Auto & General Insurance

13: Auto & General Insurance Employee Reviews

Australia13 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Staff were well look after with lunches , facilities parking

This was a great time in my life I only wish I could have stayed until I retired.The Non Executive Directors were fantastic but the Executive Directors were changing frequently.It was hard to establish the true direction and strategy of the MD/CEO.The input of some younger directors did not appreciate all the work long term staff member contributed to the business.

Pros

Lunches, group gatherings

Cons

Very long hours

choose to work here only if you have to

It was awful. they time you when you go to the bathroom. the left hand doesn't talk to the right hand. management was horrible to deal with. the person who trained us was hating the job too and they didn't/couldn't disclose some of the not so nice things. soul sucking work. The burn out is real.

Pros

free hot chocolate/tea/coffee

Cons

everything else

Extremely Toxic and Uncaring

This company has to be the worst company I've ever worked at. Extremely micromanaging down to the very second, uneducated and insensitive when it comes to mental health, insufficient training and favouritism. You're treated based on how they feel about you. I would advise that you avoid working here for the sake of your mental health.

Pros

The pay I suppose

Cons

Micromanagement, favouritism, insufficient training, insensitive, long hours, entitled customers

Had fun and often provided lunch with Pizzas often

I worked at Auto and General for 6.5 years and was the oldest one in the company. I found them very fair and enjoyed working as part of a teamI worked both in inbound and outbound and enjoyed the challenges between the teams. We would also receive gifts for selling the most policiesThe company provided a great Christmas party each year, no expense was spared.I made a few good friends in the company who I still see today.If going through a tough time with KPI's, Team leaders would encourage us to work through the areas we had difficulty with.I miss working there as the I enjoyed the work.

Pros

Great Christmas parties

Cons

KPI's quite high

It was great when I first started but then the culture of the place changed

I felt like I was forced to leave due to a illness that I had. Management seemed to care but realistically I think they just wanted me out as I was a becoming a burden on the company, I was with them for nearly 10 years and no one has contacted me since leaving to see how I am doing. I bit depressing really seeing as they 'acted' like they where doing what was best for me and really did care. Didn't even give me a proper send off or a card of thank you.

Great company

Enjoyed my time with this company. Great support from staff and management. During a flooding event staff was not able to leave on order to help customers, management provided dinner f or all

good place to work

assessment of damaged vehicles in house client presents vehicle then discuss repair procedure Arrange and book repairer follow through till repair finished date

Pros

team enviourment

Cons

own car and travel

fun workplace

great place to work for. great job opportunities good work life balance great eba agreements in place fantastic learning opportunities support is there when you need it

Excellent offices to work at

A lot of telephone work/transferring calls and taking messages. Always something to be doing including setting up for high level meetings, and ordering unpacking large stationary orders. Lovely people to work with.

Pros

Free parking onsite

Great Company

Was a great company to work for but they seemed very pushy when it came to meeting all KPI's. They had very high expectations which I thought a bit tough on some workers.

Good company not great

This employer is struggling to understand what it wants to represent, Most of my time was spent trying to work around or get fixed systems that are not up to the task. For a good many employees the over riding reason they remain is locality.

prductive fun workplace

lots to be learned and plenty of hard work but a fun atmosphere and great rewards for hard workers, hardest part of the job was learning ton combat hard customer complaints.

Good Company overall.

Great staff to work with. Company was good to me in support of my residency application and this was successfully obtained. Resigned as wanted to relocate to Perth where family is located.

Pros

Awesome staff in my teams

Cons

Micro management - interfering in daily work desciplines.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Auto & General Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Auto & General Insurance with

Auto & General Insurance Reviews by Location

Learn about Auto & General Insurance in popular locations

• Auto & General Insurance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?