Automobile Club of Southern California

Automobile Club of Southern California Employee Reviews

3.1Work–Life Balance

It is a sales job

Great co-workers, management is hit or miss, they get rotated every couple of years, lots of turnover, you have sales goals to meet, customer service side (they have insurance and travel also) are the worker bees but are treated not equal to the insurance and/or travel side. Be prepare to sell the services they offer and make those goals, if not you get in trouble. Lots of people leave within 1 year.

Pros

Job security

Cons

They say it is a customer service job, it is a sales job

sales oriented job

if your goal is to do sales. this is the company for you. management does micro manage a lot so if you work well in that type of pressure environment than you will do fine.

benefits

Cons

management

Stressful and unprofessional environment

They train and rotate sales people in like cattle. Encourage and reward less than professional behaviours. Anything for a sale…. Lie, cheat or steal. Every minute of your day is micromanaged. Member calls are transferred or not dealt with to avoid having to resolve an issue as you might miss a sales opportunity You are expected to sales pitch even disgruntled members. Computer systems are so antiquated and complicated that errors are common and present an opportunity for the company to take back your commission for lack of accuracy. Some policies are so complex there are only a few agent’s that are capable of writing them as it requires you to know DOS. Management just keeps reminding you how much money you can make to keep you hanging on.

Pros

Decent benefits after 3 months

Cons

Work life balance, stress, unprofessionalism

Great

Very great place to be, management was very helpful and training was provided, however workload can be overwhelming and you will be putting in work all day

Pros

great pay, benefits

Cons

workload

Cons Outweigh the Pros

Pros: steady full time job with benefits, and able to work from home once your trained and management is able to see that you can manage your own desk. Cons: overworked and underpaid in comparison to other insurance carriers, the job is so stressful you don’t earn enough vacation time to compensate for how taxing the job is, you can only use 40-48 hours of sick time within a year - even though you accrue more than that - because the company believes that “no average person can get sick more than that” so if you have any chronic issues then you might want to look elsewhere, management is inconsistent amongst different offices so you can either have a great manager or one that’ll throw you under the bus to save their own skin, if you work a weekend department within claims (auto property damage) and you go to another department within claims you’ll get a 16% pay cut, the technology is old - they barely just switched to Microsoft Edge from Internet Explorer back in February 2022. Overall, the company needs some major overhaulwork.

The good: The Branding, the roadside service.The bad: Systems issues, antiquated technology 70% of inbound calls are non sales related.

it's a boiler room environment. Goals are unrealistic based on the business model. 70% of inbound calls are non sales related. Sales management is basically the cool kids table at a High School Cafeteria.

Flexible

The company offers multiple schedules which helps work around family life. Most jobs are remote. There is paid training and you get your questions answered right away.

Thankful but stressful

Made lots of money as an insurance agent but was stressed out and felt pressured every month. Can be lucrative but very stressful. Management puts extreme pressure on the employees. Great benefits though. and i have a pension still so i can complain too much. I was able to do a lot thanks to AAA.

Good company to work for if you want good health benefits

This job demands a lot kit of you. There can be more than 100 calls waiting and from a different state than the one they normally serve. You have to follow a call script and that can be difficult to achieve because sometimes people interrupt or want you to hurry up, but management expects you to follow the script or you lose points. There is hardly ever any down time. Its usually back to back calls so it eventually drains you mentally. Bonuses are nice if you are good at your job and and get get scores from member surveys. Other than that, some of the girls are immature and like to start drama. There is favorites for sure. So make sure to kiss you know what if you want your supervisor to give you offline time. Good health benefits and EAP. However the job will take a toll on your mental health.

Pros

Over time, bonuses, health benefits

Cons

back to back calls, every other call is screaming at you

It’s a grind like most sales jobs

Worked in the Dasu for 2 years. Made okay money but no residuals. You are trading all of your time for money and will not hit goal working a 40 hour week. You are given unlimited overtime but the sales commission is why we sell. Ok if you have kids and need a steady check with good benefits

