Australian Government Department of Agriculture and Water Resources
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Australian Government Department of Agriculture and Water Resources Employee Reviews in Canberra ACT

Canberra ACT10 reviews
I will discuss with potential job opportunities about my current ambitions and the current duties I perform. Good management and a culture of hard honest team members.
al was good was working in ICT Platform group as a graduate salary wasnt great but learned a lot from the team. wasnt seeing my future in the company as the HR team wasnt very supportive
The Department spans economic analysis, Big P policy development, programme management and regulatory compliance / operations/ service delivery.
Building IT for a department like this is complicated and so success is even sweeter!
Main building is a very nice building, next to ANU and lake. Culturally diverse - CalD group is very active.
Mort street is also close to civic and the park. Social club is very proactive.

Big brothers are too big.
This department has some great people working for it.
As usual, the management and leadership of teams is integral in deciding whether you will work in a place that is great to work for or not.

Opportunties for people with no agricultural background to become invested in australian industry.
Pros
Central CBD location
The Australian Government Department of Agriculture and Water Resources develops and implements policies and programmes to ensure Australia's agricultural, fisheries, food and fore​stry indust​ries remain competitive, profitable and sustainable, and supports the sustainable and productive management and use of rivers and water resources. We have about 5000 staff working in offices, airports, mail centres, shipping ports, laboratories and abattoirs; located in regional ​centres, rural communities and capital cities.
I very much appreciated the opportunities the department gave me in pursuing my passion with agriculture.

Learning to work with new and enthusiastic people is a bonus . The hardest part of the job is working with people who are dissatisfied with their job and job related issues.

The enjoyable part of the job is working with like minded committed people to providing a positive outcome for rural Australia.
Pros
Working with people commiteed to a positive outcome
Cons
felxibility in working environment
I joined this department and stayed there for 4years this was the worst department I had worked in in my public service career of 35 years. This department stifles innovation and change also sexist towards males and promoted nepotism.
Pros
Cons
harrassment and bullying
I want to move on to other challenges.
I am taking a Voluntary Redundancy.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Australian Government Department of Agriculture and Water Resources?
working with contractors was a fun; lot of good learning experience with IT GURUS - contractors; I learnt lot of IT tricks from them