Australian Red Cross Employee Reviews

poorly managed
Customer Service Office (CSO) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC20 March 2019
Great place to work with friendly staff. Could have been managed a lot better for the workers but overall a decent work culture. The people make it a great place to work
Great and friendly team
RETAIL SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW14 March 2019
fun workplace, result oriented, friendly management, easy access to public transport, caring and motivating team, flexibility, easy going, learning platform
Retail School
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC10 February 2019
This was a voluntary position I took up in order to gain valuable experience in the retail sector. Happy to report I learnt lots. Collegues are amazing and I'm helping the community too.
Excellent work culture
Case worker (Former Employee) –  New South Wales24 January 2019
Perfect place to work with lots of humour, laugh and celebrations.
highly focussed on quality of work rather on quantity.
Excellent support from managers, and plenty of opportunities for career growth. Perfect work-life balance. One of my favourite place to work.
Pros
Cons
No great pay scales
Red Cross is a good place to work because of the people
Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW9 January 2019
Red Cross staff work together to meet a common objective. The work in the Migrant Support Program where my experience lies is fulfilling because you are working with arguably the most vulnerable people in Sydney and the surrounds.The most enjoyable part of the work is contact with clients which is also the hardest part when they are denied a Protection Visa and have to face possible return to the country from which they have fled.
Pros
Friendship and mutual support
Cons
Some difficult clients
I worked as a volunteer
Volunteer Housing support officer (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA 500014 December 2018
I worked as a volunteer with Australian red cross when I newly came to Australia and I had a good time helping new refugees that moved to Australia around 2011-2012. I will never forget people that I worked with and people that I was able to help.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
N/a
Fun and productive
part time cleaner (Former Employee) –  Alexandria NSW9 December 2018
Best place to work for, feeling good to work for Australian Red Cross Blood Services, build up your sense of humanity. I don’t know what my cotributions are but I guess I keep the office clean every day :)
Pros
Supportive and accommodative people
Cons
No overtime lol
Terrible experience
Internal Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  North Melbourne VIC6 December 2018
If your looking for a simple desk job where you clock in and clock out with no other features of a rewarding career - this is the environment for you.

Poor salary

No training and further development and no opportunity for learning and growth.

No networking opportunities no chance to meet other people in company confined to small cubicle.

A lot of unethical behaviour in the company short paying employees and starting staff with no employment contracts.

I worked with the legal team to correct pay discrepancies and the legal team advised us to not tell these employees unless employees asked.

The senior leaders tend to do whatever they want and everyone is expected to go along with it.

Dull boring place to work
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Dull boring place to work
Okay
Logistics Officer -Emergency Services (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC25 November 2018
PEOPLE good to work with.

My job bit boring at times

Learnt about Emergency management

Learnt about RED CROSS VALUES

Good in house learning opportunities and courses
Pros
morning teas
Cons
boredom
I don;t know why i have to do this
Housing Resident Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalgoorlie WA7 November 2018
Manager was nasty and unkind to all staff I find this area in your services relevant Indeed Advertising you should remove this as people Don’t like to tell the reason they have left previous employers
Pros
great money
Cons
Manager threatign me to work more hours
interesting
Bi-cultural events project officer (Current Employee) –  Mowbray TAS2 November 2018
Its been only a couple of months I started this job. I love it. Meeting new people from different countries with different culture, language and etc made this job so interesting to me.
Enjoyed staff and clients
Casual Assessment & Referral Worker (Former Employee) –  Townsville City QLD29 October 2018
I enjoyed my time with Red cross I achieved a great deal assisting clients into accommodation and keeping clients in accommodation I gained experience
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Unsafe at times
Red Cross Head Office
Storeperson (Former Employee) –  Perth WA28 October 2018
The people at Red Cross are the nicest people I have ever met. I t was the first time I had done volunteer work and the staff there were really supportive.
Pros
The people I met there
Cons
Leaving Perth to move to Adelaide
Rewarding when you see positive outcomes
Social Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Southport QLD23 October 2018
Worked with the Social Support Team, in providing programs for the elderly and connect them with other people. This included volunteers visiting the elderly to provide support and building friendships. This was a amazing opportunity to learn and grow in developing new skills. Also had the opportunity to find first hand that our society, especially with the elderly are vulnerable and very excluded. However, there is not enough funding to provide programs to help the elderly. The job itself was great and enjoyable in helping those who are in need of assist and connecting these people into the community,
Pros
Amazingly dedicated staff. Good work flexibility options.
Cons
Limited Funding for development
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 August 2018
It was a good place to work where i met new people and learnt new things everyday whilst i was completing all my daily tasks to the best of my ability.
Pros
having fun
Cons
not enough work days
Great people on the ground Poor Leadership and Management
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queensland25 July 2018
Staff and volunteers do an extraordinary job helping the vulnerable in the community. The work with refugees is so helpful to them. Management though do not practice the humanitarian principles with very poor leaders in key positions. The culture higher up is pretty toxic and most staff will attest to this.
Pros
Great people on the ground doing great things
Cons
Toxic leadership culture
Family atmosphere
Shop Volunteer (Current Employee) –  South Melbourne VIC3 July 2018
Volunteering with sweet friends. Gained experience in retail , customer service, dealing with cash register, stocking, pricing. Management is awesome. Feels like a family always making fun and enjoying with colleagues.
Pros
free lunches, always fun
Cons
should be able to stand on feet for long hours
Easy-going, friendly workplace
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Cairns City QLD25 June 2018
Australian Red Cross had excellent management, despite there only being one full-time manager that took on many responsibilities. I highly admired that woman.
Pros
Friendly team members and volunteers
friendly and professional atmosphere
Finance Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 June 2018
I loved working with team there very motivational spirit .
I gained a huge experience during the time I was working there.
Team member and team supervisor were working together to complete each other during the cyclone debbie .
Good Opportunity and Fun work place
Retail Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland QLD10 June 2018
Working volunteer in Australian Red Cross is a very nice experienced for me and I've learned a lot from a retail industry. People are so very nice, approachable and respectful. The most enjoyable part of the job is sorting clothes for display and the hardest part of the job is steaming the clothes but it's all good and I love doing it because your hard works makes people smile. I really love working in Red Cross because it's a very nice feeling that you can help the Australian Community.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Australian Red Cross. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3