Australian Learning Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Australian Learning Group Employee Reviews

Australia17 reviews
It is very stressful place as everyone working there try to avoid their work as much as they can. Student Service is flooded of work and highly recommend not to work here. Any other department do not work, watching youtube, listening music, but still complained about how other team should work etc. There's a one person do anything to get rid of staffs, or keep his favorite staffs. This is horrible environment.
Cons
Poor management and leadership.
Lack of communication from leadership team.

Zero training for staff and left to fend for themselves.

Overall management team made it very difficult- the position was enjoyable and students were wonderfuk
2 June 2020
Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear about your experience and would have loved the opportunity to address the issues you have raised while you were with us.

We pride ourselves on being a quality education provider, and as such we take this feedback very seriously. Although training has been provided for our new delivery mode and materials, acknowledge the changing situation with coronavirus did delay our communication. Please be aware that the changes we made were in the best interests of the students and their education.

We encourage you to contact Kelly Skiba (Group HR Manager) at 02 9112 4500 to discuss further. Thank you
The team at ALG is very eclectic, and as such you learn the best ways to interact with people who have different personalities and cultural backgrounds, which is extremely valuable.

The work is fast-paced and can get frantic, especially during busier periods, but a bit of time management and collaboration makes those times a lot more manageable.

The opportunities they've given me to grow my career over the years have been incredible and I've learnt a lot in my time here, and look forward to that continuing in the future. I would recommend ALG as a workplace of choice.
2 June 2020
Thank you for your 5 star review! We look forward to seeing how your career progresses with ALG
Too much of a workload to handle and process too soon. No much support on how to properly understand the fundamental protocols. Asking for help in-convenes other peoples priorities. Being social wasn't considered professional and by the end of my time there i realised i couldn't really rely on anybody to prolong my existence on their payroll.

For a learning institution, one thing that leaves me baffled is that they seem to overlook the basic principle 'You don't know....what you don't know'. Dealing with the fluctuation of the companies expenses without any proper training on how to process the data correctly left me rather overwhelmed.
26 May 2020

We pride ourselves on being a quality education provider, and as such we take this feedback very seriously. You'll be glad to know that we have recently brought in an additional role, with our new Director of Student Operations supporting the continued growth of the company, while also strengthening various procedures within the Student Services department, including continually improving training/induction.

The social aspect of our employees' lives is extremely important to us here as well. We regularly organise office events for staff birthdays and other occasions, as well as frequent student events, which our staff participate in (often voluntarily) and we always receive positive feedback in relation to this. It is a shame to hear your experience with this was not shared and we would love to address this matter further. We encourage you to contact Kelly Skiba (Group HR Manager) at 02 9112 4500. Thank you
ALG is a great RTO to train at. The materials are the most professional I have ever worked with. The students are happy and engaged and the Early childhood team are collaborative, professional and really enjoy training the students.
I have never worked with a more professional team, with great leadership.

Love it.
25 May 2020
Thanks for your positive review, it's wonderful to hear that you're enjoying the role and working within your great team!
Very busy and fast-paced work environment, my role requires me to interact with students most of the time. Policy changes can be challenging to cope with but the changes are necessary and doing good for long term. The best enjoyment is to work with the friendly colleagues and fun company culture!
25 May 2020
Thanks for your positive review, it's wonderful to hear that you're enjoying working here. We're continuously looking at new ways to make our working environment even better so we'll find a way to smooth out our policy changes whilst continually improving our offering
ALG is a great place to work and I highly recommend it. Most of the people in the company is welcoming and the culture is one of a kind, very inclusive and multicultural. It’s definitely an organisation where compliance is taken seriously with strong management as a whole. I am happy to be here!
9 March 2020
Thank you for your 5 star review, we're delighted that you're happy to be here!
Melbourne campus very poor management of the campus, the students, the trainers and the staff.
Management was unwilling to collaborate or co-operate with staff or to attend to the needs of the students. There was no foresight or planning everything was always done last minute or very late

Workplace culture was mainly gossip and bullying other staff
24 February 2020
Thank you for your review. We are dissappointed to hear that your expectations were not met during your time here, and would have loved the opportunity to address the issues you have raised while you were with us.

We strive to be a quality education provider and have recently brought in an additional, wonderful Student Advisor to support students and trainers, as well as prepare us for growth in our Melbourne Campus. Additionally, please note, we have a zero-tolerance policy for bullying in any campus, and have taken the comments in your review very seriously, noting that we have not received prior complaints in relation to this. We would like to address this matter, and encourage you to contact Kelly Skiba (Group HR Manager) on 02 9112 4500 to discuss further.
No training what’s so ever, literally just thrown in the deep end and because you make mistakes you’re then scolded from upper management.

All other areas are probably okay to work but please avoid working for the Student Services section, just a complete nightmare.
17 February 2020
Thank you for your review. We believe that the induction period is an important part of an employee’s journey when starting with a company and we do have both a company induction process as well as a departmental induction. We are constantly working on enhancing and improving our processes and we have taken your feedback very seriously.

