AUSTRALIAN HOME CARE SERVICES
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

AUSTRALIAN HOME CARE SERVICES Employee Reviews

Low pay and hard work
You would get asked to do a 1 hour shift that would take you half an hour to get to. On such a low hourly rate, I was probably loosing money because of fuel.
The only reason I did those shifts was because I knew nobody else would. It’s not the clients fault AHCS pay poorly.
Couldn't coordinate a bun fight in a bakery
Desperately in need of someone who cares about the cares and clients instead of just management and filling shifts with basically anyone of the street with a certificate
I feel embarrassed to be working for them
Ahcs are terrific to work with.
Unfirtunately there are not enough shifts to attend at the moment although this does change due to the gact that my clients are aged and if course this means they either pass away or go into full time nursing home situations. I have up to date first -aid certificate which is updated as required. I fond the support ahcs gives me is absolutely fabulous.
great team to work with
great team to work with, I'v been with this company for many years and I have grown so much and learnt so much. Always flexible and understanding with work life balance.
not my cup of tea for environment
Company culture is toxic. I felt most unwelcome and unsupportive. . Some staff were welcoming but the style of leadership was DIRECTIVE (Coercive) style which is not my working style of management team.
They had little support to new hires- no onboarding and too much office politics.. Work culture was less relaxed and more uptight compared to other organizations I had worked before. Not the most friendliest and open environment to work in.
Pros
meet some nice co-workers but they left also due to toxic culture.
Cons
- not a nice environemnt to work in.
a pleasant place to work
since working with my current employer i have achieved a number of skills and training ..i have also obtained certificate 3 in aged care & disability . i enjoy working with my co-worker as they a friendly and we are always there to support each other
the most enjoyable part of my job would have to be the satisfaction that you get from helping someone who is aged or has a disability and you get to see a smile on their face thats when you know that you have done your job to the best of your ability
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
noy much ground support
An enriching and rewarding experience
Having worked partime for Australian Home Care while studying, the work experience I gained has been very rewarding. I learnt that older people live as normal a life despite their disability and have a wealth of knowledge to share. The management has been very supportive and encouraging and my co-workers were always willing to give me a helping hand whenever required.

I enjoyed working independently and putting to use the necessary skills that I learnt effectively.
Pros
getting to know family and friends of the clients
Cons
limited hours of work
Ask a question about working or interviewing at AUSTRALIAN HOME CARE SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5