Australian Government Department of Agriculture and Water Resources
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Australian Government Department of Agriculture and Water Resources Management reviews

I had a great job at the department however management changed and it turned into a toxic environment. Co-workers made the position bearable until I was subjected to "performance management" for a mental illness.
Pros
good job, lovely coworkers, good hours and pay
Cons
management
Durch die Hitze Australiens begann der Tag spätestens um 7 Uhr morgens. Die Zeit am Morgen wurde genutzt um auf den verschiedenen Weizenfeldern Proben zur Auswertung zu sammeln und zum Labor zu bringen. Durch verschiedenste Maschinen wurde im Labor festgestellt, welche Art von Weizen bei welchen Wetterbedingungen am besten gedeiht. Zu jeder Zeit wurde ich bei Fragen unterstützt, sowohl am Arbeitsplatz als auch Privat. Dieses Unternehmen ist sehr familiär und die Arebitsplatzkultur unbeschreiblich. Auch in stressigen Situationen mit Überforderung der Hitze wurden Aufgaben stehts freundlich und im Team gelöst. Gerade die Festgkeit des Teams hat diese Arbeitserfahrung einmalig gemacht.
Pros
Sehr gutes Gehalt
Cons
Hitze
The Department spans economic analysis, Big P policy development, programme management and regulatory compliance / operations/ service delivery. Building IT for a department like this is complicated and so success is even sweeter!
I will discuss with potential job opportunities about my current ambitions and the current duties I perform. Good management and a culture of hard honest team members.
This department has some great people working for it. As usual, the management and leadership of teams is integral in deciding whether you will work in a place that is great to work for or not. Opportunties for people with no agricultural background to become invested in australian industry.
Pros
Central CBD location
The Australian Government Department of Agriculture and Water Resources develops and implements policies and programmes to ensure Australia's agricultural, fisheries, food and fore​stry indust​ries remain competitive, profitable and sustainable, and supports the sustainable and productive management and use of rivers and water resources. We have about 5000 staff working in offices, airports, mail centres, shipping ports, laboratories and abattoirs; located in regional ​centres, rural communities and capital cities.
I joined this department and stayed there for 4years this was the worst department I had worked in in my public service career of 35 years. This department stifles innovation and change also sexist towards males and promoted nepotism.
Pros
Cons
harrassment and bullying
Work at export meat plant under minimal supervision with little or no back up whilst under extreme scrutiny by company management . the most enjoyable part of the job is the knowledge that you are doing your part in controlling a quality product is being produced for human consumption under the Australian standards. The hardest part of the job is the lack of support and back up from your department supervisors and department heads.
Have been here for 12 months and have enjoyed every second. very professional. Management is very high quality and will listen to staff.
Pros
Good working conditions
Cons
Sometimes extensive hours due to Project requirements
Productive and fun workplace with a gym and social club. assortment of duties, never bored, lots of laughter, management approachable. work colleagues all worked as a team, very safe environment. Very busy during morning teas and lunch. I learned some catering skills, time management and met some lovely people.
Pros
meeting people.
Cons
not enough hours at times so no large earning capacity.
My ideal working industry. Enjoyed working in the administration/customer service areas. Also allowed me to work with management, development and research officers.
Pros
My ideal employemnt
Cons
Contract work only
Working within a team environment is rewarding ,also i work independently. Hardest part of my job would be spending long periods away from family.Management are fine they provide the flexibility to do training courses, and support their staff . my working day varies so much from day to day i could be in the field , office work or lab work .
Pros
flexible working hours, team work, training opportunities
Cons
away from home for time to time
Management out of touch with client needs, alternative consultants taking business from the organisation due too slow a response to client needs and inappropriate management skills and evaluation.
Pros
Cons
Inplodinf organisation and oportunities