Australian Museum Employee Reviews

a good place for a beginner
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 July 2017
a good quiet place to start a security work but not too much to do and learn there.management is nice but they dont enough bother your work. Hardest part of the job was to kill the time only.
Pros
no pressure
Cons
quiet place nothing much to do anythin
Interesting experience
Volunteer/ Digitisation (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 September 2016
Working with people with similar interests is amazing. Understanding and learning new species that never before heard of or seen.
Pros
Access Behind the scene
Cons
Travel distance
Great People, Wonderful Institution. Something new every day.
Assistant Conservator (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW18 August 2016
It was a great opportunity to work for The Australian Museum. Every day brought something new with it. My co-workers were welcoming and supportive and it worked towards creating a great team of people. Opportunities to develop my skills were available and communication between teams was good.
Good place with a great work life balance
Management Accountant - Contract (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSW7 October 2015
Laid back mostly with interesting and challenging phases of work interspersed with quality time available to develop your skills.
Fun relaxed work culture
Volunteer Service Desk Officer (helpdesk) (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW23 February 2015
My experience as a volunteer help desk officer here was enjoyable as I had a vast array of interesting jobs including working with research scientists. I was doing what I loved but I was also learning more about biological sciences and what research projects scientists were working on, It wasn't only general help desk work which is what I found invigorating.
Pros
Broad work experiences