Australian Taxation Office Employee Reviews in Parramatta NSW

Great salary package and great training provided
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE, PARRAMATTA (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW23 January 2019
The taxation office overall was a great opportunity that could have lasted a lifetime it was unfortunate that a lot of us had lost our jobs.
I have gained a few strengths and generally have learnt a great deal with my experience working at the taxation office.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no cons
Strong, supportive team environment
Operations Officer (Current Employee) –  Parramatta NSW22 November 2018
My role is in the Commonwealth Public Service-it involves servicing requests from individuals, companies, trusts and other entities, tax agents and legal representatives.
It involves frequent training updates and foundation knowledge of the Australian taxation system and digital online services.
It has also involved a large amount of telephony work servicing customers' tax needs; informing and educating customers.
convenient
Law Interpretation Officer (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW8 July 2017
I recommend it to others job seakers. However, i found this job site is not user friendly. We need more convenient and effective jobsite to get job quickly.
jobs for family and friends
Client Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW16 March 2017
middle management are useless, incompetent and asleep half the time. very easy to get stuck and go no where here. advancement not based on merit as in how well you do your current role but based on a couple of interview questions which is why people who are completely useless at their jobs but can perform in an interview will get the job instead of the right people.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
bad managment and lazy bored culture
Fantastic Team
Inbound Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW6 May 2016
I love working there because my team has been so supportive of me during the short contract last year. I only worked for 3 months but I have learned so much specially the execution of strict compliance before giving out any information to the customer.
Pros
Close to work from home
Cons
Short contract employment
Unknown factors
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Parramatta, NSW11 October 2015
The ATO provided a great opportunity for me to learn about the TAX system.

However some of the Managers need to realise that people are people and not machines.

I loved working there due to circumstances outside my control I was made redundant.
Pros
Great work most of the time
Cons
Very demanding attitudes from management.
Very Good Employer
A typical day at work was to action cases following office procedures. Very good employer. Job was secure with a very good working environment. Co-workers were good.
Productive Team work enviornment
Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW19 July 2015
Chasing up employers who have not paid their employees' superannuation to the Superfund. Learned time management and oral and written communication. Co-workers are friendly and respect each other. Meeting the expected target of the employer is sometimes hard. Job is always challenging.
Helpful with fun activities.
Debt Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  Parramatta , NSW25 May 2015
Every day was different day, from answering inbound phone calls to in action inbound correspondence with occasionally making an outbound phone call in regards to customers query.
I learned how to professionally communicate with customers. It taught me how to manage me my time in more organised way with which I could just read my daily note and know exactly what had to be done throughout day so nothing gets left behind.
I enjoyed working in a team environment as it taught me how to improve myself as person from day to day bases.
I didn't find anything hard about my job as the facilities and training for the job was so well managed and explained across to us.

Just really helping the customers and trying my to best to give the best advice to customers and seeing them leave happily. It made me feel as to we are actually making a chance and this to me was the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Team Lunches
Cons
Traveling
Good Work Environment
PERSONAL AND BUSINESS TAX ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Parramatta, AUS28 February 2015
Advocating revenue collection through legislation for taxes, superannuation, aggressive tax planning, globalization and the cash economy. Providing advice to small businesses about their legal and financial obligations. Negotiate with customers to attain win-win outcomes for both parties.
productive and interesting
clerical assistant (Former Employee) –  parramatta nsw21 December 2012
enjoyed the variety of work involved
got along very well with co-workers
Pros
flexible hours