Australian Learning Group Employee Reviews

Rewarding workplace and strong teamwork
Trainer and Assessor (Current Employee) –  Sydney19 June 2019
Working with ALG and students from such a vast variety of cultures has been both a challenge and blessing.

Through different cultures brings different styles and ways of expressing dance which has has only strengthened my own teaching and creative skills. This gratitude is not just shared between students and trainers, but within the whole company who truly value the outcomes and experiences of all students, providing them the confidence and skills to integrate with the Australian dance communities.

Job training comes as a nurturing and ongoing process, with constant communication and check ins with senior staff. That has allowed me to grow with the company’s missions but also input into the course and establish my own individual role.
Pros
Free massage! Job growth and professional development really encouraged
A great workplace and college
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 June 2019
It has been three years since I have joined ALG family and have been enjoying my role since day one. The college has great course offerings with upgraded teaching venues and updated course offerings.

It has a very friendly work environment and great supportive work culture where you will have opportunities to advance in your your career.

It is part of a listed company where quality of work and service is embedded in the organisational values of commitment, collaboration and change.
Pros
Supportive culture, career opportunities, experienced team
Innovative and fun work environment
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 June 2019
ALG is a fantastic place to work for, the company offered opportunities for professional growth for many of us in the past years. The working culture at ALG is unique; innovative ideas and creativity is always embraced by the management. People are encouraged to think outside of the box, our team does not hesitate to implement pioneer solutions or launch unique educational programs. The group is intensively growing, that creates more and more potentials for individual career development. Team building and a positive working environment is strongly supported.
Wonderful environment to work in.
Trainer and Assessor (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 June 2019
Absolutely love this company.

Being able to work in a such collaborate environment which supports students to study courses they are truly passionate about is a privilege. In my time here I have had the pleasure of seeing the tremendous growth and develop of the company, courses and amazing students who are so very driven and go on to achieve.

As a teacher for many years, when I came to the company I was in need of a new challenge. ALG provided me an exciting new dynamic of training with vast options for growth and development.

Working with international students in itself is a fantastic environment to be in. The standard of education delivered is second to none and the diversity of the students ensures a vibrant and engaging teaching environment. Management strives to provide students with both the classroom learning and external opportunities to gain the skills needed to excel in their fields by graduation.

I am proud to be part of a team of like minded, talented and knowledgeable trainers who are deeply committed to helping our students excel and achieve in the pathways they choose.
Pros
Free massages, amazing students, a wonderful place to be part of a team.
Cons
Not a con, but note: Trainers need to be caring, adaptable and demonstrate initiative to excel in international education.
Not a great place
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Victoria14 June 2019
Only had about 2 hours of traing to be a teacher there. They were in desperate need of a teacher so i started immediately. Did not feel ready for the roll. Some students seemed unaware of what they had enrolled in. Tried to leave several times but they begged me to stay. Told me several time they would deliver booklets to the studio on the day of teaching and would not, leaving students in class with no reading material. Half of the class was there for the visa and not an education. Thry were very disinterested in the course. Hated every minute of it.
Pros
Short days
Cons
No training.
Official response from Australian Learning Group
17 June 2019

While we appreciate and encourage reviews, we are concerned this review may not be legitimate for a number of reasons. Given our very thorough enrolment processes, it is highly unlikely a student would not know what course they are enrolled in. The comment about students having enrolled for a visa also does not ring true, given we are an attendance-based school. If you could please contact our Human Resources Manager, Kelly Skiba on 02 9112 4500, we would be very grateful for the opportunity to understand the background of this review and to discuss the issues you have raised in more detail so that we can resolve.

Dynamic Organisation that's Going Places
Student Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW26 November 2018
I love my role at Australian Learning Group as what we do here really matters.

Every day is meaningful when you're company is educating the next generation of Community Services professionals, Early Childhood Teachers or expert Fitness professionals to name a few. What we do doesn't just impact our students but the communities they join after graduation. We have our Company Values to remind us of that with 'Our Commitment' reminding us that we have a commitment to quality education, our students and each other.

Australian Learning Group is a fast paced, growing and vibrant organisation where employees with a can do attitude really thrive. Our attrition is low and employees develop and progress.
Pros
Free massages, opportunity to study for free, InstaPay giving you flexibility on your salary, Discounted employee shopping portal, opportunities to progress.
Cons
Fast paced organisation is not always for everyone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Australian Learning Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3