Automotive Holdings Group (AHG)
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Automotive Holdings Group (AHG) Employee Reviews

Australia21 reviews
Most help that I’ve got at my work was from an immigrant workmate.
You must be very skilled otherwise you will be in the check out list.

You also need to make good relationships with management.

To be successful and stay long time there you should be very skilled, hard worker and fast working person and not to be very proud of yourself.
Pros
Get payed on time
Cons
No skill improvement, fast peace, stressful
AHG, is small team of bussiness managed by a well experienced run corporation to achieve financial goals for stock holders, investors, principle business runners and staff acquired for company day to day operations
Pros
securities
Relaxed environment, enjoyed going to work each day.
Some days can get a bit hectic but always a laugh in the offices

Great to learn new skills and have a lot assistance when need help
Your treated as a replaceable number and given no respect, bullying and harassment is a daily occurrence with absolutely no support from managers or HR! I would not recommend working here to anyone based on the working environment alone let alone everything else.
I can only comment on the dealerships in which i worked it's like all jobs you have stressful days but i enjoyed my job and liked the people i worked with.
Overall its a good company to work for
This is an average workplace, the call centre still needs work but there are incentives in place. The main concern is the advancement opportunities, there is supposed to be room to grow but it appears that this is all hearsay.
I worked as new car salesman in a dealership before AHG took over. It was like being in a war ,cut throat selling and no respect. When AHG took over it changed it all.
Detailing cars for car sales in wangara was an experience, mostly enjoyed being sorrounded by positive and active sorrounding. I got the chance to communicate in with other company's in relating to sales and administration, I have taken the advise for future reference
While change can sometimes be good, this organisation was going through so much growth it was hard to keep up with the changes. Culturally, and process/practice wise, AHG operated like a small family company, which was chaotic for the size AHG was at the time, with continuous growth. Everything was on the fly, zero constituency.
Pros
Opportunity to learn a lot of things. Never got bored.
Cons
So much work to do, there were never enough hours in a day to play catch up to prepare for the exponential growth.
Great development/career progression and team.
Great team culture.

Great opportunities.

Great autonomy and ownership given.

Great managers.

Fast paced environment.
Team Leaders have no training, rules change constantly. Good for a couple of people but not others to have to follow them. All the favourites override rules as they are friends with bosses. Duties constantly change dont know whether your Arthur or Martha. Work hard to get target every month, not appreciated or rewarded for your efforts. Bonus is pitiful for the work you do. One team leader writes than instead of then shows the intellect. Have no clue which people should do what with their strengths and weaknesses. Another team leader just eats and eats and becomes a Sargent walking up and down the room even though she may not be the supervisor of that group. FREEZE on putting on more staff because The highest boss is the 29th highest paid in WA $2 million per annum salary what a joke! meanwhile the plebs work hard to get pitiful wage and be pushed to breaking point. Definitely not worth the blood, sweat and tears
Pros
Wow fresh fruit on Mondays
Cons
Plenty they con customer to buy Customer Care plan thats worth nothing the paper is written on
Working as a temp for Bowman Recruitment for 3 different departments over a 15 month period allowed me to associate with a lot of staff and assist where required. A typical day was very full on and busy especially in Customer Relations. The job location was local and on site parking was offered which was a bonus.
Pros
Local
Very unorganised place to work the managers are very disrespectful very bad workplace culture no team environment would not recommend working for AHG aka Zupps
Not what was told there was no training no opportunity to grow.

Salary was a joke.

Also commission where not what I was told but had no choice to accept it as I had to feed my family
no mental health support

peer pressure from management and bean counters so that the department in the dealership can make a buck and the person making a sale and a commission up to 50%

Efficiency rates

Poor pay rate (they pay the award rate personally being a dealership they should pay above the award)

High stress levels

Constant staff leaving and many who were great techs

Unsafe hoists

Non existent management support

Old workshop

Little or no training

No benefits

No communication from head office or management

Expectation of knowing everything

Poor workshop conditions

plenty of bullying
Pros
Cons
all the above
Not everyone will have the same experience working for this company, and it will depend on the dealership and team you are a part of. Being a younger, inexperienced Business Manager, I believe I should have been supported further then the training we received upon starting with AHG. After extending my traineeship (by another 3 months!) due to not being able to find a placement for me, I was finally placed in a dealership where I could excel, but due to the 'dealership politics' I was shuffled to another yard, and had to rebuild relationships with new staff.

AHG make the job much HARDER then it needs to be, which then creates a snowball effect by creating unnecessary stress, which effects your performance. The cycle continues until; instead of being guided in the best way to achieving your targets, they're dumped and moved onto another yard, without receiving a chance to prove oneself again.

AHG destroyed any passion I once had for the finance industry by overworking, under appreciating, under paying, constant criticism, l and not supporting one of the most valuable, and important staff members in the dealership.

With some big changes destined for the Automotive Finance sector, I believe AHG one day, again, be a great company to work for, but they have been stuck in the past for a long time, and it's time they learn to adapt to the changes, and treat (and pay) their BM's for ALL their hard work, not just hitting unrealistic targets.

If you are hard nosed, tough skin and enjoy a high pressure and faced paced environment, you will love working for AHG, as long as
 - more...
Pros
Car & Fuel Allowance, Industry Leaders in Sales
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, Unnecessary hours, unfair pay structure
Every employee is treated like a number rather then a person.
The only major benefit is the Christmas Adventure World Party (WA Only).

Staff purchases on cars not that great.

A lot of reporting to be done for little improvement.
Pros
Automotive Discounts
Cons
Constant Reporting
I love my role however the negative environment that I am in has put a stop to me afvancing both professionally and personally.
A large Automotive company that offers an unparalleled number of positions and opportunities. A good company if you are seeking stability and long term prospects. Because of their size, you can tend to get 'lost' in the system and begin to feel you are just a number on their payroll.
A warm and welcoming organisation that is undergoing considerable change and also attempting to upgrade their internal systems to enable future growth.

Facing challenges from other operators in the business but has the leadership and personnel to be successful
Pros
Fantastic onsite canteen
Cons
Great working enviorment training available to help you maximise your protential and growth within the company, not a place for those who can't work within a competitive team
Pros
Great earning protental