Avanade
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Avanade Management reviews

Clear
3.4Work–Life Balance

An introduction to the Azure cloud experience with many draw backs

Disclaimer: I cannot speak on all of Avanade, as I was only part of a small Microsoft project, however, this is my experience. The job description versus the actual job was so completely different that I would have not accepted the job If I have known. The position was described as an Azure administrator when in reality you do very little of the actual work - instead, a developer would remote in and use your credentials to do the work as you watched to make sure the Azure Key Vault, storage keys, and passwords were not breached. Yes, it does require some knowledge of scripting to make sure that the script would not pull from the Key Vault but not much else was needed. Management was also poor for this contract, one was always missing, another not knowing what to do and the technical lead was so overworked they could not make time to help where the others lacked.

Pros

Azure experience; good communication among peers

Cons

Short lunch periods; poor management; improper job description

Società dinamica, stimolante e all'avanguardia

Lavorando in Avanade sono a contatto con le più grandi aziende nazionali e internazionali sempre sulla "cresta" dell'ultima tecnologia. Inoltre l' azienda prevede percorsi formativi mirati, flessibilità sul lavoro per bilanciamento lavoro-famiglia ed essendo strutturata ad ogni livello, è in costante mutamento per migliorare l'esperienza dei dipendenti e dei propri clienti. Sono veramente entusiasta di far parte di questa grande famiglia.

Pros

Benefits, possibilità di formazione e di esprimersi attraverso le proprie capacità

Cons

Come ogni azienda e/o grande sistema, c'è sempre qualcosa da migliorare. Se fatto presente, ogni osservazione viene subito presa in considerazione e analizzata per miglioramento.

Ambiente di lavoro stressante e confusionario

Come per ogni società di consulenza anche in Avanade si tende a sfruttare le figure junior. Si sente l'appartenenza ad Accenture e quindi almeno apparentemente sembra inizialmente di lavorare in un ambiente di un certo livello, ma la realtà è che le attività svolte sono spesso alienanti e poco stimolanti intellettualmente. Se siete neolaureati e non trovate altro va bene, ma se potete scegliere state alla larga.

Pros

buoni pasto

Cons

management poco professionale e disorganizzato

Really good at pretending they care

The projects were awful. Very boring. They make analysts do anything and everything with zero regard for what they were promised or what their career goals are.

Pros

Training opportunity, easy to move up

Cons

Fake diversity efforts, seniority matters

Ambiente stressante, management

mobbing e pressioni continue da parte dei manager. Aspettatevi insulti, diffamazione e umiliazioni sopratutto quando le cose non vanno bene.

Pros

Buoni pasto

Cons

pause non concesse, management molto aggressivo nelle risposte

They don’t like opinions

Culture stinks. Say something they don’t agree with and they fire you. Nothing else to say. I think they need a reality check. They are no Microsoft.

A company had set standards it's mission statement

A typical day composing my skills to all and allows me to strive continually and set forth good will and carry set standards. If a management role was put in front my standards would carry on. To me culture isn't engraved but perhaps spread by company endeavors.

Pros

Free luches Excercise

Cons

Health Care, 401k

Terrible company to work for.

Upper Management does NOT like employees being mentors. If you like to be a slave, then work for them. They do not punish people who are slackers and do not show up for work on time, or show substandard work, but if you excel at the job, become a leader, and mentor others, you will be kicked out sooner than you can say WOHA!

Toxic environment. Competitive. 24/7 work with leadership that is incompetent - particularly HR.

Our CHRO is completely incompetent and has an "old boys network." He rewards mediocrity and has no understanding of his field. He cares about being liked - especially by men.

Very ineffective and dysfunctional organization

The lack of leadership and infighting is unbelievable. Extremely poorly run business. Very heavy on bureaucracy, procedures and approvals... nothing happens expeditiously. Lots of backstabbing and disloyalty.

Pros

Cons

No leadership

Lavoro stressante e senza gestione

Ho lavorato per avanade e ho notato che la gestione dei dipendenti si basa pesantemente dai clienti.

Don't do it, it's not worth!

Honestly this company is a joke. The interview is easy, and they will probably offer anyone a job, but that's because they will let you go in a minute. So, if you have a full-time permanent job, please do not leave it for this company. All their job is project based, and they rarely have enough project, so they are constantly hiring and letting people go, like it means nothing to them. And yes, they will lie to you and say, if there's no project you can "go on the bench and learn" that's BS, once you go on the bench, you are as good as out the door. And even if you do get another project, you must interview for the project with every other person on the bench, these projects have no clear guideline on its requirements. So, most of the time, projects are not assigned based on skills, but based on friendship. Their management clearly have no clue what they are doing and constantly mismanaged their budget. If you want a job that offers zero job security and where you will constantly be interviewing for your position, then be my guest. Trying to save you a lot of time and grief. I can't believe I left a very good secured job for this joke of a company. Lesson well learnt.

