Australian Government Services Australia

Australian Government Services Australia Employee Reviews

Australia189 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Working for the people

Staff are very committed to customer service, without exception. Support is good and the environment is collaborative and positive.Internal recruitment processes need a complete overhaul. Many people struggle to be promoted despite years of performing successfully at a certain level.

Fun workplace. Happy encouraging work mates.

It's the special friendships and lovely people at Probe that keeps me going back there... The helpful work mates and team leaders make it a wonderful job.

People kept me there

Micro management at its worst. Detrimental to everyone’s mental health. Work place adjustment not consistent. Question people over how long toilet breaks took.

Cons

Micromanagement, no fun, no laughing, no empathy, no after work culture at all

Productive and challenging work environment but very rewarding

I absolutely loved my time working at services australia, it was fast paced and stressful but very rewarding! Every phone call is regarding something completely different to the last phone call, leadership are very supportive. KPI’s can be hard to manage at times especially around tax time as most phone calls are in regards to tax related issues or queries.

Pros

Great leadership and team structure

Cons

Stressful

Liked the access to free gym

Processed Claims and answered Customer questions.Lots of unpleasant people and management only looking out for themselves.No one to talk to about issues without feeling ridiculed.I had lots of team leaders in a short time and only two were helpful humans. The others were terrible at their jobs.

Pros

good pay

Cons

Too many bosses not enough workers

Great place to work, but no job security

Love the work only fault is it’s by contract for month to month. Stressful as you don’t know how long you will be there.Staff are friendly and easy to work for. I recommend working for them if you are financially secure.

Overall a good place to work.

Depending on what claims/work you're allocated in, the work can get quiet emotional. If you can switch off and be emotionally detached at times then this role would suit.

Pros

Management highly understanding. Flexible work hours can choose when to work.

Cons

Heavily monitored by a system program constantly having to change your stats.

Priductive always an opportunity to improve yourself

Always opportunities to be a better employee always have opportunities to succeed with the work place, a lot to look forward too, room to challenge yourself with customer experiences and customer knowledge. Always be a team player.

Pros

Working with great people, helping your community, very much enjoy helping families, an place that dont have the support like our indiginous communitys.

Cons

Long hours can change depending on business imperatives

Worked on a short term contract

It was a very busy office and I wasn’t given much direction. Contract was only 3 months so not much job security. Work was interesting but most of the tasks I was given were not explained at all. Was only interviewed for the role over the phone by an agency in Canberra.

Pros

Trip to Canberra

Cons

Lack of instruction

Work place

Overall view about two current work place are phenomenal , Its all about the environment that sums it all together. From learning to managements down to the culture in the office, The currently work place im working has all the above. Working in a fast pace environment with every call we make results with great reviews at most times. The hardest part of the job is the security. The most enjoyable about the job are the monthly support where we give feedback to the workforce and them providing implementing them.

Jobs at Australian Government Services Australia

See more jobs

Generally good place to work

Management can be difficult to deal with. Some managers were promoted beyond their capabilities and were not pro-active with staff. My team leader did not want to deal with anyone face-to-face. In fact, he avoided all personal contact, preferring to use Skype, even with people at the next desk to him! He had no people skills at all.

Teamwork is excellent, high workload to keep me busy not to watch time

Fun at work as very easy and friendly workmates with respect and offer help quickly, management is good, well coordinated. Growth and advancement opportunities

High pressure and stress

High pressure and stress is involved, always huge workload now more than ever, accountable at every level and high expectations to work under pressure.

Great team, great work

Lots of challenges in learning and customer service work, but the support team and people work around with you are great. Well-developed onboarding training system.

Productive workplace

Productive work place with plenty of training and ongoing peer support services with on hand manuals to assist you through your work. Friendly environment.

Pros

Good $$

Cons

Nil

we were contracted so we had no paid leave or holidays pay.

Busy case loads full on job As a contractor we had lots of training but not for the systems we were about to use. Also shortly after new productivity tools were implemented that no one seem to know how it worked.

Enjoyed working at Centrelink

Fast paced, great colleagues. Opportunities to move within different payments and services are available. Pay and conditions are excellent. Can be quite a competitive environment depending on where you work

Good culture, work hard but have fun as well

The work is diverse and interesting, there is opportunity to work in just about any IT field that you can think of within the one department. It is one of the biggest it shops in the southern hemisphere and has a very complex IT base. Great place to learn your trade.

Pros

Friendly envrionment.

Cons

At times the hours can be excessive.

Very Stressful Position

Very Stressful and not humane. You are there to provide customer service but the government wants you to respond with robot like answers. Legislation is difficult

Fast paced, customer focused environment

Can be challenging at times as customers are often emotional when calling. Can be very rewarding when you help customers resolve issues to gain a successful outcome.

Be adaptable

This environment is always changing. You must be adaptable and have no trouble with continuous changes. Your roles varies hourly and need a high level of customer service. Basic computer skills are required.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Australian Government Services Australia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Australian Government Services Australia with