Australian Unity

Australian Unity Employee Reviews

Australia154 reviews

2.8Work–Life Balance

Very bad management

The company do not know how toManage a Call Centre the people up the topHave had no expound the job yet the expectations they want staff to meet are not accessible. Those that do meet, cut corners and resort to quick and poor customer service in order to meet the companies KPIs. You are also micro managed in the wrong irrelevant areas which makes staff frustrated, hence their turnover is horrendous.

Pros

There are none

Cons

Toxic environment

I work in administration for Australian Unity and I couldn't fault it. I have been in the role for 3 years , my main role is answering phones, maintaining spreadsheets, assisting with recruitment, assisting colleagues and care workers. Some days are busier than others, being very well organised and having the ability to juggle multiple taks at one time is highly beneficial. The team I work with gets along great, I've had 2 seperate managers in this time, both as great as the other. They have always accomodated any request I've had with leave, they don't make you feel bad if you have a sick day for yourself or to look after your kids, like other companies I have worked for. They also accommodated my return from maternity leave with any hours that suited me.

Pros

Great work environment, supportive company, internal perks.

Cons

High work load in certain positions.

Great lot of ppl

I loved working at Australian unity the ppl are amazing only thing is the pay isn’t that great. You get to meet a lot of elderly patients and helping them is what keeps you going

Pros

Paid petrol

Cons

Pay is bad

A dour and spy riddled work place

An Orwellian work place who even listen to your internal conversations. There shouldn’t be any circumstance for this work environment. Judgements come from all sides.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

The walls have ears.

Exhausted and the workload is tremendous

There are not enough hours in the day to complete the work that is required for you to do in the day . You work plenty of hrs for the pay that you get so in comparison the pay isn’t that great if you work out the average hr of pay per hr as it is salaried. They have there favourite staff which will do very well in the company and the other staff will just get railroaded out or leave .

Cons

Very long hrs

Very stressful, no support.

No support from management always blaming employees. Very stressful. Toxic work environment. Never appreciates any employee. Blamed allocations for all the problems and asked to do overtime but never paid overtime.

Stressful work with unsupported management

No support from management. It's a very stressful workplace. Company doesn't pay overtime as Overtime rate if you need to stay back with last minute tasks.

Pros

Nothing much can comment

Cons

Too stressful

Too many initiatives running at the same time

AU has great core values Warm, Bold and Honest. I did struggle with middle management at the organisation and often had little to no help implementing multiple streams of my program. There are some great people working there but unfortunately they rent to burn out and leave within 2 years.

Decent Place

Good place to work, friendly staff who dont overwork you appropriate training was given, encouraging staff who are supportive at all times good opportunity to grow and achieve workplace bonuses

Lovely clients lots of cleaning work

Lovely clients but they expect you to clean all the timeThis was 90% of my day was cleaning as that what the people want.Your lucky if you receive social support services or transport.I did love the environment can be fast paced and you need time management skills .Just be aware cleaning.will be a major part of your role.

Horrible

I worked for AU for 9 and a bit years, their business model is atrocious, they care about the dollars not the clients. I ended up leaving a job I loved because it affected my health

Pros

Nothing but stress

Cons

No care for the workers, not fair pay, work life balance, long hours or no hours. Stressful work days

Australian unity is a very supportive company to work for

Australian unity are very supportive and promote a great work life balance. As an allocations coordinator I have had a very supportive team of allocators to work alongside of and staff all round are wonderful to work with.

Stressful and repetitive. Low pay.

A lot of workers there are useless, rude and are non helpful. Low income, high expectations. Very deceitful and is always understaffed making the job a lot harder than it should be. Interview is based on false hope and lies are you soon realise that once it’s too late. Wouldn’t recommend it to anyone

Care workers low pay heavy manual handling

Care workers expect to be doing many hours of cleaning. Expect breaks of engagement basically like being on call and not getting paid for it. Many kilometres travel for little reimbursement.Rosters changing daily. Very high staff turnover.Stressful job isnt worth the low pay.

Pros

clients

Cons

exhausting many hours of cleaning

Look else where, this company is horrible!

The company has no care for the workers. They also advertised the job role as personal care worker when all I was given was domestic cleaning shifts.

Very stressful, badly managed

Do not work for AU unless you want to be ran off your feet every day, severely under staffed, underpaid for all the extra work you do , poorly managed facility ,no support for staff from care managers or facility manager and when you want to leave they refuse to give a reference to potential new work place to try and make you stay working there, no work life balance as you go home every day exhausted mentally and physically from being overworked, once you leave they cut all access to your payslips and certificates .

Overloaded job role

Coordinator position is extremely overloaded and un-achievable to do accurately and to the standards that it should be done. Poor training and poor support. Clients are wonderful and the careworkers that you also have to manage ontop of all the clients ypu manage as well including having to create and hold team monthly meetings . So much stress and pressure.

Pros

Working with the elderly

Cons

Work overload

I do not recommend working here.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND WORKING HERE. Managers are not friendly at all, and they think about how to save money. They do not care about carers and residents.

Supportive, friendly & professional company.

Extremely friendly admin staff in our local office, Port Macquarie. Friendly vibe. Great training & willing to negotiate hours & time availability to suit care staffs needs. Smart new uniforms. Good systems for PPE supplies Great up to date reporting, rostering & training processes.

I am working for Australian Unity! I love my role as a home care worker, my clients are very sweet

Rostering can be the most frustrating job! As a care worker we don't get paid enough per hour. To many cleaning jobs in a day! anything more than two is consider to much!!! All personal care jobs we should have at least one hour to 45 minutes services per clients. travel time from work to work we don't get given enough time to get to their places! I have worked for other organisations and its all pretty much the same the job description home care worker and the rostering!!!

ExhaustingExpect way too much don’t get a lot in returnUnappreciated efforts

Im looking for alternative employment Company expects way too much from their workersThey don’t give everyone enough hours, you can’t take annual leave when you want too, they don’t allow you to work a second job

Pros

One mental health day

Cons

Constantly short staffed Inconsistent roster and hours Poor communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Australian Unity. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Australian Unity with