Australian Securities and Investments Commission
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Australian Securities and Investments Commission Employee Reviews

Australia15 reviews
My time at ASIC was interesting and a learning experience as it was a transfer of skills from Accounts services and Customer Services that I had done previously to doing Compliance checking and processing of payments and communicating with clients by phone or written communication.
My comparison of ASIC was they were a step up in IT atmosphere in regard to duties done to what I had been familiar with in any other environment.
Pros
Good Team working atmosphere and team working situations
Cons
Contract work and not knowing when contract may end
There are a lot of support towards Job Work/Life Balance and Job Security.

Management is very understanding of life outside of work and supports family responsibilities.
ASIC is Australia's integrated corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator.

We are an independent Commonwealth Government body. We are set up under and administer the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001 (ASIC Act), and we carry out most of our work under the Corporations Act 2001 (Corporations Act).

The ASIC Act requires us to:

maintain, facilitate and improve the performance of the financial system and entities in it

promote confident and informed participation by investors and consumers in the financial system

administer the law effectively and with minimal procedural requirements

enforce and give effect to the law

receive, process and store, efficiently and quickly, information that is given to us

make information about companies and other bodies available to the public as soon as practicable

take whatever action we can, and which is necessary, to enforce and give effect to the law.
A great team to work with however Management were not supportive. Typical Federal Government mentality which resulted in a toxic job culture and staff struggling to remain positive.
Working here was the best! People are very diverse, friendly and respectful. Management was very fair towards employees. Provided great opportunity for advancement.
ASIC was amazing place to work, being an EA to such an important person was such an honor and I gained so much experience during my time as EA.
The workplace was amazing and we all worked like clockwork together.

At times it was very stressful and very busy, but it was a challenge that I enjoyed,
Pros
Great workplace, great to gain new skills, very interesting work
Cons
nil
A relaxed public sector environment with strategic goals to ensure the market is as transparent as possible. Great work/life balance, friendly staff, great salary and a job culture suitable for all.
Great culture, work like balance. Great people, great managers, open door policy, industry leader, social club, great benefits, national exposure, technologically savvy.
If you work outside of Sydney forget about ever being able to advance in your career in ANY of ASIC's work areas. The organisation's focus on customer service has sadly been lost in recent years.
In the beginning, a lot of opportunities for learning and development. This became less so over time. Trend was to do more with less staff. Management style tended to be more command and control rather than empowering individuals. Overall, I very much enjoyed my job at ASIC.
good workplace, very good government organisation. the employer does offer training for progression of skills and knowledge about the job. always looking to improve your skills
Pros
improving skills
Cons
Great working conditions, supportive environment, great experience. Location was central and salary was good. No complaints about staff or anything else.
A typical day can never be written down as no two days are alike. Every day I faced new challenges that had to be met while existing work still needed to be completed.

Time challenges where often one of our biggest issues but no matter what we faced during the day, when I walked out at the end of each day I knew I had made a difference to the business and achieved positive results. The process may have been varied to get there but we did in the end make those deadlines.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Tight deadlines
Managed Investments compliance
FSR compliance

Monitoring and reporting
Pros
People
Cons
Open plan office co-workers were generally great.

No flexibility for this particular position as desk sharing didn't allow starting time changes to fit in with school hours.

Very enjoyable.
Pros
Excellent Superannuation
Cons
Hot Desk 5 hour shift.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Australian Securities and Investments Commission. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3