Australian Government Services Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Australian Government Services Australia Employee Reviews

Australia179 reviews
Management can be difficult to deal with. Some managers were promoted beyond their capabilities and were not pro-active with staff. My team leader did not want to deal with anyone face-to-face. In fact, he avoided all personal contact, preferring to use Skype, even with people at the next desk to him! He had no people skills at all.
Fun at work as very easy and friendly workmates with respect and offer help quickly, management is good, well coordinated. Growth and advancement opportunities
High pressure and stress is involved, always huge workload now more than ever, accountable at every level and high expectations to work under pressure.
Lots of challenges in learning and customer service work, but the support team and people work around with you are great.

Well-developed onboarding training system.
Productive work place with plenty of training and ongoing peer support services with on hand manuals to assist you through your work. Friendly environment.
Pros
Good $$
Cons
Nil
Busy case loads full on job As a contractor we had lots of training but not for the systems we were about to use. Also shortly after new productivity tools were implemented that no one seem to know how it worked.
Fast paced, great colleagues. Opportunities to move within different payments and services are available. Pay and conditions are excellent. Can be quite a competitive environment depending on where you work
The work is diverse and interesting, there is opportunity to work in just about any IT field that you can think of within the one department. It is one of the biggest it shops in the southern hemisphere and has a very complex IT base. Great place to learn your trade.
Pros
Friendly envrionment.
Cons
At times the hours can be excessive.
Very Stressful and not humane.
You are there to provide customer service but the government wants you to respond with robot like answers. Legislation is difficult
Can be challenging at times as customers are often emotional when calling. Can be very rewarding when you help customers resolve issues to gain a successful outcome.
This environment is always changing. You must be adaptable and have no trouble with continuous changes. Your roles varies hourly and need a high level of customer service. Basic computer skills are required.
Definitely recommend a place where you can make a difference to someone’s life. Forget office politics and just get in and do your job helping vulnerable people in the community.
This was my entry in the Public Service and I wonder why it took so long to join. Loved it can't wait to get back to it. Welcoming of all, regardless of background religion.
Hardest part of the job find no security in the job. Permanency is very hard to get. Apart from that I have enjoyed my nearly 6 years very much. Work was relatively easy to do and training was sufficient.
Typical day at work is being on inbound/outbound calls. Once a months there will be one hour available for coaching and twice a month 30 minutes or an hour for personal learning and development subject to business operational requirements.
Beggining can be a but challenging but then on it is easy and there is plenty of shifts and flexibility. While at job if you can complete a advanced course outside they will promote you accordingly with the awards, which is amazing.
Management set unrealistic goals & expectations. Rosters on phones make it impossible to keep up with work allocated for follow up time & I was placed on a back on track plan which was totally unachievable. They set me up to fail.
I enjoyed my time there, the conditions were great
the staff were wonderful and I learned a lot of new skills which will help me in the future. I received a lot of great training too
Pros
great money
Cons
Really need to be on your game have to keep to putting people on a payment plan
People are really friendly and are all willing to help with any problems
If you enjoy being treated like garbage this is the place for you, if you like to dump on vulnerable people join this organisation, if gossip and a terrible work environment is your thing you have come to the right place
Very supporting management ; Balanced work-life culture; Amazing and supportive colleagues ; Great location; Deep-dive on the latest trend in the cyber security domains was by weekly session, which was very interactive and informative; Some of the IT processes, particularly on infrastructure hosting platform and stakeholders engagement needed uplift.
Ironic that the department is called the Department of Human Services.

The services provided are faulty, the managers and leaders need thorough over, training and auditing regularly!

I hated working for the Department but loved working for the clients.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Australian Government Services Australia. Our community is ready to answer.