AWX Recruitment
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

AWX Recruitment Employee Reviews

Australia45 reviews
Very Welcoming Agency
Awesome crew to work with.
They are easy people to work with ,fast in hearing back for job offers if you dont walk on site the next day after your interview. They will look after you on site 100%.
Terrible company to work for.
Absolutely stay away from the Bundaberg office.Nobody who works there hardly know whats going on themselves.Very poorly managed.
If you knock back work,they will threaten you,if you don't take the job.

No work for you anymore....

I would advise to bypass awx bundaberg,for your own sanity.
Very helpful
I find it very comfortable to be working, great communication with the team. They make you feel welcome and special & help build confidence to achieving goals
Labour hire but have lots of work in different areas
Good for a job in multiple areas if you have no tickets yet. Just needed to have a good attitude and pass tests and they helped me get a good job with ongoing work too. hoping to have more hours per week but need to prove availablity though
Good company
Great company to work for salary was good, only issue was job security. Received regular calls from administration regarding, if I was liking the job etc.
good working team
the time I had with awx was good if I had a chance I would go back I only left as the contract ran out good supervisory team and very safety conscious
I worked with awx for about a year, it was never at the same job every day and you never new if you would be working the next day, if you had a sick day they wouldn't give you work for day's sometimes a few week's, so couldn't really support a family that well.
Machine Operator/Packer
Promised the earth but fail to deliver. Told would go permanent after 6 mths but when asked about it work started to get less and less until no call back.
Do not trust what you are told unless you are desperate for work.
Licences
Love working at this. Company great environment just too far too travel. Had been told if I'd wish to work back there I'm the future my job would.always be open
If you desperate for a job go for it
They will call you at any hour and give you little warning about upcoming work so be on your toes. You will receive little or no feedback. So far my experience this is a job where you fill a spot for about 2 weeks or so.
Kept me busy
Always had work for me a lot of different types of work and wasn't and ongoing positions always paid weekly and if any pay issues were sorted quickly.
excelent
it was awe some as I do not have anything negative to say I do not judge any one at all or give bad reports I was very happt as a employee and found the staff great
Pros
staff
Cons
nil
Seasonally controlled
Short term assignments, allows for casual assignments that have potential for full time work after 6 months. I was indoctrinated on commercial job sites throughout the MortonBay region. Most days I was placed on sites that filled roles to augment staff. My work was assigned by on site management. Sometimes in a team and some times I worked alone. Every day included a care of duty attitude with personal safety as well as care of tools and machinery.
My tasks included shackling & unshackling of equipment or tools on arrival with Prestart program documentation.

Implementing traffic control, hazard analysis, and daily planning.
Pros
Casual
Cons
Potential lack of work
Awx Laborer
My role at AWX is a casual laborer doing casual construction jobs for company's, I mostly did landscaping and job site clean ups, I laid mulch and turf and planted tree and also did lawn maintenance.
1 Star Company
Useless. Gave me a job and then granted me annual leave without pay, and upon return removed me from the roster. Have not since been called in for work and everytime I call and make myself known available they say no work vacancies but are constantly advertising online for work -incl food processing.
Pros
Short term employment
Incompitence
I find it funny that I always see AWX advertising for workers on Indeed or Seek but I'm on the books and currently have no work through them after last contract finished.
So why advertise for more employees when you have people on your books calling for work but you tell us your quiet. Can't organise a P up in a brewery
Pros
Not bad money when you do get work
Cons
Not enough work to support family.no holiday pay. No overtime work on flat rate for 10-11 hr days
it's hard work
I like that it's out door's and is hard work, but it's not good when clientele is down because it put's me out work. but other than that it is great work.
Pros
good lunch breaks
Cons
repeditive strain on the body.
No care attitude towards workers
Working for AWX is not a good idea. They use you then get rid of you. I was injured during my working days with them. So I did a compensation cliam and had my surgery. Now they don't want me to work for them. I have been calling for the past month but no answer and no guarantee of work. I strongly advice newbies not to work for AWX as what I've gone through is not a good experience.
Pros
No guarantee of continuity if you get injured working for AWX.
Cons
No long hours
If I was able to give less than one star, I would.
Management treat me and my co-workers with so little respect, compassion and consideration it is sickening. They are painfully incompetent at rostering and every-time I go into the main office I see at least half the people there on computers playing games or watching youtube videos instead of working, including when the rosters are already late that week. When the rosters are on time however, they are usually wrong and are constantly changed making it impossible to plan around.
Pros
absolutely nothing good can be said about this company
Cons
Working with these people is like taking a cheese-grater to the face every single day.
something different every day
had loads of fun with these guys they are a labour hire company so a perfect place to try different roles and get to know what will suit you.

also good pay.
Good people to work with.
The job was enjoyable i learnt a range of skills through it.
AWX has really good management they have always looked after me, I also developed a good relationship with my boss. A typical day at work would be to knuckle down until the task at hand is done. My job required me to endure a lot of physical work would be the only hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the work was working in different locations and meeting new people.

Over all i did like the job.