AWX Recruitment Employee Reviews

Kept me busy
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD4 April 2019
Always had work for me a lot of different types of work and wasn't and ongoing positions always paid weekly and if any pay issues were sorted quickly.
excelent
MR Driver, Storeperson (Former Employee) –  Heatherbrae NSW19 March 2019
it was awe some as I do not have anything negative to say I do not judge any one at all or give bad reports I was very happt as a employee and found the staff great
Pros
staff
Cons
nil
wrapping
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Broadmeadows VIC5 March 2019
I work in the warehouse it's location in broadmedowns, I work 5 days a week. They let me learner how to drive electric pallet and wrapping the pallet.
Pros
Sometime we have free lunch
Cons
8 hours a day
Seasonally controlled
Labourer (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD20 February 2019
Short term assignments, allows for casual assignments that have potential for full time work after 6 months. I was indoctrinated on commercial job sites throughout the MortonBay region. Most days I was placed on sites that filled roles to augment staff. My work was assigned by on site management. Sometimes in a team and some times I worked alone. Every day included a care of duty attitude with personal safety as well as care of tools and machinery.
My tasks included shackling & unshackling of equipment or tools on arrival with Prestart program documentation.
Implementing traffic control, hazard analysis, and daily planning.
Pros
Casual
Cons
Potential lack of work
Awx Laborer
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD9 January 2019
My role at AWX is a casual laborer doing casual construction jobs for company's, I mostly did landscaping and job site clean ups, I laid mulch and turf and planted tree and also did lawn maintenance.
1 Star Company
Machine Operator/Process Worker (Former Employee) –  Morningside QLD4 December 2018
Useless. Gave me a job and then granted me annual leave without pay, and upon return removed me from the roster. Have not since been called in for work and everytime I call and make myself known available they say no work vacancies but are constantly advertising online for work -incl food processing.
Pros
Short term employment
Incompitence
Labourer pipe layer (Current Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD4 July 2018
I find it funny that I always see AWX advertising for workers on Indeed or Seek but I'm on the books and currently have no work through them after last contract finished.
So why advertise for more employees when you have people on your books calling for work but you tell us your quiet. Can't organise a P up in a brewery
Pros
Not bad money when you do get work
Cons
Not enough work to support family.no holiday pay. No overtime work on flat rate for 10-11 hr days
it's hard work
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD12 June 2018
I like that it's out door's and is hard work, but it's not good when clientele is down because it put's me out work. but other than that it is great work.
Pros
good lunch breaks
Cons
repeditive strain on the body.
No care attitude towards workers
Forklift Driver/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD3 May 2018
Working for AWX is not a good idea. They use you then get rid of you. I was injured during my working days with them. So I did a compensation cliam and had my surgery. Now they don't want me to work for them. I have been calling for the past month but no answer and no guarantee of work. I strongly advice newbies not to work for AWX as what I've gone through is not a good experience.
Pros
No guarantee of continuity if you get injured working for AWX.
Cons
No long hours
If I was able to give less than one star, I would.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Kunda Park QLD19 March 2018
Management treat me and my co-workers with so little respect, compassion and consideration it is sickening. They are painfully incompetent at rostering and every-time I go into the main office I see at least half the people there on computers playing games or watching youtube videos instead of working, including when the rosters are already late that week. When the rosters are on time however, they are usually wrong and are constantly changed making it impossible to plan around.
Pros
absolutely nothing good can be said about this company
Cons
Working with these people is like taking a cheese-grater to the face every single day.
something different every day
GENERAL LABOURER (Former Employee) –  Kirrawee NSW 223215 March 2018
had loads of fun with these guys they are a labour hire company so a perfect place to try different roles and get to know what will suit you.

also good pay.
Labouring
Glencore Trainee (Former Employee) –  Mount Isa QLD11 July 2017
I thought that the hours were definitely great, this was a fantastic placement that I had received where I honestly never felt like I was working. This was definitely a position where this job never felt like a job due to the desire to actually want to work. Great experience.
Pros
Great hours, great money
Cons
Not enough work
Great workplace
Butcher (Former Employee) –  Murarrie QLD10 July 2017
You work hard great environment, get paid well, easy going people, friendly workplace, but you wont get an advancements they dont hire for fulltime everything is casual.
Not been paid
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD31 May 2017
Staff are very friendly and helpfull, just hard to get paid.. sent email but there needs to be a phone number.. not happy.. hope they fix it soon as have
Pros
Nice helpful staff
Cons
Not being paid
Learned alot about factory work and landscaping.
Drafting and project manager (Former Employee) –  Australia, Sunshine coast24 May 2017
Started at 6 in the morning then opened the office and containers and got guys that work under me in the gardens and creating gardens, and I drew most of it up in autocad and revit.
Pros
After hour rates
Constant work available
Landscape Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD9 April 2017
Good place and good people to work with always have a variety of work available and very quick to get you sorted .
Always available to help with any needs and very consistent with paying everyone on time
Pros
Good start and finish times
Cons
Pay rate can be a little low
Amazing place, friendly staff, always fun
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Newcastle NSW26 March 2017
Would recommend due to amazing staff and amazing help where and when you need it. Keeps you busy, Meal and drink breaks when needed, Gives tips and trick in the business to help you out.
Good labour hire to work for
Labrour (Current Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD7 March 2017
I started work with them back in July 2016 and just got comfortable with there work and have continued since looking to get into the mining sides of things
average work environment
General Labour / Driver / Operator (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD20 February 2017
hard to attain work
communication between the office and contractor not great
long lengths between work
not alot of hours on offer
safety/ inductions not always organised
Pros
learning new skills through contractors
Cons
very minimal work hours
Awx
Knife Hand (Former Employee) –  Cannon Hill QLD25 July 2016
Awx never paid me right always mess the pay up the only pro was the hours meant to get sign off on heaps of jobs but never happen