Australian Taxation Office Employee Reviews for Debt Collector

Excellent Working enviroment
Debt Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD13 July 2017
The working conditions are excellent and the pay for the ASP1 - APS 6 is exceptional compared to the private sector.

The ATO encourages constant self development for its staff to succeed, and offer certificate III & IV courses as well and management programs.

There is alo the option to transfer to other ATO sites in Australia

The only down side - do not get caught up in office politics.
Pros
Pay rate working conditions
Cons
Nepotism
professional
Debt collection Officer (Former Employee) –  Albury NSW19 April 2017
Hardest part of the job is doing only routine work daily like a machine. No job security.
Otherwise good pay and good environment to work with.
Very professional.
Good managers.
good company, good wage, good procedures.
debt collection officer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA7 September 2016
I enjoyed working at the ATO, because they were incredibly organised, they had clear procedures and polices on how to do certain tasks. They also have a pool table in the lunch room downstairs which is fun, and it was enjoyable working in Northbridge as there was a number of choices for buying your lunch.
Pros
good wage, good management, good location.
Cons
very competitive in gaining another role
I have enjoyed working with ATO
Debt Collections officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 April 2016
I likes working with ATO because they have challenged me everyday and I really enjoyed that. I have learned to work in various areas with ATO. I like challenge.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
contract only employment
Helpful with fun activities.
Debt Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  Parramatta , NSW25 May 2015
Every day was different day, from answering inbound phone calls to in action inbound correspondence with occasionally making an outbound phone call in regards to customers query.
I learned how to professionally communicate with customers. It taught me how to manage me my time in more organised way with which I could just read my daily note and know exactly what had to be done throughout day so nothing gets left behind.
I enjoyed working in a team environment as it taught me how to improve myself as person from day to day bases.
I didn't find anything hard about my job as the facilities and training for the job was so well managed and explained across to us.

Just really helping the customers and trying my to best to give the best advice to customers and seeing them leave happily. It made me feel as to we are actually making a chance and this to me was the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Team Lunches
Cons
Traveling
Tax
APS3 / Debt Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC11 December 2013
Co-workers were great. No day was exactly the same. Safety conscious environment.
productive, enjoyable and relaxing to work
debt collector (Former Employee) –  box hill south7 January 2013
worked part time as a debt collector for the tax office. the hours were reasonable.the expectations were good.training was excellent.
co-workers were friendly and helpful. the most hardest part of the job when a client promised to pay the debt as agreed and fails to keep it up.
Pros
recreation such as table tennis
Cons
targets to be met