Autobarn
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Autobarn Employee Reviews

Work–Life Balance

A standard job ideal for a first job

Its a average job where you are required to clean and maintain the store with a focus on customers, the hardest part of the job is lack motivation to sell due to their being no reward structure.

Fun place to work with lots to learn

I absolutely loved working here, I was taught a lot about seat covers, cleaning products & accessories with so much more to be learned. This was by far my most favourite job so far. The only down side would be that there isn't enough customers coming in, so in turn not enough work. All the staff, including the owners & management, were great to work with. It was a fun place to work at as well.

Pros

So much to learn

Cons

Not enough customers

Typical day at Autobarn

My roles are varied and range from customer service and sales, taking phone inquiries, managing phone orders.Packing shelves, assembling appliances, bookkeeping and organising daily float. In sales we are also responsible for maintaining a clean working environment.

Pros

great team interactions

Cons

would like to work more hours to require more money for living expenses

Working at Autobarn Wonthaggi is fun. It is a good place to work, the people are friendly and are always willing to help you when you need it. weather it is a customer or a colleague. For me a day consist of driving to other automotive business to deliver parts, helping customers and cleaning the store. The hardest part of the job is trying to find the right part or right product for the customer, with so many different cars in the world in can be difficult. That is what makes it enjoyable, never the same day.

Pros

Management looks after us

Cons

Not enough hours (for me)

nice tidy place

fast paced environment constantly learning new products management was helpful

The People are really good to work with

Re-Stacked Selves, Helped Customers find products, Priced and Labelled New stock, General Cleaning around shop. Staff were really nice and were willing to listen and help at any chance they had to, never felt like I didn't belong. even though it was only 2 weeks work experience.

Well Managed

I found working there to be quite enjoyable due the the fellow employees and positive work environment.

fun working environment

a day at work would consist of stacking shelfs serving customers and fitting products to cars.

Great Team Enviroment, Fun, Friendly, One of the Family

My typical day at work would consist of helping customers with car products, helping to find the spare car part they need in cluding the right oil for their car, I have Learned a great Deal about cars and would love to keep learning about them, My co-workers are great support we all help each other out and get alone well out side of work as well.The Hardest Part would be that i am Female you tend to get people in that will ignore you as they believe that i am unable to help them but most times i have helped them and they tend to come back into the store and ask for my help once i have proven them wrong.Most enjoyable part Helping the customer to get a part for their car that they have been unable to get else where and of course seeing the many different cars that customers drive and learning about that car.

Pros

great boss, great customers and work mates

Cons

costumers who believe a woman shouldn't be working in a car shop