Environnement riche, accueillant et actif

AVANADE saura vous accueillir comme il se doit. Soyez vous-même et vous serez intégré dans cette grande entreprise qui paraît familiale. Différents pôles sont à promouvoir, et différentes missions sont à rejoindre ! Un environnement accueillant et libre, des collègues amicaux et bienveillant, une politique et vie d'entreprise adapté.

Pros

Repas remboursé à 5.2 / jour | Mutuelle | PE | Opportunités de missions | Extends Benefits

Cons

Missions chez le client, parfois loin de chez soit !

Blacks should not work there.

It was clear that the company was only about the advancement of white people. Whites got promotions and blacks went to training. There was also a very patriachal culture.

Pros

technology

Cons

White priviledge, Patriachy

Environnement stressant

constamment mis sous pression travail d'équipe quasi inexistant pour les métiers support

Competitive and stressful workplace

At Avanade Company, you are only a number, not a person.The Human Resources are awful, the workplace is not concerned about the health of the people. For example, there was no ergomomic chairs and tables, many people of my age having backpain. Talking of age, at Avanade if you are next to 40's, you are out. They not respect your experience, and if you get a sick, they will forget your work and summarily fire you with no health assistance.

Pros

Free courses of IT, good for begginers of career.

Cons

Healthcare, ergonômic workplace, unfairy goals, no time dispended to do the courses, unloyal managers, excessive overtime

Awful

Terrible WLB, stressful, too much red tape, too many stupid competitions with other Avanade countries, couldn't wait to leave, arrogant board, terrible team

Official response from Avanade

8 June 2020
Hi there, We're sorry to hear this. At Avanade, we endeavour to take all feedback onboard and wonder if you could send us a message here https://www.avanade.com/en-gb/contact so we can discuss your experience in more detail. We look forward to hearing from you. The Team at Avanade

Gezellige werkomgeving maar belangrijk om je grenzen aan te geven

Avanade is voor mij gezellig, afwisselend en er zijn veel trainingsmogelijkheden. Als je aangeeft dat je iets nieuws wil gaan doen binnen je werk, wordt daar de ruimte voor gegeven. 'Nee dat kan niet' of 'omdat we altijd al zo doen' past niet bij Avanade. Als het maar niet ten koste gaat van de chargeability, want dat is het belangrijkste. Nadeel aan Avanade (en misschien wel bij meer consultancy bedrijven) is de hoge werkdruk en lange werkdagen. Lange reistijden, 's avonds en in het weekend werken zijn geen zeldzaamheid. Er heerst een cultuur dat druk bezig zijn met werk positief is en iedereen kent wel een paar collega's die een burn-out (gehad) hebben. Belangrijk is dat je je eigen grenzen kent en aangeeft. Als je je grenzen aangeeft, wordt er goed geluisterd en naar mogelijkheden gekeken. Om je eigen grenzen te ontdekken zijn er goede hulpmiddelen als coaches, work-life balance sessies en soft skill trainingen.

Pros

Trainingsmogelijkheden, afwisselend

Cons

Slechte work-life balance

Official response from Avanade

3 December 2019
Dank voor je mooie review. Wat betreft de work-life balance, dat is inderdaad een uitdaging in dit vakgebied. Het lukt helaas niet altijd om een burnout te voorkomen. We proberen zoals je ook beschrijft op veel manieren te zorgen dat mensen zelf de juiste tools en middelen krijgen om een balans te vinden. En we blijven kijken naar hoe we de begeleiding en het aanbod qua hulpmiddelen kunnen verbeteren.

Good Experience!

Good Experience, the management was great, they really back there Recruiters. The process changed a few times, but it was a good experience no the less.

Avanade tries to be something it's not

After the last of the founders left, the company wanted to become a full consulting company rather than a purely technical subcontractor to it's parent Accenture. It would have been a great idea because since Accenture controlled and the engagements, Avanade employees were generally "the help" I never saw and SOW or any other project documentation during my tenure, and most communication was purely verbal without documentation which led to many misunderstandings. When Avanade attempted to become more independent, they staffed up with a lot of new management employees who were inadequate for the task. In particular, they had no sales staff capable of supporting the additional overhead. Lots of good people were lost in the aftermath. Avanade is a purely technical shop, and that is the only attribute valued. Senior personnel engage in endless meetings trying to demonstrate pure technical expertise over minor points not relevant to getting the job done.

Pros

They provided for my family for five years for which I am thankful.

Cons

They place expedience above truth and do not support employees

Das Unternehmen macht mir ohne Wörter

Für Projektleiter ist Perfekt. Für Entwickler ist Sklaverei.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avanade. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Avanade