Australian Red Cross
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Australian Red Cross Employee Reviews

Australia143 reviews
Very good management and staff.
Good place to work and learn with very cooperative team.

Teamwork is the best thing that i learned there.

Several cultural activities and parties will be there.
Volunteering work at the charity shop is great as a way to kick start our career by being actively involved in the retail industry as well as getting to know people of different background
It had nice, friendly and professional work culture. Ample space to show our caliber and skills. Appreciated by managers and colleagues. Always been offered help by others when got stuck with problems. Their staff is jovial, well informed, always ready to greet and help new comers. There is no such feeling like competition amongst employees. We get instant feedbacks on every little error.
Pros
good ambience
Cons
far from home
Work doesn't feel like work when you are surrounded by the best people and that was what it was like everyday, working at Australian Redcross. The managers teach you everything as long as you are willing to learn and they are all great mentors. The job itself is fulfilling because you are helping people everyday.
Pros
People
Cons
In all the teams I worked in Brisbane and Melbourne, I found superiors and colleagues to be extremely supportive, goal oriented and highly encouraging.
The best part of my experience with Rec Cross is that not only did the managers deploy me into various aspects that I was already well versed with (HR, Information Security Audit, Quality Assurance, Documentation, Business Continuity, training), they also encouraged me to venture into unknown spheres (disaster response etc)
I enjoyed my time at Red Cross, making phone contact with clients first thing in the morning to complete a health & safety check could be interesting.
You can work from home and contact your clients and generate reports.
Every month you may need to attend seminars and help set up.

Training needs to conducted weekly to clients homes.
I worked at Redcross for near three years management was pathetic constantly changing minds on how we work teams leaders treated me like I was stupid and would check my notes every client I saw restrictions where placed upon me which rooms and clients I could see
A disgusting place of employment. I sued them at the industrial relations tribunal. I was treated with no dignity or respect. This poor treatment of staff reflected badly on the disabled people they were supposed to be caring for.
Working for them caused me an unmanageable amount of stress.

At a huge gathering the CEO was proud of the fact that when asked to work effectively by the Eastern stares his strategy was to do nothing until they gave up. They gave up which he thought was great. An ex soldier. Lol
Red Cross does not pay wages we all do volunteer work except the Boss. We received 20% of any items we buy in the op shop. We have a lot of clothes, jewellery, shoes and children's wares.
Pros
nothing
Cons
4hours to 5hrs and lunch
All the staff at the Australian Red Cross were very helpful and supportive, worked hard but always had time to help and assist. Very friendly happy and professional culture.
I love my volunteer job with Red Cross Australia. I really enjoyed. All the staff are very friendly. Less stress, going around with the client to know other friends.
If your looking for Volunteer work Red Cross is the way to go. Just having the name, and being a volunteer to Red Cross is a privilege and make you have a bit more respect for yourself. Being a Volunteer with Red Cross, is not about what you can get out of it for yourself as such, but what you can give, to those who are in less of a position, to helping themselves get back on their feet again
this was a volunteer position that I enjoyed doing, it was working at the hospital accommodation center I got to meet some wonderful people even though I only did one day a week
Great team experience. Professional development provided. Volunteers were supported by the team. Executive staff are supportive of volunteers. Only drawback is lack of funding.
Great induction, workplace and collaborative team with immense support from managers and co-workers on how things work. Safe working space and working policies.
As a volunteer with Red Cross I worked with a friendly team in a rather relaxing environment. Having a heart for helping people is important when working with such an organization and it gives you that satisfaction that you're able to help people in need
There is no give and take no matter how much the ground floor staff give...just take take take. Not a happy place to work with no appreciation of their staff.
Great training, support and fast paced environment. Wonderful team environment that support each other. Working with people that are healthy, well and just wanting to give back.
Pros
Great supportive team of ladies
Cons
Very small dated facility
Like most community-based organisations, people at Red Cross are committed to improving the lives of individuals and the community. Therefore, they work hard and with commitment to provide the best services for clients. They drive for reform, conduct regular evaluations and constantly improve program approaches. For this reason, it's a great place to learn about community development, programming and client outcomes.

Problems were an inability to confine services to the organisation's strategic direction, resulting in a huge array of services and accepting small grants that resulted in inadequate resourcing for service provision. Other issues include lack of staff consultation and minuscule resourcing for proper change management resulting in frustrations all round.
Sense of purpose with opportunities to build a network and positive work culture.

Flexible for my current situation

Helpful when requesting assistance
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Australian Red Cross. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2