Avivo Employee Reviews

Very supportive work environment
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Geraldton WA21 May 2019
My job at Avivo was one of the best jobs I have had. The organisation as a whole has a very strong investment in staff wellbeing and they are great at recognising personal strengths in their employees. I have witnessed them support both clients and staff through some very difficult times and would not hesitate in recommending Avivo to friends and family for support services or employment. It's a great team environment where everyone cares for each other and going to work is a pleasure. I have now moved on due to personal commitments.
Pros
The people
Cons
average pay
pay rates are pathetic
employee (Former Employee) –  Perth WA20 March 2019
Hours can drop dramatically and instantly overnight. not good for anyone who has bills or rent to pay. poor penalty rates within the industry. weekend shifts not worth it as only a few dollars more than day shift compared to the double time on Sundays and 1.5 Saturdays with all other providers. Poor management . no communication from coordinators ie ignored emails.
Pros
fellow collegues
Cons
poor pay and hours and management
its great
Support worker (Current Employee) –  Jandakot WA17 September 2018
i love my job its very rewarding have now been with Avivo for 3 1/2 years and hopefully many more.
it can be a challenge at times but you just have to think what would be the problem if you overstepped boundaries and the repercussions from this as you might work alone but you work as a team.
so you need to know that the team is there for you at all times
over my times I've been in trouble on several occasions for over stepping boundaries which can be quite difficult as there not written in stone and you have to just beware of this
my team facilitator has been really good in showing and helping me grow to overcome some of the things that i wasn't sure or understood as i felt i was doing the right thing but as she would explain if you are that kind and giving the customer will expect the same from all the staff in which i wouldn't have thought of
Pros
working own your own
Cons
boundaries
Stay clear of this company
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hills23 August 2018
I recently left working for this company after one year
And would advice others not to work here, there is a huge communication issue , facilitators , supervisors and office staff can take hours if not days to get back to you, making you feel worthless.
Work goes up and down, and it appears if your buddys with the supervisors you get lots of work if not your lucky to get a few hours each week.
The care given to customers on a regular basis is
Appalling, staff clearly not trained or no previous experience.
Customers have not been told that their support worker can not make a shift and are left waiting for them.. others are not informed that a buddy shift is to take place in their home and a stranger will be coming
I would stay clear of this company...
Pros
Did meet a few nice staff, and all my customers were lovely
Cons
Read above
very negative culture
support worker (Former Employee) –  Geraldton WA1 August 2018
workplace bullying is the norm from management during recent years, very high turn over of staff and positions advertised is evident of this. Mission statement and stated values are not in alignment with the way staff and customers are treated at all. Negative repercussions when staff question their rights or refuse to comply with repeated unreasonable requests from management.
Pros
great clients
Cons
terrible management
Double Standards
Previous Worker (Former Employee) –  Perth WA19 April 2018
This company works with a double standards agenda, those in management are hypocrites. They have no problem (theoretically) throwing the workers under the bus to cover up their blunders. This creates an unhealthy environment for workers to highlight any concerns which may discredit those in leadership for fear of having their hours reduced . The culture of bullying and intimidation is rife and it flows from the top down.
Pros
Lots of training opportunities
Cons
Bullying & backstabbing
productive fun workplace
Support worker (Current Employee) –  Avivo5 April 2018
Customer service
teamwork
problem solving
cash handling

Great friendly, productive team. Great experience, Great Company.
I learnt a lot here and carry many skill with me for the future.
Good $ not a great enviroment
Worker (Former Employee) –  Perth WA3 April 2018
Great money but not a great company to work for, long hours, great expentance to drop and run with out much prior notice, no sence of achievement. Managemt send you through training but not the right sorts
Pros
The pay
Cons
Listed above
Great place to work. Staff there are amazing!
Community Service Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Osborne Park WA19 December 2017
Great, fun place to work. Can be demanding but the staff there are amazing and supportive. Plenty of training given and good salary. Is a place you can definitely progress and climb up the ladder.
Pros
Salary benefits
Cons
Can be demanding at times
Too much political correctness
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Perth WA18 December 2017
A bit hypocritical views about people. Customers are treated one way, employees in a different one. They have no idea of business management and thats why there are so many people working just in the administrative area.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Very flexible
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Perth WA28 October 2017
Liked working here but ready to move on. Very supportive management. Takes a lot of patience to work in the mental health industry but found myself comfortable in this environment, helping people came naturally to me.
Unimpressed
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Geraldton WA7 December 2016
Avivo does not warn their employees about clients with Chronic Infectious Diseases, such as HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis, and Multi Drug Resistant Strain Bacteria. The worst company I have ever been employed by. Avivo seems to be more concerned about their profits than the Safety, and Wellbeing of their clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avivo. Our community is ready to answer.