Australian Venue Co.

8: Australian Venue Co. Employee Reviews

Australia8 reviews

3.0Work–Life Balance

Great for growth

Working for this company allowed for growth in my bartending journey and I was able to make some strong connections and gain community skills along the way.

Fun workplace and supportive and friendly management

It’s fun and dynamic workplace with flexible working hours and all staff get discounts on drinks and food across all AVC venues. They should provide more training to their staff, this would relieve the pressure on managers and supervisors and would bring more confidence for the whole workplace.

Australian Venue Co. insights

What people like
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Toxic culture

Very discriminatory culture Company is exploiting foreign workers using visa sponsorship as a weapon Military style management Not a nice company to work for

Standard workplace

Good job as a junior as a casual job. Management would give somewhat late notice of shifts at times and were very strict ie would not let you carry your phone on you even though they did not provide a secure place for them in the venue. However the people were generally nice and it was easy work

Fun and fast

Very fast-paced company, lots of career opportunity and good support from upper management. Best part is the people. Supportive and fun. Not for slackers! Can move around venues and interstate, never short of a new opportunity. Seem to be ahead of the game in technology and systems etc.

Waterloobay hotel? down contract.

Review guidelines:Give us your opinion aboutthis company will give 38hours full time contract but you have to work at least 45hours without extra payment.and also if kitchen hand have sick leave, you have to washing dishes. not available to work one place, have to cover other place they have. a typical day at work once kitchen hand were sick, super visor asked me to say not available to get sick leave, if I accepted, I do washing dishes.what you learned In Brisbane, employers don't have to follow fair work rule.management It is just my opinion, they just want to make money. Don't really care about relationship. workplace cultureDon't really care about relationship. the hardest part of the jobDown payment. If they pay properly, I might work more than 2 months. but they rejected right payment on contract.the most enjoyable part of the job Co-workers was good but all employees worked with me resigned.

Pros

free lunch.

Cons

down payment.

the average hospitality job

the job is good for those looking to get a pay check and go, however don't get overly invested in the goings on and operations of the company and its hotels, it will only end in frustration.

Pros

flexible hours and rostering, with oppurtunity to pick up extra shifts

Cons

long hours, little opportunity to progress, unsupportive management, large gossip culture

Good team work and fun

I working since 3 years company and staff are so good and friendly with many things . I started kitchen hand position now commis chef salary also good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Australian Venue Co.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Australian Venue Co. with