Australian Unity
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Australian Unity Employee Reviews

Australia103 reviews
Choose your own hours
Workload can be tedious

Great team leader but no advancement

Pay ok but unless you work nights and weekends no penalties

Supply uniform and work PPE and paid travel time you get to meet some lovely people, the best part of the job is the clients
When I initially applied to the job with Australian Unity, I thought it was a health insurance company. It wasn't until interviewing and first week on the job that I was aware of how truly diverse the company is and their large presence in community services and well being.

I have learnt so much over the course of my employment and worked with a wide range of people from different walks of life.

This role has provided me a great learning in terms of community connection, cultural and lived experience awareness as well as career development having held 3 various roles during my time.

The values are lived each day, 4 years on still here and each day has a new challenge!

I finally found an organisation that allows me to bring my whole self to the workplace ( virtual albeit these days) and connects to my personal values.

Lot's of learning on the job, this is an environment of growth and transformation.
Pros
Excellent strategic purpose and company culture
Cons
Ambigious & infant processes
Want to suck your blood. Just work work no fun no laugh. Stressful place to work. Very unprofessional and unorganised managers. No proper training. No any arrangements for new worker to start a job. Nothing was organised when I started job. I had to ring IT all the time to get my emails and set up my computer and everything. Not enough support for new person.
Pros
Cons
Many as I mentioned above
The administration general got a 1.5 million dollars pay rise the 5 administrators under the general has a share in 7 million in late 2019.
Australian Unity do not give a dam about care workers and rip clients off . I have never worked in a company where they don't care
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
They are money hungry
I was working at Campbell Place. I do not feel that the management team cares about you especially if you're just a casual staff. No proper training received, no leader or manager allocated to me. I have reached out in every possible way if I could to receive system training before picking up more shifts, but wasn't follow up on that at all. I feel that I have to "beg" for for the simplest things like pay slip, name tag, swipe card, work email, training, etc....It is not my job to do all that but the HR or someone in the company has to organise those for me. The only pro that working there was the lovely residents.
Strives on flexibility, well-being and modern day work environment.
No care for staff advancement or progression of skills, management very self-invested and only care about numbers. No acknowledgement for performance or any sense of value as an employee.
Pros
Flexibility, Laid-back and Friendly people
Cons
Lack of value, No progression, Lack of organisational structure
Forget advancement in this company
They don't care about you, only that a client doesn't call up to say you're not there.

You're a punching bag by everyone and amenity staff are treated better than care workers
Unfortunately there not worth 150 characters not much to say but very rude unappreciative racist unprofessional and have no clue about management. Or how to manage a bakery for that fact. 1 word (hopeless)
Pros
No pros
Cons
Plenty lost count
I was working on a 4 months contract basis in the IT department and eventually I had to leave the organization because of very poor management and toxic environment. They had almost next to none program governance across the organization and each business units were running their own projects as they deemed fit. There was a very clear demarcation and competition between business leaderships and almost no collaboration between them. All of which had failed to adopt the true values set within Australian Unity.
The IT GM at that point of time was signing off contracts with vendors without even understanding the scope involved. And managements wonders why their projects are always delayed, exceeds budget and never meets the agreed scope. Most of the time the contractors hired are thrown under the bus for the failures of Australian Unity management, causing them to be sacked or left the organization out of their own accord. Unfortunately, the toxic culture is across the organization.

I would not work for Australian Unity or recommend anyone to be employed there, ever.
Pros
Cons
As stated in the above review context
Lovely new building, people are friendly and helpful. Great location. Some of the processes are outdated but are under review. Great work/life balance encouraged..
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Australian Unity?
Clients come first great job culture lots of support from management and fellow staff members alwayspleasent shifts can change rapidly making money balancing difficult
Staff are given plenty of training (classroom & online) with opportunities to move into other positions. Plenty of games for staff to participate in (e.g. bingo and spin a wheel). Managers regularly monitor performance and offer additional mentoring.
Job can be very demanding and your shift times vary from week to week.

Considering the complexity of the role the salary offered is too low.
I don't like this company as they will bully and discriminate at you especially treat you like you are in idiot. Poor organization and the supervisor sucks.
Management come across professional, values and supporting the staff. This is far from the truth. There is no growth and a lot of micro managing. The GM does not go by the values put in place. She peaks down at you and makes you feel devalued. The staff who go over an beyond are never noticed only the followers. Beautiful staff, but management👎👎
Inept management, lots of red tape, so many different business units but they are all mediocre and not progressive. Constantly restructuring, no stability.
Pros
Cons
No stability
‘Clients are lovely.’
Supervisor’s and management not caring about clients or staff.

Communication problems with management- especially Supervisor

Supervisor doesn’t listen or care about any issues that come up with clients and staff. Supervisor minimise’s all issues because they can’t be bothered dealing with them. Staff treated very poorly!!
It was a wonderful experience working with Australian Unity. I enjoyed my time and loved servicing the clients for whatever needs.

Clients were amazing and very friendly and welcoming into their home.

Employers were friendly and nice and easy to work with
Employer flexible and family friendly
Mixture of clientele

Employer & Employees good to get along with

Paid travel per km except from home to first job and from last job to home
Pros
Paid travel
Cons
N/a
The shift is available for seven days. learned to cope with disability and elder person. the time and schedule management is good. Staffs are friendly
Pros
Flexibility with days and time
Cons
Many Break of engagement
I would be very happy to recommend this company to anyone interested to work there. Very good place and the environment is very nice with good staffs.
The best part of working there is the clients other than that a terrible place to work. The office staff are always having meltdowns , rude tears and tantrums on a daily basis and no management in place to sort it out. Bills don`t get paid or sorted out and no one seems to care
Pros
The clients
Cons
The office staff bullying and lack of management
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Australian Unity. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8