Autobarn
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Autobarn Employee Reviews

Work–Life Balance

A standard job ideal for a first job

Its a average job where you are required to clean and maintain the store with a focus on customers, the hardest part of the job is lack motivation to sell due to their being no reward structure.

The job was ok. Good co-workers and mostly nice customers.

My managers and co-workers were all good and mostly hardworking and honest people. We all worked well together as a team and treated each other with respect.The owners only thought of the bottom line and couldn’t care less about the employees.

Pros

Union benefits.

Cons

No job security.

Stressful environment with horrible management

I worked at Autobarn for a year. During that year, I was yelled at, berated, belittled, and screamed at regularly by the manager of the store I worked for. The Head office did little to help and didn't care about any complaints. Not that this is a surprise as I worked in receivables regularly and there was never a day with a correct order arriving from head office. The pay was abysmal, and the hours were long and hard. I would not recommend to anyone.

Pros

Free snack food

Cons

Long hours, low pay, bad management, useless corporate

nope

I worked there and they where rude and not helpful they where not the greatest people to work with and I would not work for them again they gave me only one break each day even know I was working 9 hours a day and they where meant to be giving me at lest 2 breaks a day

good crowd to work with, corporate body makes life hard

Cleaning the store, stocking shelves and serving customer finding parts and accessories for cars. Learnt how to use different systems for sales as well as GLOBAL for stock and Oscar for parts referencing The culture is laid back even though busy most of the time. Really enjoyable factor was working at a car part store and learning more about my interests.

Pros

learning more about the car parts etc

Cons

loss of hours

Excellent workplace to work in great team.

It was a great team and learning experience for me on the floor doing sales at Autobarn Sunshine. The team were great and everybody worked as a team which i loved.

Great Place to work

I have been here for years and the company works with you whenever you need it. The salaries continue to rise and it is a great place for men, women, young, old, and disabled.

customers

work at auto barn has been a good journey before work at auto i have never had a job when i became a team member i have leant so much retail assent .customer service

n/a

I had an great learning experience at Auto Barn while i was employed there I gained typing skills, communication skills, and customer service skills.

Beautiful Job, Was Temporary.

If I could dedicate my life to this place full-time I would but unfortunately life is taking me in a different direction due to circumstances in my everyday life.

poor

poor attitude to new workers wont let the new workers learn anything only the registers but not on the floor tried so many times but other workers came and took over I loved that job but didn't let me learn and used me for free money

OK place to work, should never have left

Had regular hours Friday - Monday by choice, enjoyed working in spare parts and oils, additives. Did not mind helping fitter with installations, used forklift.

Pros

regular hours

Really good

Best part is the cars, engine sounds on idle at the front.. I went to the Mechanic side to learn how to do a service on a car properly. I learnt so much at Autobarns and would love to continue! It has and help me so much in the future, for my future career as a Automotive Mechanic

Pros

Free lunches, breaks

fun

new products, features, and options. Strategically negotiate with customers to close on deals and increase sales; personally work deals, interest rates, leases, and calculate financial requirements prior to obtaining approval from dealership manager and F&Imp, I manager. Qualify and follow up on warm Internet leads regarding new and pre-owned vehicle availability, price, and options. Maintain contact with customers via email, phone calls, and regular updates on promotional offers.

Pros

lunch on saturdays

Cons

long days

Were not willing to train

When I worked there, I would ask for advice and it did not seem like they were willing to help and advise. It seemed like a problem and I felt as if my questions were stupid

Pros

easy job

Cons

Incorrect breaks

Friendly and knowledgeable staff

Best part about working working for autobarn was the friendly team. Every team member had their specialty ie. Installations, merchandising, office work, ordering.

Great work, lovely staff

A typical day at Autobarn is spent cleaning, learning about the products we sell, selling, merchandising etc. I learned a lot about customer service and parts including where to source them. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about the different parts we sell.

its a fun place

this is a place where day to day work is all about stacking and moving pallets from dailies to bulk as well as unloading trucks it is tense only when a lot of goods are to be stocked but little space.

Very hard work but good experience

I was only a work experience student there for a week. In this week I learned loads. Learnt about storage, stock management and stock take. The employees are welcoming and friendly and ultimately was a week of hard work and good experience.

Pros

Friendly employees

fun

This was a great place to work and learn retail sales being taught by good people and also having a understaning of cars it helped loved it shame i had to leave

Great Group of Guys

They are a great company to work for. Everyone helps everyone we were an actual team. I would also work with this great group of guys as well. We worked hard daily.
  • Autobarn