At the ATO, you’ll do work you can’t do anywhere else. Work that is meaningful and delivers real benefits for all Australians. Hear from our people about how a career with the ATO can take you somewhere unexpected.
At the ATO, you’ll do work you can’t do anywhere else. Work that is meaningful, diverse and challenging.
Work that makes a real difference to the lives of Australians and contributes to their economic and social wellbeing.
Work that might take you somewhere unexpected, such as:
• Deliver a client experience that defies expectations.
• Design solutions that turn problems upside down. Build cutting-edge systems that engage, and make it easier to do the right thing than it is to do the wrong.
• Shape the way legislation is interpreted and applied, and influence new policy.
• Test yourself against the best minds in your field, not just here but on a global stage.
• Become a leader and drive innovation across everything we do.
At the ATO, our people have vision.
They’re building a leading tax and superannuation administration known for contemporary service, expertise and integrity.
They are committed, innovative and their achievements are celebrated.
They're empowered collaborating across boundaries and engaging with our clients and partners to deliver real outcomes.
We offer the opportunity to work – for a competitive salary – as part of an award-winning and highly professional organisation.
Our contemporary workspaces provide the tools and technology you need to deliver your best work.
Our continuous investment in your professional growth and development ensures you’ll never stop learning.
• flexibility to provide the best work/life balance for you
• generous leave (with the ability to purchase more)
• 15.4% superannuation
• a national presence
• an opportunity-rich environment where you can take charge of your career and go somewhere unexpected.
To apply for a job, you need to register with our online recruitment system, which allows you to search for jobs, set up job alerts and submit your application.
The Australian Taxation Office is the Government's principal revenue collection agency, and is part of the Treasurer's portfolio. Its role is to manage and shape tax, excise and superannuation systems that fund services for Australians.