Australian Red Cross
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Australian Red Cross Employee Reviews

Australia156 reviews

4.2Work–Life Balance

Slow-paced work place with great people

The managers and other volunteers were super great to work with. The job itself didn't include that much strenuous work and was mostly upkeep of the store, and replenishing shelves and racks. Overall a nice and easy place to volunteer.

Pros

Nice people, easy job, good retail experience

Cons

Can get monotonous on slow days

Mixed bag

My colleagues were great and friendly to work with, but I became steadily disenchanted with the management team. They appeared to be more concerned with cost containment rather than a client focus

Pros

Friendly team members

Cons

Management focused on cost containment

Great place

Gain a lot of experience. If you're looking for sale assistant experience, this is an awesome place to start. You can get to know a lot of people and make good friends.

Very supportive management and very friendly staff. I rely enjoyed my self working at red cross.

Out of my over 25 years working experience, I really had the best experience working at Redcross. Every thing was running very smoothly, with very supportive management and well coordinated departments like the IT, HR, and the remort staff.I would love to work for Redcross anytime an opportunity comes up.

Pros

Smooth running of work process and free training.

Global organisation with an excellent international reputation that the Wollongong office is working to live up to.

Potential for the ARC culture to grow at the Wollongong office. The office space is well located for easy access via public transport for settlement clients.Free parking for staff would be a welcomed added bonus.

Good environment to work in.

Good place to work in, but need to be ready for the unexpected extension of your work times. And also a time when your shift time can be shorten in a short notification. There is a culture of voluntarism, sacrifices...etc the pay is average

Pros

Free snacks, group celebrations

Cons

Extended work time in a short notification

I am a Volunteer

Enjoy speaking to my clients as well as Others within Red Cross. The contact is generally only conducted over the telephone, but it is still very fulllfilling, knowing you are doing something useful to support others.

Pros

Meet/speak with great people

Fun workplace. Best team.

Learned alot about the retail industry. Assigned visual merchandising tasks which is really fun. Overall, the team at Red Cross is fun and amazing to workwith.

Pros

Gain experience

Cons

No pay (understandable)

Not a good experince at the shop i worked

I used to work at a op shop but was unfortunately discriminated against by the manager and when asked for help nothing was really done so i had to leave, red cross took the word of the manager even though i had support worker with me but alwell im liking and supported at my new role at salvos stores

Cons

discriminated against, red cross dont protect there Volunteers

Great collaborative, team and clients focused

Great place to start your own understanding humanitarian approach to life.Red Cross values and fundamental principles are implemented in every day existence. As a Red Cross person I contribute in an honest, respectful and constructive way.Highly recommended place to work.

Pros

Team get toghter, lot's of fun.

Cons

Fast pace, time just flies.

Productive and family culture working place mlm

It was nice working at red cross and I am still thinking of working at Red Cross. The working environment is friendly, productive and and a lot of fun. Like to help needy people.

Pros

Free xmas LUNCH

Great work experience, with high standards

Great work experience, and wonderful people to meet. The management at least in the store I work at, should receive high appraisal if indicative of the overall Redcross cohort. You fill a variety of niches, and generally it can be said that no one day is really the same. Meeting new people and working on customer service are the true gems of this role, and it would no doubt advance one's prospects in pursuit of a future retail role. Standards are actually higher than certain branded stores i.e. Tarocash, Cotton on.

Pros

Free bites/drinks, Staff discount, Great experience, Great management

Cons

Repetitive (sometimes), Transport not reimbursed

Management was poor

Management was very poor. They would listen to concerns but do nothing about them. Workplace safety was also poor and dangerous situations were swept under the carpet. If assaulted the police were not to be involved and usually no repercussions for the residents. The other staff were really good to work with and the residents were good to look after.

Pros

Great co-workers

Cons

Poor management

Fun place to work along with play area

Very good management and staff. Good place to work and learn with very cooperative team. Teamwork is the best thing that i learned there. Several cultural activities and parties will be there.

Great place to volunteer and meet new people of different background

Volunteering work at the charity shop is great as a way to kick start our career by being actively involved in the retail industry as well as getting to know people of different background

professional work culture

It had nice, friendly and professional work culture. Ample space to show our caliber and skills. Appreciated by managers and colleagues. Always been offered help by others when got stuck with problems. Their staff is jovial, well informed, always ready to greet and help new comers. There is no such feeling like competition amongst employees. We get instant feedbacks on every little error.

Pros

good ambience

Cons

far from home

A fulfilling job, loved working there.

Work doesn't feel like work when you are surrounded by the best people and that was what it was like everyday, working at Australian Redcross. The managers teach you everything as long as you are willing to learn and they are all great mentors. The job itself is fulfilling because you are helping people everyday.

Pros

People

Cons

Encouraging, courteous and employee friendly

In all the teams I worked in Brisbane and Melbourne, I found superiors and colleagues to be extremely supportive, goal oriented and highly encouraging. The best part of my experience with Rec Cross is that not only did the managers deploy me into various aspects that I was already well versed with (HR, Information Security Audit, Quality Assurance, Documentation, Business Continuity, training), they also encouraged me to venture into unknown spheres (disaster response etc)

rewarding place to work

I enjoyed my time at Red Cross, making phone contact with clients first thing in the morning to complete a health & safety check could be interesting.

Slow paced workplace

You can work from home and contact your clients and generate reports. Every month you may need to attend seminars and help set up. Training needs to conducted weekly to clients homes.

Not Good.

I worked at Redcross for near three years management was pathetic constantly changing minds on how we work teams leaders treated me like I was stupid and would check my notes every client I saw restrictions where placed upon me which rooms and clients I could see

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Australian Red Cross. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Australian Red Cross
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?