Australian Red Cross Employee Reviews

Fantastic Company
employment consultant (Current Employee) –  Caboolture South QLD14 March 2018
Red Cross provides on the Job support for employees whilst we manage clients with complex needs to achieve their overall goals to gain employment and sustainable employment.
meeting different people frm different background and greeting customers
Sales Assistant - Retail Store (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD26 February 2018
the most enjoyable part of the job is enjoying what I was doing as a volunteer assisting customers and keeping an eye for detail around the store and keeping it clean..
have fun and finding money in donations
Sorter / Packer (warehouse) Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Miranda NSW23 February 2018
Report to warehouse manager, what need to be done. Learning the different the different between new and old donations and how to pack them, labelled and weight and shelves them for distribution.
Working withanother volunteers or somedays without supervision the darest part of the job is focus on what you are doing in the present tenth and counting each items goes into the boxes and labelled.

The most enjoyable part of the job finding money any currency that including Australian money and brand new or expensive items.
Pros
break, lunches
Cons
If no donations no work
An excellent organisation to work for
Shop Manager - Red Cross Bentley Retail Store (Former Employee) –  Bentley WA17 January 2018
one of the best organisations I have ever worked for. no day is the same as the other and thats what makes this place so interesting. its a multi cultural organisation for all walks of like
team work and rewarding job.
Logistic and Supply Chain volunteer (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 December 2017
sorting donations on 2 main categories which are Man's and woman's. also we do have sub categories. top winter and top summer. bottom winter and bottom summer.
Organise them on pallets ready to be delivered all around NSW
Volunteers are needed
Outbound Call Centre Operator (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Adelaide City Centre SA28 November 2017
No money but job satisfaction. This one makes me feel good about myself. Once a week, I spend a couple of hours in a call centre chatting to people who live alone, making sure they're okay. Enables them to continue to live independently in their own homes. Sometimes I'm the only person they speak to all day.
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
No pay
Case Worker
Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW21 November 2017
Provide complex casework support to refugees and asylum seekers.Working with people from diverse ethnic backgrounds who have been adversely affected by the migration process. Practicing in a trauma informed manner and employing strengths based and solution focused frameworks.
Once of the best companies I worked for
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 October 2017
Red Cross is a true multi cultural, equal opportunity employer. Its also one of the places where there male female ratio in tech sector is on parallel, if not little better on the female side. The work/life balance the company provides is fantastic. The managers are smart and cool cucumbers, and I heard the same from colleagues in other departments. I would definitely work again for Red Cross, if another opportunity arises.
Pros
Work/Life balance, work from home, NFP benefits, tax exemptions, Recognition, Professional Satisfaction
A place to be at
volunteering (Current Employee) –  Blackwood SA14 September 2017
It's a place where I meet different people with kind hearts, It's a place where I love to be at and the training and guidence is extra ordinary.
Red Cross Australia will always be a good start for my future here in Australia .
fun to work
Retail sales volunteers (Former Employee) –  Cleveland QLD7 August 2017
it was excellent experience and being volunteers very good for us.
learn about organize the product and customer services.

good companion and staff was working in a team.
Pros
snacks
Cons
8 hours a day 5 days a week
Productive and Flexible Work Place
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Ipswich QLD1 August 2017
I have had the privilege to work with families at risk of becoming homeless for a multitude of complex issues and have had the tenacity to think outside the square to support them through their journey to long term housing stability while working through the many barriers some face with sustaining their tenancies. I have also had the opportunity to collaborate with a rang other other service providers while supporting families with complex issues including support them to not only maintain their housing but keep their family together by not having their children enter into statutory care of Children Services.
Pros
Networking while being feed
Cons
Good work life balance
Wonderful people
Police Callouts Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA17 July 2017
The Red Cross are very flexible with their volunteers and the team are friendly are are willing to offer an ear to listen and a helping hand Wonderful community.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Logistics Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 July 2017
Really enjoyed the autonomy of this role and the scope to suggest improvements that improve efficiency. It was a real shame that this role was discontinued due to organisational restructuring
Pros
autonomy
Cons
Only a volunteer role
Very satisfying Job
EEN (Current Employee) –  Orange NSW8 June 2017
Working at the blood bank is very rewarding & gives great satisfaction knowing what u do each day is contributing to saving so many lives.
Hours are long & sometimes mentally draining but its nice to know that most people that come to see you in the blood bank actually want to be there & are hopefully healthy & well.
Pros
Great Job, good colleagues, amazing donors, rewarding.
Cons
Long Hours, Odd Hours, Late Nights, Overnights.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowen Hills QLD7 June 2017
Learned so much during this time. Certainly went outside my safety zone for this one. Hardest part of job was actually securing employment for people with a disability
Pros
Making a difference to the lives of people living with a disability
Cons
Stress, long hours
Fun, harmonious and productive workplace
Human Resources Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Milton QLD26 May 2017
I enjoyed my time working at the Australian Red Cross. I really loved the requirements and tasks associated within the roles I acquired within the organisation. Also I have come to highly respect and admire the people I was privileged to call my colleagues. I have even count a couple as friends.

The Australian Red Cross is truly dedicated to servicing the needs of the community whether through the Blood Bank, assisting communities devastated by natural disasters or providing employment services to the unemployed.
Pros
Challenging and rewarding work, friendly colleagues, close to public transport
Cons
All the previous employer I'd like to work the most is with AEC and Autism West Centre.
VOLUNTEER ADMINISTRATION AND TELECROSS (Former Employee) –  Western Australia25 May 2017
I have work the full time casual as Admins/polling assistant, scrutiny on ballot paper in computer at AEC federal election 2016 which is very much enjoyed, learned lots and also would l like to work with Autism West centre too, however, have learned basic on Admins Assistant and customer service in the front desk, although I think that everyone has a different idea. At Autism has a good workplace culture and from different backgrounds too.
Young and fun atmosphere with cool incentives
Door Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD24 May 2017
Group of young people like myself that would partake in door to door sales on behalf of the Red Cross Australia.
Very fun environment with nice incentives and cool things happening during the week after work eg. Crew nights and Friday night fun
Pros
Fun Environment/Atmosphere
Cons
Commission based
Fun People
First Aid facilitator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 May 2017
I enjoyed my time as a first aid facilitator at the Red Cross College. I worked with some great people and have met some great people in my training.
Rewards were receiving several call backs thanking me for the training and the people who had to use the training in real life circumstances.
Pros
People interaction
Cons
pay
Fantastic Organization to work with in all aspects except for career progress.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Andrews house. Sydney2 May 2017
The most multicultural, multidisciplinary, inclusive, progressive. social justice oriented, impartial, human rights focused, etc...etc Organization.

Meeting people from all over the world particularly young academic and intellectuals people for around the planet.The Red Cross looks after employees work and life balance, provides external clinical supervision. Their top leadership is approachable by any one, the hierarchic system is not arrogant, they reach out to you!

It was a privilege for me to work with this organization, I learned a lot and shared a lot of what I know too.

I would go back there for the right money and the right role!!!
Pros
Flexible employment. plenty of training.
Cons
Very narrow room for carreer development, progres and/or promotion.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Australian Red Cross. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3