Autobarn Employee Reviews

nope
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lawnton QLD8 January 2020
I worked there and they where rude and not helpful they where not the greatest people to work with and I would not work for them again
they gave me only one break each day even know I was working 9 hours a day and they where meant to be giving me at lest 2 breaks a day
good crowd to work with, corporate body makes life hard
Retail Assistant (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Launceston TAS1 October 2019
Cleaning the store, stocking shelves and serving customer finding parts and accessories for cars.
Learnt how to use different systems for sales as well as GLOBAL for stock and Oscar for parts referencing
The culture is laid back even though busy most of the time.
Really enjoyable factor was working at a car part store and learning more about my interests.
Pros
learning more about the car parts etc
Cons
loss of hours
Excellent workplace to work in great team.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunshine VIC15 September 2019
It was a great team and learning experience for me on the floor doing sales at Autobarn Sunshine. The team were great and everybody worked as a team which i loved.
customers
reatil (Former Employee) –  Noosaville QLD22 April 2019
work at auto barn has been a good journey before work at auto i have never had a job when i became a team member i have leant so much retail assent .customer service
poor
Automotive Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frankston VIC9 December 2018
poor attitude to new workers wont let the new workers learn anything only the registers but not on the floor tried so many times but other workers came and took over I loved that job but didn't let me learn and used me for free money
OK place to work, should never have left
Auto Spare Parts Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Monkland QLD28 September 2018
Had regular hours Friday - Monday by choice, enjoyed working in spare parts and oils, additives. Did not mind helping fitter with installations, used forklift.
Pros
regular hours
Really good
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Upper Coomera QLD17 August 2018
Best part is the cars, engine sounds on idle at the front.. I went to the Mechanic side to learn how to do a service on a car properly. I learnt so much at Autobarns and would love to continue!
It has and help me so much in the future, for my future career as a Automotive Mechanic
Pros
Free lunches, breaks
Were not willing to train
RETAIL SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Chirnside Park VIC1 May 2018
When I worked there, I would ask for advice and it did not seem like they were willing to help and advise. It seemed like a problem and I felt as if my questions were stupid
Pros
easy job
Cons
Incorrect breaks
Friendly and knowledgeable staff
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD22 April 2018
Best part about working working for autobarn was the friendly team. Every team member had their specialty ie. Installations, merchandising, office work, ordering.
Great work, lovely staff
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD29 January 2018
A typical day at Autobarn is spent cleaning, learning about the products we sell, selling, merchandising etc. I learned a lot about customer service and parts including where to source them. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about the different parts we sell.
its a fun place
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Brisbane Airport QLD7 December 2017
this is a place where day to day work is all about stacking and moving pallets from dailies to bulk as well as unloading trucks it is tense only when a lot of goods are to be stocked but little space.
Very hard work but good experience
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Eltham VIC6 November 2017
I was only a work experience student there for a week. In this week I learned loads. Learnt about storage, stock management and stock take. The employees are welcoming and friendly and ultimately was a week of hard work and good experience.
Pros
Friendly employees
fun
Store Manager/Retail Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Keysborough VIC19 June 2017
This was a great place to work and learn retail sales being taught by good people and also having a understaning of cars it helped loved it shame i had to leave
fun work place, just needed more training
Sales & Installation (Former Employee) –  Bundall QLD16 May 2016
fun staff, easy to get along with.
hardest part of the job was lack of training and being expected to perform as a fully trained installer
most enjoyable part of the job was seeing customers cars and hobbies they were buying parts for.
enjoyable place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cockburn Central WA2 May 2016
Busy at times, always learning about different products.

If unsure regarding products when customers ask, seek advice.

Fair

Friendly, helpful.

Not being able to answer questions asked by customers regarding certain products.

Learning about the products we sell and meeting and talking to customers.
Pros
Earning money and able to pay for my car
Cons
Not enough hours
good place to work
car audio fitter (Current Employee) –  warriwood4 April 2016
good place to work not as many hours i needed to work no overtime
more of a relaxed work environment good for a single parent
Good workplace with people helping where they could.
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Warners Bay, NSW20 June 2015
The most enjoyable part of work was working on the computer and helping customers out. the hardest part consisted of actually finding the right parts for a certain car. the management and co-workers were enjoyable to be around as well as a constant hard working group of people.
very fullfilling always learning and ongoing training of products
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mackay, QLD2 March 2015
start the day with a smile thoroughly enjoyed the customers and the challenges od working there. i completed my certificate 3 in January which was a very detailed course. There was always programs to learn about individual products and the training from auto barn for customer service was high. I made some good friends there miss working there .The managers right down to the casuals were all friendly. The hardest part was spare parts trying to find them the right part the customer required. the most enjoyable was seeing the customers come back and get to know them personally and the satisfaction of helping them get what they were after
Pros
Excelllent discount
Cons
Being made redundant
Productive Learning Environment
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Blacktown, NSW21 January 2015
The opportunity to put my skills of Parts Interpreting and Customer Service into action was great. Friendly staff and great working environment. The hardest part of the job was when we didn't have many customers. Most enjoyable part - being busy and being able to help.

SORRY ONLY ONE STAR WAS WORKING ABOVE - BUT I WOULD RATE AUTOBARN OVERALL AT FOUR STARS
Cons
Fun place to work with lots to learn
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Beenleigh, QLD12 December 2014
I absolutely loved working here, I was taught a lot about seat covers, cleaning products & accessories with so much more to be learned. This was by far my most favourite job so far.

The only down side would be that there isn't enough customers coming in, so in turn not enough work.

All the staff, including the owners & management, were great to work with. It was a fun place to work at as well.
Pros
So much to learn
Cons
Not enough customers