Australian Red Cross
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Australian Red Cross Employee Reviews

Good place to work in, but need to be ready for the unexpected extension of your work times. And also a time when your shift time can be shorten in a short notification. There is a culture of voluntarism, sacrifices...etc the pay is average
Pros
Free snacks, group celebrations
Cons
Extended work time in a short notification
Enjoy speaking to my clients as well as Others within Red Cross. The contact is generally only conducted over the telephone, but it is still very fulllfilling, knowing you are doing something useful to support others.
Pros
Meet/speak with great people
Learned alot about the retail industry. Assigned visual merchandising tasks which is really fun. Overall, the team at Red Cross is fun and amazing to workwith.
Pros
Gain experience
Cons
No pay (understandable)
I used to work at a op shop but was unfortunately discriminated against by the manager and when asked for help nothing was really done so i had to leave, red cross took the word of the manager even though i had support worker with me but alwell im liking and supported at my new role at salvos stores
Cons
discriminated against, red cross dont protect there Volunteers
Great place to start your own understanding humanitarian approach to life.Red Cross values and fundamental principles are implemented in every day existence. As a Red Cross person I contribute in an honest, respectful and constructive way.Highly recommended place to work.
Pros
Team get toghter, lot's of fun.
Cons
Fast pace, time just flies.
It was nice working at red cross and I am still thinking of working at Red Cross. The working environment is friendly, productive and and a lot of fun. Like to help needy people.
Pros
Free xmas LUNCH
Great work experience, and wonderful people to meet. The management at least in the store I work at, should receive high appraisal if indicative of the overall Redcross cohort. You fill a variety of niches, and generally it can be said that no one day is really the same. Meeting new people and working on customer service are the true gems of this role, and it would no doubt advance one's prospects in pursuit of a future retail role. Standards are actually higher than certain branded stores i.e. Tarocash, Cotton on.
Pros
Free bites/drinks, Staff discount, Great experience, Great management
Cons
Repetitive (sometimes), Transport not reimbursed
Management was very poor. They would listen to concerns but do nothing about them. Workplace safety was also poor and dangerous situations were swept under the carpet. If assaulted the police were not to be involved and usually no repercussions for the residents. The other staff were really good to work with and the residents were good to look after.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Poor management
Very good management and staff. Good place to work and learn with very cooperative team. Teamwork is the best thing that i learned there. Several cultural activities and parties will be there.
Volunteering work at the charity shop is great as a way to kick start our career by being actively involved in the retail industry as well as getting to know people of different background
It had nice, friendly and professional work culture. Ample space to show our caliber and skills. Appreciated by managers and colleagues. Always been offered help by others when got stuck with problems. Their staff is jovial, well informed, always ready to greet and help new comers. There is no such feeling like competition amongst employees. We get instant feedbacks on every little error.
Pros
good ambience
Cons
far from home
Work doesn't feel like work when you are surrounded by the best people and that was what it was like everyday, working at Australian Redcross. The managers teach you everything as long as you are willing to learn and they are all great mentors. The job itself is fulfilling because you are helping people everyday.
Pros
People
Cons
In all the teams I worked in Brisbane and Melbourne, I found superiors and colleagues to be extremely supportive, goal oriented and highly encouraging. The best part of my experience with Rec Cross is that not only did the managers deploy me into various aspects that I was already well versed with (HR, Information Security Audit, Quality Assurance, Documentation, Business Continuity, training), they also encouraged me to venture into unknown spheres (disaster response etc)
I enjoyed my time at Red Cross, making phone contact with clients first thing in the morning to complete a health & safety check could be interesting.
You can work from home and contact your clients and generate reports. Every month you may need to attend seminars and help set up. Training needs to conducted weekly to clients homes.
I worked at Redcross for near three years management was pathetic constantly changing minds on how we work teams leaders treated me like I was stupid and would check my notes every client I saw restrictions where placed upon me which rooms and clients I could see
A disgusting place of employment. I sued them at the industrial relations tribunal. I was treated with no dignity or respect. This poor treatment of staff reflected badly on the disabled people they were supposed to be caring for. Working for them caused me an unmanageable amount of stress. At a huge gathering the CEO was proud of the fact that when asked to work effectively by the Eastern stares his strategy was to do nothing until they gave up. They gave up which he thought was great. An ex soldier. Lol
Red Cross does not pay wages we all do volunteer work except the Boss. We received 20% of any items we buy in the op shop. We have a lot of clothes, jewellery, shoes and children's wares.
Pros
nothing
Cons
4hours to 5hrs and lunch
All the staff at the Australian Red Cross were very helpful and supportive, worked hard but always had time to help and assist. Very friendly happy and professional culture.
I love my volunteer job with Red Cross Australia. I really enjoyed. All the staff are very friendly. Less stress, going around with the client to know other friends.
If your looking for Volunteer work Red Cross is the way to go. Just having the name, and being a volunteer to Red Cross is a privilege and make you have a bit more respect for yourself. Being a Volunteer with Red Cross, is not about what you can get out of it for yourself as such, but what you can give, to those who are in less of a position, to helping themselves get back on their feet again