Australian Taxation Office

Australian Taxation Office Employee Reviews for Operations Officer

Strong, supportive team environment
Operations Officer (Current Employee) –  Parramatta NSW22 November 2018
My role is in the Commonwealth Public Service-it involves servicing requests from individuals, companies, trusts and other entities, tax agents and legal representatives.
It involves frequent training updates and foundation knowledge of the Australian taxation system and digital online services.
It has also involved a large amount of telephony work servicing customers' tax needs; informing and educating customers.
Great Place to work!
Operations and Solutions Officer (Former Employee) –  Moonee Ponds VIC18 March 2018
Would definitely love to come back to the ATO, once there is position's available. It is unfortunate that there is hiring freeze at the moment.

Want a secure job, this is the place to be.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No permanent positions
Strict but fun place to work, great co-workers
Operations Officer APS1 (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC27 September 2015
Working in a small team, supportive coach and team leader makes every day a good day. Colleagues are a diverse and fun team to work with. Everybody helps each other and we have regular social events. There are strict standards to meet but that is expected in this type of job.
ATO, APS1 Operations Officer
ATO Penrith as a APS1 Operations Officer (Former Employee) –  Penrith, ENG16 April 2014
Great job, but it was only a contract. So it only lasts as long as the work is there. I would've loved it to be a permanent parttime jobs. Shifts were 4-5hours, regular breaks. Data entry target driven environment, didn't take long to get used to the programs they use and really get my keying speed up. Co workers and management were excellent.
Committed to at all times behave in a way that upholds the APS values and the integrity and good reputation of the APS.
Operations Officer Level 1 (Current Employee) –  Albury10 January 2014
Our outcome

Our outcome is to achieve confidence in the administration of aspects of Australia's taxation and superannuation systems through helping people understand their rights and obligations, improving ease of compliance and access to benefits, and managing non-compliance with the law.

Key Management Committees and Consultation

Our senior management committees are key elements of our governance and assurance. They include the ATO Executive Committee, Audit Committee and the People Committee (largely comprised of external private and public sector experts).

We have a number of high-level committees that provide leadership and executive management of our performance.

Integrity

Our integrity framework sets out the behaviours, values and ethics that underpin the policy, processes and procedures for our work. The framework, complemented by our governance and planning processes, makes our integrity visible and measurable and assists us to deliver on our commitment of being an open and accountable organisation.

Compliance model

We use a compliance model as a structured way of understanding and improving taxpayer compliance. It helps us to understand the factors that influence taxpayer behaviour and to apply the most appropriate compliance strategy.
Information management

Our information management strategic framework provides the direction for managing our information effectively now and into the future.
Pros
Tremendous potential for growth of multi-skill sets and variety for work life/balance options
Cons
Non to report