Avis Budget Group Employee Reviews

Found 41 reviews matching the search See all 2,608 reviews
Fun environment
Rental Sales Agent - Pitt Street (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW9 January 2019
Avis is a fun place to work and it can be very busy at times. You get to meet all sorts of different people from around the world and experience driving nice new cars.
Pros
cars
Cons
salary
Expect lot of hours
Agency Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 November 2018
Management expects you to be at work at least six days a week as the Agency commission is so low that you cannot afford to hire people. This role is a multi skilled role, one person doing all the jobs to run an agency
muy buen ambiente de trabajo
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Australia10 January 2019
He trabajado en esta empresa por casi 4 años, me encanta la cultura y flexibilidad de la empresa así como la posibilidad de promoción.
Me marché de la empresa simplemente para cambiar y reinventarme.
Brisbane Airport worst place
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Brisbane Airport QLD1 January 2019
Never work for Avis Budget I work at the Brisbane Airport location - poorly managed and run

Never any fleet or correct fleet.

Technology doesn’t work.

Rip customers off with high priced excess reduction
Pros
Nice workmates - mostly
Cons
A perfect work place for me.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 August 2018
Working for Avis in Australia is my privilege for life. i have worked for many other companies but never worked in that environment ever. Will miss you Avis Australia.
Fun and busy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 May 2018
Sydney Airport (Domestic and International)
Fun and busy environment.

The best part of the job was meeting and greeting people from all of the world.

The hardest part of the job was the long hours (shift work)
Very simple work but jovial team members
DETAILER/DRIVER/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Airport QLD4 February 2017
Simple, monotonous work with little advancement opportunities.
Good benefits through the company for when you travel domestically or internationally.
Management is hit or miss.
Staff are friendly but know they are going nowhere so are generally lack luster to put hard work in.
Sitting around during slow season, sweating profusely during holiday season.
Pros
Lots of breaks, penalty rates are impressive.
Cons
Boring, monotonous, unfulfilling duties.
high stress but great team to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Geelong VIC28 May 2018
the position comes with high demands and stress. the hours are not great for family life and returning to work after family life was next to impossible. there was zero flexibility
Productive and Efficient
Rental Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Airport VIC1 April 2018
We are challenged in this job to win competitions and strive to be our best to not only help ourselves but our company and the people we with and work for. Management is always there to end a hand when needed and will support in any way they can.
Pros
bonuses every month
Cons
shiftwork
fun casual work environment
Vehicle Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Australia9 May 2018
Hard working environment and hours but a great job that is pretty mindless in execution. International co workers and international customers. Fast paced environment but everyone is laid back and friendly
Good workplace.
Workshop Foreman (Former Employee) –  Queensland5 April 2018
This was a nice workplace with very nice people that worked for me. a Lot of promises was made to us and that was it. I also took this job on promises made and not met.
Good company to work for. Looking for a change of career owing to my maturity, skills, experience, knowledge and excellent customer service skills.
Logistics Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 January 2018
Good company to work for. Looking for a change of career owing to my age, vast knowledge, skills, experience and Excellent Customer Service Skills. Was happy in my work.
Great place to learn, great management,
Vehicle Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Perth WA20 March 2018
I am really thankful to Avis, before I started I did not know anything about car wash, car rental, and car maintenance. Today, I am able to understand all the process of this important company.
fun workplace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wagga Wagga NSW7 March 2018
amazing as, loved it wasn't bad at all great people with a fun atmosphere, would definitely suggest people to work here because its a great place to work
Pros
great people
Cons
nothing
Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Driver NT6 March 2018
My job on Avis was simple but very busy, I used to work at international airport In Perth driving dirty cars to the wash bay at Domestic airport bringing a clean ones back to the international airport.
Some great people work here but be prepared for grief due to poor management
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Nsw24 February 2018
Interesting job, lot more to it than you think. Very poor pay for whats expected. Company has a hopeless business model. Forecasting is hopeless, too reactive, not proactive. Current manager at this location is arrogant and so far out of his depth, the place would fall apart without his staff.4 day week is awesome though. Like all service industries, some lovely customers but some who think they should be given limos and a driver...pfft.
Pros
Good people, good roster
Cons
Dreadful pay, too high expectations for the renumeration
First cars rental company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Drôme30 January 2018
Agreements & quotations completion, customer reception, telephone helpline, products & services sales, drafting reports, retaining customers, vehicle preparation, regulatory compliance
stressful
mechanic motor (Former Employee) –  Hobart TAS17 October 2017
very stressful no help from management , no support when needed, at times the workload was unrealistic for the number of staff , a very high turnover of staff and different Management quite often all with a different sense of direction .
fun place to work
Corporate Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mascot, NSW5 June 2013
A typical day at work was taking a large volume of calls in relation to car hire in Australia and overseas also took reservations for car hire via email and fax. While working in the corporate car rentals for Avis as a account manager I made numerous outbound phone calls to our corporate clients to touch base and to see if they required any additional information relating to their car hire needs.
In the different roles I had at Avis I learnt how to deal with all walks of life from the holidaying customer to the corporate customer.
Management at Avis was friendly and helpful.
My co-workers there were great to work with. They ranged from university students who worked there to support them while studying to people who worked there as a career. This diverse range of co-worker made it an enjoyable time for me while at Avis.
The hardest part of my job at Avis was having to advise customers that there were no cars available if there wasn't.
The most enjoyable part of my job at Avis was the diverse range of co-workers I worked with
Pros
great incentives
Cons
Had to work on a Sunday
a good place to work
Vehicle Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide Airport SA14 June 2017
at this company I cleaned and ferried cars management at this branch were good and I enjoyed my time at this company since leaving I have refered a few people to this company who were seeking employment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avis Budget Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Avis Budget Group Reviews by Location