Australian Taxation Office Employee Reviews for Customer Relations Representative

3.9Pay & Benefits
3.4Job Security & Advancement
LIfe at the ATO
Debt Customer Officer (Former Employee) –  Adelaide, SA14 June 2015
A typical day was talking to clients regarding outstanding debt, this was down by an automatic system which meant that I could get incoming calls or make an outgoing call to a client.

I learnt to be friendly, understanding but assertive when helping clients to work out an appropriate outcome for the case.

I followed the procedures and policy of the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) as much as I could and would work with the goals and timeframes set by management.

I worked well on my own but helped co-workers when necessary.

The hardest part of my job was having to sometimes advise a client that the proposal or evidence provided was not suitable and that we were unable to find a solution that was suitable for both parties and that the debt would have to move forward to the next level.

The most enjoyable part of the job was letting clients know the options available and to work with them to find away to pay their debts off in a reasonable time frame.
Pros
Flex hours allowing for planned days off
Cons
The focus on following procedures to the letter instead of allowing initative