Australian Turf Club
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Australian Turf Club Employee Reviews

Australia28 reviews
I like the environment work place there and they have one of the best management team, i love the culture and diversity, they are happy people who is working there so you will feel enjoyable and helpful
The most enjoyable part for me of working at the ATC has always been the amazing people. The teamwork and pride in their work is award winning and second to none.
I love working there I’m responsible for the cockatoos we can serve 700 people plus I’m responsible for the production and service of those people I also work at work from Racecourse which I’m responsible for running the kitchen running the retail outlets and supplying the food which I love
Pros
The end of the day you get a job satisfaction that I’m believable
Cons
You don’t work hard gonna get Work
Enjoy working here
A variety of different departments

A rostered system that enables you to pick and choose.

Management are very understanding and patient
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Short shifts
It's a good place to work. Would recommend to a friend. Very easy to get weekend shifts during racing season. Given the COVID-19 situation there are currently no shifts. Meals are included.
Stress free and customer focused
Easy and good managers

Good environment

They usually shifted us in different places and so it was interesting to learn new things
Pros
Cons
Less shifts
Very much productive to work in a place like Australian Turf Club. Very competitive and fast paced. The salary figure is excellent but most of them are casual based. Team members are very talented and experienced and helped each other in every way.
greeted by staff and management on arrival, service to customers throughout the day, friendly work environment. friendly work culture always meeting new people and also get to interact with customers and gain skills with a good customer service base. days will vary with busy periods and there is always something to do from restocking the fridge to cleaning up the area your working in.
Pros
free lunch and great staff
Cons
drunk customers
Arrive at work and setup TV monitors for display of days racing.
Ensuring that all computers are working and ready for the days workload.

Processing accounts into a Excel sheet from previous day.
Pros
Lunch is sitting at my workstation no break taken
Cons
Christmas party at the end of year and morning tea celebrations for staff birthdays
I originally started working for the ATC, to earn extra money to go on an overseas holiday with a couple of girlfriends.
Even after the money was saved, I continued working Saturdays, as it never really feels like I'm working.

Its a very social environment, surrounded with people from every walk of life.

The team you work with on every shift, are always a pleasure to spend the day with.

The ATC looks after every individual, and has a very good safety and quality culture.

Their annual membership relies on the highest level of Customer Satisfaction, and it's always a pleasure to be able to contribute to an award winning service level.
Well organised oragnisation who was very professional .Treated their staff exceptionally well. One of the best hospitality organisations in Australia. Excellent well structured company.
Pros
Profesional oraganisation
Cons
I had travel a long distance to work.
Good place to work with a great team. Everyone is willing to help and explain what is needed. The events days are busy and busy, but that's good to help with teamwork.
Pros
Paid break with lunch included.
GREAT team environment and diversity of work/ experience/ people.
Not best introduction day, not shown around and introduced to others. Difficulty with familiarising as such large workplace.
It’s a great place to start if you want the easy cash. Usually takes 2 months to learn the ropes. But other than that it’s super easy. The environment sometimes depending on the crowd can be either way good or bad. Great people to work with.
Pros
Meeting new people, learning new things
Cons
Causal
Dedicated to make the overall experience memorable. Something for everyone, family and children are catered for as well. Service and team work runs smoothly and ensures safety for all.
Pros
meals and refreshments provided
Cons
you need to have the ability to work under pressure
All inclusive friendly workplace. Staff and management very professional and easy to get along with. I enjoy a variety of positions and have had on the job training for specialized services. This has included opportunities to be included in management teams when the need arises.
A typical day at work includes assistance in entry, directions and support to customers in need.

The most difficult part of my job is explaining entry rules and dress codes when people have not been previously informed.

I have enjoyed different aspects of my job, as I find working with people in the public both challenging and rewarding and the days I get to work around the horses, jockeys, trainers and their owners I have learned a lot about the love of the horses and that its not just about the races.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere and challenging. Free Lunch included. Easy to get to both transport and parking.
Cons
Not enough work.
Always a joy working here. Management is well organized and efficient, even when it gets really busy on race days. They take care of their staff really well too - always making sure that you have had lunch and small breaks in the afternoon. Food provided is also delicious, good pay and all the staff are very nice & approachable. Awesome ATC workplace culture!
Pros
Friendly management and staff, good pay, free lunch, nice workplace culture
Cons
Limited shifts per week
The staff are friendly.
They feed you on your break. Smorgest board of food. Easy access with public transport. If staff are happy, management are happy.
Pros
Free lunch
The workplace is very much racing focused, employees people who are enthusiastic about the sport. This creates a great environment such people, but some others can find themselves lost in the work due to not understanding the bigger picture of racing in general.
I've been a casual bartender at ATC for just under 12 months and it has been a great job to support myself a bit at university. You only get maximum two shifts per week but the rostering system is very organised and the job is fun.
Pros
Free Lunches, Friendly Co-Workers, Friendly Managers, Organised
Cons
Limited Shifts
ATC working here is good but not enough shifts. The maximum you can get is 2 shifts a wk.They have a management that will help you throuhgout your work.The culture is pretty organised. Most of the staff are professionals.
Pros
free meal
Cons
Not enough shifts