Autobarn

31: Autobarn Employee Reviews

Australia31 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Easy going staff members

Overall was a good place to work and non management staff were good to work with, the management of the store was poorly run. Manager asks a lot of his staff

Pros

Non management staff were good to work with

Cons

Management, was poorly run

Enjoyable Tasks

Excellent crew to work with, with benefits suited to my work ethic and interests.A varied cross section of customers both knowledgeable and requiring advice.

Pros

Discounted parts.

Cons

Stressful environment with horrible management

I worked at Autobarn for a year. During that year, I was yelled at, berated, belittled, and screamed at regularly by the manager of the store I worked for. The Head office did little to help and didn't care about any complaints. Not that this is a surprise as I worked in receivables regularly and there was never a day with a correct order arriving from head office. The pay was abysmal, and the hours were long and hard. I would not recommend to anyone.

Pros

Free snack food

Cons

Long hours, low pay, bad management, useless corporate

A standard job ideal for a first job

Its a average job where you are required to clean and maintain the store with a focus on customers, the hardest part of the job is lack motivation to sell due to their being no reward structure.

nope

I worked there and they where rude and not helpful they where not the greatest people to work with and I would not work for them again they gave me only one break each day even know I was working 9 hours a day and they where meant to be giving me at lest 2 breaks a day

good crowd to work with, corporate body makes life hard

Cleaning the store, stocking shelves and serving customer finding parts and accessories for cars. Learnt how to use different systems for sales as well as GLOBAL for stock and Oscar for parts referencing The culture is laid back even though busy most of the time. Really enjoyable factor was working at a car part store and learning more about my interests.

Pros

learning more about the car parts etc

Cons

loss of hours

Excellent workplace to work in great team.

It was a great team and learning experience for me on the floor doing sales at Autobarn Sunshine. The team were great and everybody worked as a team which i loved.

customers

work at auto barn has been a good journey before work at auto i have never had a job when i became a team member i have leant so much retail assent .customer service

poor

poor attitude to new workers wont let the new workers learn anything only the registers but not on the floor tried so many times but other workers came and took over I loved that job but didn't let me learn and used me for free money

OK place to work, should never have left

Had regular hours Friday - Monday by choice, enjoyed working in spare parts and oils, additives. Did not mind helping fitter with installations, used forklift.

Pros

regular hours

Really good

Best part is the cars, engine sounds on idle at the front.. I went to the Mechanic side to learn how to do a service on a car properly. I learnt so much at Autobarns and would love to continue! It has and help me so much in the future, for my future career as a Automotive Mechanic

Pros

Free lunches, breaks

Were not willing to train

When I worked there, I would ask for advice and it did not seem like they were willing to help and advise. It seemed like a problem and I felt as if my questions were stupid

Pros

easy job

Cons

Incorrect breaks

Friendly and knowledgeable staff

Best part about working working for autobarn was the friendly team. Every team member had their specialty ie. Installations, merchandising, office work, ordering.

Great work, lovely staff

A typical day at Autobarn is spent cleaning, learning about the products we sell, selling, merchandising etc. I learned a lot about customer service and parts including where to source them. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about the different parts we sell.

its a fun place

this is a place where day to day work is all about stacking and moving pallets from dailies to bulk as well as unloading trucks it is tense only when a lot of goods are to be stocked but little space.

Very hard work but good experience

I was only a work experience student there for a week. In this week I learned loads. Learnt about storage, stock management and stock take. The employees are welcoming and friendly and ultimately was a week of hard work and good experience.

Pros

Friendly employees

fun

This was a great place to work and learn retail sales being taught by good people and also having a understaning of cars it helped loved it shame i had to leave

fun work place, just needed more training

fun staff, easy to get along with. hardest part of the job was lack of training and being expected to perform as a fully trained installer most enjoyable part of the job was seeing customers cars and hobbies they were buying parts for.

enjoyable place to work

Busy at times, always learning about different products. If unsure regarding products when customers ask, seek advice. Fair Friendly, helpful. Not being able to answer questions asked by customers regarding certain products. Learning about the products we sell and meeting and talking to customers.

Pros

Earning money and able to pay for my car

Cons

Not enough hours

good place to work

good place to work not as many hours i needed to work no overtime more of a relaxed work environment good for a single parent

Good workplace with people helping where they could.

The most enjoyable part of work was working on the computer and helping customers out. the hardest part consisted of actually finding the right parts for a certain car. the management and co-workers were enjoyable to be around as well as a constant hard working group of people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Autobarn. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Autobarn with

Learn about Autobarn in popular locations

• Autobarn