Australian Taxation Office Employee Review

View all Australian Taxation Office reviews

I have enjoyed working with ATO
Debt Collections officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 April 2016
I likes working with ATO because they have challenged me everyday and I really enjoyed that. I have learned to work in various areas with ATO. I like challenge.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
contract only employment

Other Australian Taxation Office Employee Reviews

Overall protective work place but needs to focus more on system updates
Debt Recovery Officer (Former Employee) –  Docklands VIC8 November 2019
Australian tax office needs to change the way they deliver product knowledge (About tax laws and their internal work management system) to their employees.
It was challenging for me when i have first started and there was not much help around gain knowledge about their internal software systems and advance tax laws. We always have to refer in to online documentations.
I believe this is some where they can improve and eventually it will increase productivity.
Productive but a degree of patience is required when requiring assistance from supervisors
AP5 (Former Employee) –  Debt27 October 2019
Training on the use of Manuals leaves a lot to be desired and the manuals and procedures constantly changing, spent a lot of time reading and noting changes to debt protocols.
Computer operated off several different types of software so it was like playing snakes and ladders.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Australian Taxation Office. Our community is ready to answer.