Australian Government Department of Human Services

Australian Government Department of Human Services Pay & Benefits reviews: Customer Service Representative

Soul destroying dept to work for with poor culture/morale
CSA (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA24 April 2019
Rewarding work personally however terrible leadership creates poor culture and morale. Bullying is ripe throughout the dept and is always covered up. You are just a number in this department don’t expect anything in return for your hard work other than pay and poor treatment
Pros
Salary
Cons
Poor management. Bullying. Low morale.
Good benefits
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 September 2018
Work with committed staff who are committed to providing positive outcomes
The hours are Monday to Friday, no weekend work unless you are committed to working overtime
Pros
good benefits
Cons
repetative work
Great Department
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  sydney27 July 2018
Great benefits and work life balance and plenty of opportunities to be had. Flexible management and helpful staff. Learning and development programs are state of the art!
Pros
flexible arrangemnts
Professional and helpful workplace to be involved in. Very enjoyable environment.
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Traralgon VIC17 May 2016
Shifts usually go for aorund 5 hours.

Arriving - We are required to sign in to our personal computers, start appropriate programs, which are used incoming calls and access profiles of customers.

Next we start recieving calls which take up majorirty of our shift. These calls would require us to answer customer queries regarding family tax benefits and other payments. They may already be recieving these or interested in checking the eligibility to recieve these.

If unsure about anything we are required to transfer these calls to a more qualified team member of a supervisor.

Appropriate breaks are taken wihin this time.

Signing out of the computer when the shift is done completes this shift.
Pros
Enjoyable workplace, great pay rate, well-structured position and very helpful supervisors available all the time.
Cons
Short hours, non-ongoing position (No contract)
Fun environment with heaps of energy
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Traralgon, Gippsland, Victoria.25 September 2014
Typically I would perform a five hour shift providing customer service to citizens on or interested in the Family Tax benefit. Answering any questions, complaints or queries related to their payments or their eligibility for these payments. The management and training in this position were very professional and well structured. I learned how to communicate at a high level with customers and how to handle tough situations over the phone. I ended this position a alot.
Pros
Good salary, Good hours, Good training and managment. Fun environment.
Cons
Unreliable contracts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Australian Government Department of Human Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Australian Government Department of Human Services Reviews by Location