Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
View all Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology reviews

Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology

Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology Employee Review

Friendly team and good place to work

Respected federal Govt agency - has many opportunities to move around and try different things . Fun scientists and technology people and lots to learn

Same location

Management and Culture needs a shakeup

.Didn't appreciate getting yelled at by management. Overwork and underpaid. Expected to complete work way above pay grade. Mass exit because of bad culture, no consultation when changes occur and lack of management people skills.

Pros

Some colleague's

Cons

Management and culture
Same location

The work life balance was the main reason I stayed after completing my first (and very interesting project)

This was my first government job. Was a big adjustment - no tea, no coffee, no milk - stationary the cheapest they could get - very different to the private sector. Once I made the adjustment people were mostly good, internal processes frustrating- All this in the name of making sure the tax payers money was spent wisely- the waste due to the bureaucracy was staggering, and the job interview process - words fail me. But I stayed nearly 6 years you just have to adapt!

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Bureaucracy- and poor salaries
Same location

Great work life balance, good wages, no job security.

The Bureau is a very relaxed environment, indeed too relaxed to the point that many times work does not get completed as quickly as one would like to. Wages are okay.

Pros

Relaxed environment and work life balance

Cons

No job security.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology with

Learn about Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology in popular locations

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?