Australian Museum
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Australian Museum Employee Reviews

Australia7 reviews
I was a part time worker, if I had been full time I may have never left. If not for the bullying from one of the managers, I loved working there. The staff were fantastic, the other sections of the museum were amazing.
Pros
Everything was a bonus
Cons
Part time
Never a dull moment whether you are helping kids in workshops, exploring the exhibits or lucky enough to visit the underground archives, you are in for a treat
a good quiet place to start a security work but not too much to do and learn there.management is nice but they dont enough bother your work. Hardest part of the job was to kill the time only.
Pros
no pressure
Cons
quiet place nothing much to do anythin
Working with people with similar interests is amazing. Understanding and learning new species that never before heard of or seen.
Pros
Access Behind the scene
Cons
Travel distance
It was a great opportunity to work for The Australian Museum. Every day brought something new with it. My co-workers were welcoming and supportive and it worked towards creating a great team of people. Opportunities to develop my skills were available and communication between teams was good.
Laid back mostly with interesting and challenging phases of work interspersed with quality time available to develop your skills.
My experience as a volunteer help desk officer here was enjoyable as I had a vast array of interesting jobs including working with research scientists. I was doing what I loved but I was also learning more about biological sciences and what research projects scientists were working on, It wasn't only general help desk work which is what I found invigorating.
Pros
Broad work experiences
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Australian Museum?