQ party

activity to go to Movie world in Chirstmas
Secure work, Good workmates
Slicer, QA Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD29 January 2014
Always very busy workload, learned to work as a team and identify hazards and follow strict instruction.
Pros
Good income
Cons
Very busy work, repetitive work, long hours