We are currently in the process of restructuring the Student Services department and refining the roles, which should make it easier to get up to speed quicker with more focused training. Naturally, we are disappointed to hear about your experience, but we are making improvements, specifically to deal with your concerns. We would love to hear more about your experience and encourage you to contact our Group Human Resources Manager, Kelly Skiba on 02 9112 4500 to discuss anything that was not covered in your exit interview.
Very good company. good work environment and company culture.
I would recommend this company to a friend. Nice people and management. I had a great time working in ALG.
25 May 2020
Thank you for your positive review! it's great to hear that you're enjoying the role and work environment
It is refreshing to work at a company which celebrates diversity and innovation. ALG has supported my professional growth within the company and many others as well. The multicultural workplace is reflective of our international student base which spans over 60 different countries around the world. The company is growing at a fast rate and every day brings exciting new challenges to conquer. Every department has a strong sense of teamwork and dedication.
Pros
Free massages at student clinic
24 February 2020
Thank you for your 5-star feedback, we look forward to seeing you continue to grow and progress through the company for many years to come
Working with ALG and students from such a vast variety of cultures has been both a challenge and blessing.

Through different cultures brings different styles and ways of expressing dance which has has only strengthened my own teaching and creative skills. This gratitude is not just shared between students and trainers, but within the whole company who truly value the outcomes and experiences of all students, providing them the confidence and skills to integrate with the Australian dance communities.

Job training comes as a nurturing and ongoing process, with constant communication and check ins with senior staff. That has allowed me to grow with the company’s missions but also input into the course and establish my own individual role.
Pros
Free massage! Job growth and professional development really encouraged
24 February 2020
Thanks for your positive review, it's wonderful to hear that you're enjoying the role and well done for your work with the students. You should be very proud
It has been three years since I have joined ALG family and have been enjoying my role since day one. The college has great course offerings with upgraded teaching venues and updated course offerings.

It has a very friendly work environment and great supportive work culture where you will have opportunities to advance in your your career.

It is part of a listed company where quality of work and service is embedded in the organisational values of commitment, collaboration and change.
Pros
Supportive culture, career opportunities, experienced team
24 February 2020
Thank you for leaving us a positive review, we really appreciate it!
ALG is a fantastic place to work for, the company offered opportunities for professional growth for many of us in the past years. The working culture at ALG is unique; innovative ideas and creativity is always embraced by the management. People are encouraged to think outside of the box, our team does not hesitate to implement pioneer solutions or launch unique educational programs. The group is intensively growing, that creates more and more potentials for individual career development. Team building and a positive working environment is strongly supported.
24 February 2020
Thank you for the five-star review! It's great to read your feedback
Absolutely love this company.

Being able to work in a such collaborate environment which supports students to study courses they are truly passionate about is a privilege. In my time here I have had the pleasure of seeing the tremendous growth and develop of the company, courses and amazing students who are so very driven and go on to achieve.

As a teacher for many years, when I came to the company I was in need of a new challenge. ALG provided me an exciting new dynamic of training with vast options for growth and development.

Working with international students in itself is a fantastic environment to be in. The standard of education delivered is second to none and the diversity of the students ensures a vibrant and engaging teaching environment. Management strives to provide students with both the classroom learning and external opportunities to gain the skills needed to excel in their fields by graduation.

I am proud to be part of a team of like minded, talented and knowledgeable trainers who are deeply committed to helping our students excel and achieve in the pathways they choose.
Pros
Free massages, amazing students, a wonderful place to be part of a team.
Cons
Not a con, but note: Trainers need to be caring, adaptable and demonstrate initiative to excel in international education.
24 February 2020
Thank you for your review and for valuing our focus on quality education
Only had about 2 hours of traing to be a teacher there. They were in desperate need of a teacher so i started immediately. Did not feel ready for the roll. Some students seemed unaware of what they had enrolled in. Tried to leave several times but they begged me to stay. Told me several time they would deliver booklets to the studio on the day of teaching and would not, leaving students in class with no reading material. Half of the class was there for the visa and not an education. Thry were very disinterested in the course. Hated every minute of it.
Pros
Short days
Cons
No training.
17 June 2019
While we appreciate and encourage reviews, we are concerned this review may not be legitimate for a number of reasons. Given our very thorough enrolment processes, it is highly unlikely a student would not know what course they are enrolled in. The comment about students having enrolled for a visa also does not ring true, given we are an attendance-based school. If you could please contact our Human Resources Manager, Kelly Skiba on 02 9112 4500, we would be very grateful for the opportunity to understand the background of this review and to discuss the issues you have raised in more detail so that we can resolve.
I love my role at Australian Learning Group as what we do here really matters.

Every day is meaningful when you're company is educating the next generation of Community Services professionals, Early Childhood Teachers or expert Fitness professionals to name a few. What we do doesn't just impact our students but the communities they join after graduation. We have our Company Values to remind us of that with 'Our Commitment' reminding us that we have a commitment to quality education, our students and each other.

Australian Learning Group is a fast paced, growing and vibrant organisation where employees with a can do attitude really thrive. Our attrition is low and employees develop and progress.
Pros
Free massages, opportunity to study for free, InstaPay giving you flexibility on your salary, Discounted employee shopping portal, opportunities to progress.
Cons
Fast paced organisation is not always for everyone