Australian Government Services Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Australian Government Services Australia Employee Reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Worked on a short term contract

It was a very busy office and I wasn’t given much direction. Contract was only 3 months so not much job security. Work was interesting but most of the tasks I was given were not explained at all. Was only interviewed for the role over the phone by an agency in Canberra.

Pros

Trip to Canberra

Cons

Lack of instruction

Priductive always an opportunity to improve yourself

Always opportunities to be a better employee always have opportunities to succeed with the work place, a lot to look forward too, room to challenge yourself with customer experiences and customer knowledge. Always be a team player.

Pros

Working with great people, helping your community, very much enjoy helping families, an place that dont have the support like our indiginous communitys.

Cons

Long hours can change depending on business imperatives

Work place

Overall view about two current work place are phenomenal , Its all about the environment that sums it all together. From learning to managements down to the culture in the office, The currently work place im working has all the above. Working in a fast pace environment with every call we make results with great reviews at most times. The hardest part of the job is the security. The most enjoyable about the job are the monthly support where we give feedback to the workforce and them providing implementing them.

Generally good place to work

Management can be difficult to deal with. Some managers were promoted beyond their capabilities and were not pro-active with staff. My team leader did not want to deal with anyone face-to-face. In fact, he avoided all personal contact, preferring to use Skype, even with people at the next desk to him! He had no people skills at all.

Teamwork is excellent, high workload to keep me busy not to watch time

Fun at work as very easy and friendly workmates with respect and offer help quickly, management is good, well coordinated. Growth and advancement opportunities

High pressure and stress

High pressure and stress is involved, always huge workload now more than ever, accountable at every level and high expectations to work under pressure.

Great team, great work

Lots of challenges in learning and customer service work, but the support team and people work around with you are great. Well-developed onboarding training system.

Productive workplace

Productive work place with plenty of training and ongoing peer support services with on hand manuals to assist you through your work. Friendly environment.

Pros

Good $$

Cons

Nil

we were contracted so we had no paid leave or holidays pay.

Busy case loads full on job As a contractor we had lots of training but not for the systems we were about to use. Also shortly after new productivity tools were implemented that no one seem to know how it worked.

Enjoyed working at Centrelink

Fast paced, great colleagues. Opportunities to move within different payments and services are available. Pay and conditions are excellent. Can be quite a competitive environment depending on where you work

Good culture, work hard but have fun as well

The work is diverse and interesting, there is opportunity to work in just about any IT field that you can think of within the one department. It is one of the biggest it shops in the southern hemisphere and has a very complex IT base. Great place to learn your trade.

Pros

Friendly envrionment.

Cons

At times the hours can be excessive.

Very Stressful Position

Very Stressful and not humane. You are there to provide customer service but the government wants you to respond with robot like answers. Legislation is difficult

Fast paced, customer focused environment

Can be challenging at times as customers are often emotional when calling. Can be very rewarding when you help customers resolve issues to gain a successful outcome.

Be adaptable

This environment is always changing. You must be adaptable and have no trouble with continuous changes. Your roles varies hourly and need a high level of customer service. Basic computer skills are required.

Working hard for the Australian public

Definitely recommend a place where you can make a difference to someone’s life. Forget office politics and just get in and do your job helping vulnerable people in the community.

Very friendly and helpful

This was my entry in the Public Service and I wonder why it took so long to join. Loved it can't wait to get back to it. Welcoming of all, regardless of background religion. Hardest part of the job find no security in the job. Permanency is very hard to get. Apart from that I have enjoyed my nearly 6 years very much. Work was relatively easy to do and training was sufficient.

Busy and fast paced environment.

Typical day at work is being on inbound/outbound calls. Once a months there will be one hour available for coaching and twice a month 30 minutes or an hour for personal learning and development subject to business operational requirements.

Lot of shifts and flexibility.

Beggining can be a but challenging but then on it is easy and there is plenty of shifts and flexibility. While at job if you can complete a advanced course outside they will promote you accordingly with the awards, which is amazing.

Too stressful

Management set unrealistic goals & expectations. Rosters on phones make it impossible to keep up with work allocated for follow up time & I was placed on a back on track plan which was totally unachievable. They set me up to fail.

good place to work

I enjoyed my time there, the conditions were great the staff were wonderful and I learned a lot of new skills which will help me in the future. I received a lot of great training too

Pros

great money

Cons

Really need to be on your game have to keep to putting people on a payment plan People are really friendly and are all willing to help with any problems

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Australian Government Services Australia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Australian Government Services Australia