Australian Taxation Office Employee Reviews in Albury NSW

Encouraging workspace
APS 1 Service Delivery Officer (Former Employee) –  Albury NSW15 August 2019
The people here are all about helping you succeed in what you do. If you ever need help the team leaders and supervisors will do their best to assist. Very supportive with everything including personal situations that may impact your ability to perform up to standard.
professional
Debt collection Officer (Former Employee) –  Albury NSW19 April 2017
Hardest part of the job is doing only routine work daily like a machine. No job security.
Otherwise good pay and good environment to work with.
Very professional.
Good managers.
Great workplace and very flexible
DATE ENTRY CLERK, APS1 (Current Employee) –  Albury NSW16 January 2017
Great workplace and very flexible if you have a family.

Lots of training and support is offered.

Work colleagues are great and so is management.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
This is clearly stated below.
Varied administrative (Current Employee) –  Albury NSW11 June 2016
Fast paced and accuracy with varied job roles and skills.Adult environment with guidence. Friendly co-workers, social functions.

Satisfaction of completing work loads in peak periods.

Learning new work types. Working morning, afternoon and evening shifts.
Pros
Whole job
Cons
Not permanent
Great environment to work in
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Albury NSW28 February 2016
I loved working at the ATO, my tyoical day consisted of a sitting at a desk and doing data entry and a work meeting of a morning, i learned to use several different programs, how to use a computer more, management was good very understanding of any issues that arise that cant be provented, my co-workers were all great they were always there to help when i or anyone else needed it, the hardest part of the job was sitting for two and a half hours straight, was helping all of australia to the best i could
Pros
learning new skills each day
Cons
sitting for a long period
Data Entry & Filing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Albury NSW12 August 2015
The ATO is a great place to work but you need to reapply each year to keep your job, that is the only downfall. There are 3 shifts, morning, afternoon and evening. You will work on your own and with a team.
Committed to at all times behave in a way that upholds the APS values and the integrity and good reputation of the APS.
Operations Officer Level 1 (Current Employee) –  Albury10 January 2014
Our outcome

Our outcome is to achieve confidence in the administration of aspects of Australia's taxation and superannuation systems through helping people understand their rights and obligations, improving ease of compliance and access to benefits, and managing non-compliance with the law.

Key Management Committees and Consultation

Our senior management committees are key elements of our governance and assurance. They include the ATO Executive Committee, Audit Committee and the People Committee (largely comprised of external private and public sector experts).

We have a number of high-level committees that provide leadership and executive management of our performance.

Integrity

Our integrity framework sets out the behaviours, values and ethics that underpin the policy, processes and procedures for our work. The framework, complemented by our governance and planning processes, makes our integrity visible and measurable and assists us to deliver on our commitment of being an open and accountable organisation.

Compliance model

We use a compliance model as a structured way of understanding and improving taxpayer compliance. It helps us to understand the factors that influence taxpayer behaviour and to apply the most appropriate compliance strategy.
Information management

Our information management strategic framework provides the direction for managing our information effectively now and into the future.
Pros
Tremendous potential for growth of multi-skill sets and variety for work life/balance options
Cons
Non to report
Positive outcomes and job satisfaction with security and a work life balance.
APS4 COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Albury, NSW14 November 2013
A typical day at work has me prioritising the work and ensuring we have the resources to complete the work to meet business outcomes and times frames.

I have learned to be pro-active adaptable to change and diversity and to never give up and also to be approachable and have empathy in other co-workers, staff and management.

I have the ability to be on all levels of communication with co-workers and management and have an understanding of what management require, and liase with other stake holders to deliver positive outcomes and establishing great rapport.

My natural ability to communicate on all levels with my co-workers has been noted as coordinator of the casual work force within the ATO. With my empathy and ability to relate on various levels and diversity to establish positive work relations.

The hardest part of my job is advising the casual work force of reductions or of no shifts or no extensions on their contracts due to work loads and budget requirements. Although the term "casual" is what it means a vast majority of the casuals have been employed long term and the reality of no further employment can have devastating reactions to some.

I have enjoyed working with a vast group of people, different cultures and meeting new friends both within the work force and outside. The APS has given me opportunities to rotate and expand my knowledge and be adaptable to change in a never ending challenging work place. I have embraced many opportunities and have taken on roles such as Fire Warden, Stores Officer, Social Club Coordinator and Occupational Health & Safety
  more... Officer.  less
Pros
Flex Credits
Cons
Unexpected delays to overcome.
The ATO is extremely productive, provides a sense of team spirit, an excellent learning enviroment and good working conditions.
APS1 Client Account Services (Current Employee) –  Albury1 March 2013
The ATO provides an extremely busy, team oriented work environment which allows you to work through your daily tasks without noticing the time of day has gone by. My co-workers are friendly, helpful and enjoyable to work with. My supervisors are also friendly and always ensure that assistance is provided when needed. The supervisors make every effort to ensure the staff are trained correctly and follow procedures. The ATO also provides opportunities for cross-training and provide excellent in-house training sessions. This allows us to be able to work in other divisions during their peak times while still undertaking the duties of our own division. There really is no 'typical' day as things can quite often change during a shift. Overall, the ATO provides good training and opportunities, a variety of work types, good supervisors and a very busy workload. I think the variety keeps me motivated and continually push myself to improve in all areas.
Pros
flexible working hours. variety of work. excellent training.
Cons
the off-peak work times when there is minimal work