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Terrible work life balance

Desperate Need For Improvement

I had such high hopes for this job. I can't fathom how a company can run this way and still be in business. From the outside, it appears to be a slowly sinking ship. Management is using small buckets to get rid of the water instead of just repairing the hull."How?", you ask. Training is subpar. You are trained for the best case scenarios then thrown on the floor receiving calls with an array of issues that completely take you off guard. A lot of issues which stem from the poor training the other agents received. You are told ample support is available for you via phone or Microsoft Teams once you're in the bullpen. Nope... not true. They only schedule 3 or so people to help 30+ new hires. Meaning, when you don't know how to help someone you are either going to make something up and hope it works, or you can wait on hold for help 20+ minutes trying to get help. Rinse and repeat. So people leave because of this lack of training and no support nonsense that AAA constantly has to hire and train new people. It's a vicious cycle.I could go on about other aspects of this company that are in dire straits, but the training or lack thereof appears to be the biggest offender.I do have to admit, a good part I'll remember about working for AAA is the support and friendship of the other PMG & MSC employees in my team. That was one fantastic perk.So ya, if you decide to work here, best of luck to you. You're going to need it. xD

If you have a good manager this company is amazing.

The manager at my location chewed me out on the second day. Used intimidation and bullying as a management tactic. I was very excited to work for this company and very disappointed in the culture.

Salaried order takers wanted, money motivated sales professionals need not apply.

Widget based system, quality and pay has gone downhill. Managers are quitting in droves and they are not for profit but that’s all they care about. Burning the employees and their name along the way.

Nepotism at its finest

Run this company honestly is not a healthy environment to work in. Extremely convoluted and archaic mindsets and business practices. Very unprofessional

Pros

They give you free blankets and stickers

Cons

Too many to list.

Good Benefits

if you get an entry level job be mindful that you will stay there a long time. They tell you they will help you move forward but they won't. If you want to move on to claims department, it will be extremely difficult.

Pros

bonus once a year

Cons

no room to grow

Not a bad place to work but needs a lot of improvements and updates

Company needs to learn to work as a team and in desperate need of modernization. The pay is well below average and they company refuses to allow employees to work from home. They are strict about working "core hours" 9pm-5pm even if you are a salaried employee.

Pros

Stable secure job

Cons

Underpaid employees

Great place to make a lot of money as long as you sacrifice your personal time

The title says it all. Good place to make tons of cash if you can sell. But you will end up trading your personal life and time. Weekends and holidays will be gone. Time with family will be gone. And the pay only gets worse overtime, meaning more work for less pay.

Pros

Benefits and pay

Cons

Personal time, time off, no paid time off, held hostage to the job

Difficult to Advance and Pressure to Sell

I worked at Auto Club for three years. At first I had really high service scores but my referral score was low. In my third year working for the company, I had one service score total and it was a 8. Anything below 9/10 was failing. The service score had nothing to do with me and my service but the customer said they were angry that their rates went up after major storms in TX. After that I had weekly coaching sessions to increase my scores but never got another one before I left. The pressure to refer products (auto, home, life, pup, credit cards) was absolutely insane. How was I supposed to sell those things when people were calling in with the majority of those items? I had to have at least 20 auto 10 home 5 pup 2 life and 1 credit card a month referrals a month when people were calling to file claims or change something on a policy they already had. It was extremely frustrating. There was so much pressure to sell because supervisors make their bonuses off their teams ability to sell. My last two supervisors (because we switched teams so often) were so caught up in their own bonuses that it caused some people to have breakdowns and other to use shady tactics to succeed. Turn over was extremely high as well. Every 5-6 weeks new training classes were put on the floor to take the places of people who left.

Pros

Good benefits, good cafeteria, great opportunity for OT.

Cons

Bad management, Bad business practices, Sometimes mandatory OT

Being an agent has gone downhill

When I first was employed by the Auto Club I thought I had found the perfect job to make tons of money with no caps but over the last two years being an agent has become all stress with little reward. Company has completely changed how they allocate phone time to agents, if you have a bad month you’ll find yourself with no inbound phone hours and working purely on outbounds. Miss goal one month and they put you in a hole that seems IMPOSSIBLE to get out of. Puts you in a position where you become desperate for sales and will do any thing to write a policy.

Result driven environment.

AAA overall is good place to work for and the people are respectful. It is a goal driven environment and you have to be a self driven mentality to be successful. The opportunities will be there as long as you’re productive asset. They have taken care of the employees during the pandemic through job security and uninterrupted pay during the lock down.

Pros

Job security.

Cons

Too many metric goals.

You can make money but you will hate your life

Toxic doesn’t even begin to describe being a sales agent at AAA. They make rules and then let people obviously break them, but then constantly threaten you not to break the rules. If you have any morals you will be miserable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Automobile Club of Southern California. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Automobile Club of Southern California