Aveo
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Aveo Employee Reviews

I enjoyed my time working for aveo, there were always challenges and different experiences. The time restrictions and constant changing of management was interesting
Working hours are the standard 9-5 and finish an hour early on a friday for drinks and team building. Lovely Manager and HR team that make a great workplace culture.
Pros
Free drinks on a Friday
Cons
The office is pretty cold (air con)
It was a friendly environment to work in but very stressful because of management problems in Company’s performance to look after workers seems to push workers to hard to fast
Pros
Nice Residents
Cons
Stressful working
Top heavy in management.Run down premises to work in with insufficient equipment. High turnover of staff especially managers. No teabreaks and lunch break only if you have timr
Pros
Regular hours
Cons
Sites run with minimal staff. Poor communication. Many time wasting repetitive courses.
The management of the department is well productive, reliable, welcoming environment. on the other hand, staff were very supportive in terms of direction, team-work, friendly and respectful to others.
Not the best company to work for. States they are an equal opportunity company but I was treated unfairly and I felt uncomfortable around the group manager (As I am a woman married to another woman made it difficult for the group manager to adjust around me)
I loved working at Aveo, friendly staff and management. Residents was good to work with, loved being around them You can get job done easily when you can work as a team Communication is vital in this position
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Not enough staff on shifts
Helped consultant in sales of apartments, units by showing potential clients around, taking details and generally looking after administrative work. Potentially a weekend position.
Wasn’t even notifed of losing my job. No respect for workers with families or disabilities. Looking deeper into my contract they get away with poor job security by making you sign a shift by shift employment contract.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Aveo?
State of the art facilities, a joy to work in such a beautiful facility, with modern technology. Residents are always appreciative of staff engagement and assistance.
a good job but i had trouble managing the different workplaces and difficulties dealing with the clients they had, it might be better for others i might have just not been suited to it.
I worked front line reception dealing with daily with the residents of Aveo, They were a joy to deal with there stories of there past life and what they are expecting now in there lives. I learnt having compassion and listening wasn't the only thing they needed, they needed to feel that they were loved and that they could count on us as the people they had to deal with in there existence every day. my co-workers had there daily duties to do, and interaction was mostly with residents. The hardest part of the job was when a resident passed away. The most enjoyable part of my the job was when I could help a resident and give compassion and listen to them when they needed me too and see them smile
Pros
enjoying the residents
Cons
not enough to do
As the Clinical Care Manager no day is the same so there is no typical day. I mix clinical care with mentoring staff, dealing with families to ensure excellence in care, education and medication management. Management at the facility and in the head office are supportive, dedicated to quality, supportive and believe in open communication whevever possible. Our team of nurses and carers are resident focused, eager to learn and team orientated. The hardest part of the job but also the most rewarding is palliative care. It is hard to watch someone die but knowing that my team and I have contributed to a resident's dignified and peaceful death is extremely satisfying. Interacting with the residents on a daily basis is the absolutely best part of my job.
I enjoy working with senior people as they have lovely attitudes and are nice people. I help the chef to plate up meals and dessert we work well in team or on own
Pros
people lovely
Cons
hours
I am looking for a rewarding work place role. I have relevant qualifications in Aged Care. A good understanding of ACFI and Aged Care standards. I have an up to date police check. I hold a CPR certificate. I work well in a team, as well as alone. I have a great ability towards customer service and have a great understanding and ability to listen to people. My strength is strong, and I radiate good vibes and a genuine work place presence is always shown with full commitment.