Automotive Holdings Group (AHG) Employee Reviews

Very under paid
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 March 2019
Team Leaders have no training, rules change constantly. Good for a couple of people but not others to have to follow them. All the favourites override rules as they are friends with bosses. Duties constantly change dont know whether your Arthur or Martha. Work hard to get target every month, not appreciated or rewarded for your efforts. Bonus is pitiful for the work you do. One team leader writes than instead of then shows the intellect. Have no clue which people should do what with their strengths and weaknesses. Another team leader just eats and eats and becomes a Sargent walking up and down the room even though she may not be the supervisor of that group. FREEZE on putting on more staff because The highest boss is the 29th highest paid in WA $2 million per annum salary what a joke! meanwhile the plebs work hard to get pitiful wage and be pushed to breaking point. Definitely not worth the blood, sweat and tears
Pros
Wow fresh fruit on Mondays
Cons
Plenty they con customer to buy Customer Care plan thats worth nothing the paper is written on
Technician
Technician (Former Employee) –  Mt Gravatt QLD17 November 2018
Very unorganised place to work the managers are very disrespectful very bad workplace culture no team environment would not recommend working for AHG aka Zupps
No growt
SALES EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Lansvale NSW17 September 2018
Not what was told there was no training no opportunity to grow.

Salary was a joke.
Also commission where not what I was told but had no choice to accept it as I had to feed my family
Worst Place to work
Apprentice Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Perth WA20 June 2018
no mental health support

peer pressure from management and bean counters so that the department in the dealership can make a buck and the person making a sale and a commission up to 50%

Efficiency rates

Poor pay rate (they pay the award rate personally being a dealership they should pay above the award)

High stress levels

Constant staff leaving and many who were great techs

Unsafe hoists

Non existent management support

Old workshop

Little or no training

No benefits

No communication from head office or management

Expectation of knowing everything

Poor workshop conditions

plenty of bullying
Pros
Cons
all the above
Stuck in the past with a great need to adapt.
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Osborne Park WA15 November 2017
Not everyone will have the same experience working for this company, and it will depend on the dealership and team you are a part of. Being a younger, inexperienced Business Manager, I believe I should have been supported further then the training we received upon starting with AHG. After extending my traineeship (by another 3 months!) due to not being able to find a placement for me, I was finally placed in a dealership where I could excel, but due to the 'dealership politics' I was shuffled to another yard, and had to rebuild relationships with new staff.

AHG make the job much HARDER then it needs to be, which then creates a snowball effect by creating unnecessary stress, which effects your performance. The cycle continues until; instead of being guided in the best way to achieving your targets, they're dumped and moved onto another yard, without receiving a chance to prove oneself again.

AHG destroyed any passion I once had for the finance industry by overworking, under appreciating, under paying, constant criticism, l and not supporting one of the most valuable, and important staff members in the dealership.

With some big changes destined for the Automotive Finance sector, I believe AHG one day, again, be a great company to work for, but they have been stuck in the past for a long time, and it's time they learn to adapt to the changes, and treat (and pay) their BM's for ALL their hard work, not just hitting unrealistic targets.

If you are hard nosed, tough skin and enjoy a high pressure and faced paced environment, you will love working for AHG, as long as
  more... you are prepared to be chewed up, spit out, and mistreated by the higher ups. They will promise you the world, but don't be surprised when you're looking at an atlas by the end of the month and your commission doesn't look right  less
Pros
Car & Fuel Allowance, Industry Leaders in Sales
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, Unnecessary hours, unfair pay structure
Australia's Largest Motoring Group
Customer Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA3 June 2017
Every employee is treated like a number rather then a person.
The only major benefit is the Christmas Adventure World Party (WA Only).
Staff purchases on cars not that great.
A lot of reporting to be done for little improvement.
Pros
Automotive Discounts
Cons
Constant Reporting
Love where I work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Dandenong VIC18 February 2017
I love my role however the negative environment that I am in has put a stop to me afvancing both professionally and personally.
They provide opportunity due to their size.
B2B Sales/Negotiation (Former Employee) –  Perth WA13 November 2016
A large Automotive company that offers an unparalleled number of positions and opportunities. A good company if you are seeking stability and long term prospects. Because of their size, you can tend to get 'lost' in the system and begin to feel you are just a number on their payroll.
Great People, Great Place
Project Manager Project MaaX (Current Employee) –  Perth22 October 2015
A warm and welcoming organisation that is undergoing considerable change and also attempting to upgrade their internal systems to enable future growth.

Facing challenges from other operators in the business but has the leadership and personnel to be successful
Pros
Fantastic onsite canteen
Cons
identify a clients needs, every customers needs are tailored, the customer satisfaction is key
Sales,Trainer, 2IC,Manager (Current Employee) –  Perth, WA27 July 2015
Great working enviorment training available to help you maximise your protential and growth within the company, not a place for those who can't work within a competitive team
Pros
Great earning protental