Autobarn
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Autobarn Employee Reviews

Its a average job where you are required to clean and maintain the store with a focus on customers, the hardest part of the job is lack motivation to sell due to their being no reward structure.
I worked at Autobarn for a year. During that year, I was yelled at, berated, belittled, and screamed at regularly by the manager of the store I worked for. The Head office did little to help and didn't care about any complaints. Not that this is a surprise as I worked in receivables regularly and there was never a day with a correct order arriving from head office. The pay was abysmal, and the hours were long and hard. I would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
Free snack food
Cons
Long hours, low pay, bad management, useless corporate
I worked there and they where rude and not helpful they where not the greatest people to work with and I would not work for them again they gave me only one break each day even know I was working 9 hours a day and they where meant to be giving me at lest 2 breaks a day
Cleaning the store, stocking shelves and serving customer finding parts and accessories for cars. Learnt how to use different systems for sales as well as GLOBAL for stock and Oscar for parts referencing The culture is laid back even though busy most of the time. Really enjoyable factor was working at a car part store and learning more about my interests.
Pros
learning more about the car parts etc
Cons
loss of hours
It was a great team and learning experience for me on the floor doing sales at Autobarn Sunshine. The team were great and everybody worked as a team which i loved.
work at auto barn has been a good journey before work at auto i have never had a job when i became a team member i have leant so much retail assent .customer service
poor attitude to new workers wont let the new workers learn anything only the registers but not on the floor tried so many times but other workers came and took over I loved that job but didn't let me learn and used me for free money
Had regular hours Friday - Monday by choice, enjoyed working in spare parts and oils, additives. Did not mind helping fitter with installations, used forklift.
Pros
regular hours
Best part is the cars, engine sounds on idle at the front.. I went to the Mechanic side to learn how to do a service on a car properly. I learnt so much at Autobarns and would love to continue! It has and help me so much in the future, for my future career as a Automotive Mechanic
Pros
Free lunches, breaks
When I worked there, I would ask for advice and it did not seem like they were willing to help and advise. It seemed like a problem and I felt as if my questions were stupid
Pros
easy job
Cons
Incorrect breaks
Best part about working working for autobarn was the friendly team. Every team member had their specialty ie. Installations, merchandising, office work, ordering.
A typical day at Autobarn is spent cleaning, learning about the products we sell, selling, merchandising etc. I learned a lot about customer service and parts including where to source them. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about the different parts we sell.
this is a place where day to day work is all about stacking and moving pallets from dailies to bulk as well as unloading trucks it is tense only when a lot of goods are to be stocked but little space.
I was only a work experience student there for a week. In this week I learned loads. Learnt about storage, stock management and stock take. The employees are welcoming and friendly and ultimately was a week of hard work and good experience.
Pros
Friendly employees
This was a great place to work and learn retail sales being taught by good people and also having a understaning of cars it helped loved it shame i had to leave
fun staff, easy to get along with. hardest part of the job was lack of training and being expected to perform as a fully trained installer most enjoyable part of the job was seeing customers cars and hobbies they were buying parts for.
Busy at times, always learning about different products. If unsure regarding products when customers ask, seek advice. Fair Friendly, helpful. Not being able to answer questions asked by customers regarding certain products. Learning about the products we sell and meeting and talking to customers.
Pros
Earning money and able to pay for my car
Cons
Not enough hours
good place to work not as many hours i needed to work no overtime more of a relaxed work environment good for a single parent
The most enjoyable part of work was working on the computer and helping customers out. the hardest part consisted of actually finding the right parts for a certain car. the management and co-workers were enjoyable to be around as well as a constant hard working group of people.
start the day with a smile thoroughly enjoyed the customers and the challenges od working there. i completed my certificate 3 in January which was a very detailed course. There was always programs to learn about individual products and the training from auto barn for customer service was high. I made some good friends there miss working there .The managers right down to the casuals were all friendly. The hardest part was spare parts trying to find them the right part the customer required. the most enjoyable was seeing the customers come back and get to know them personally and the satisfaction of helping them get what they were after
Pros
Excelllent discount
Cons
Being made redundant
The opportunity to put my skills of Parts Interpreting and Customer Service into action was great. Friendly staff and great working environment. The hardest part of the job was when we didn't have many customers. Most enjoyable part - being busy and being able to help. SORRY ONLY ONE STAR WAS WORKING ABOVE - BUT I WOULD RATE AUTOBARN OVERALL AT FOUR STARS
  1. Employee Reviews