AWX Recruitment
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

AWX Recruitment Employee Reviews

Awesome crew to work with. They are easy people to work with ,fast in hearing back for job offers if you dont walk on site the next day after your interview. They will look after you on site 100%.
I am a University student and they work with me with the hours I can do. Good company lots of work if you want it. Make sure on your days off you have your phone with you for call in work
Pros
Easy going
Cons
Seasonal work
Absolutely stay away from the Bundaberg office.Nobody who works there hardly know whats going on themselves.Very poorly managed. If you knock back work,they will threaten you,if you don't take the job. No work for you anymore.... I would advise to bypass awx bundaberg,for your own sanity.
I find it very comfortable to be working, great communication with the team. They make you feel welcome and special & help build confidence to achieving goals
Good for a job in multiple areas if you have no tickets yet. Just needed to have a good attitude and pass tests and they helped me get a good job with ongoing work too. hoping to have more hours per week but need to prove availablity though
Great company to work for salary was good, only issue was job security. Received regular calls from administration regarding, if I was liking the job etc.
the time I had with awx was good if I had a chance I would go back I only left as the contract ran out good supervisory team and very safety conscious
I worked with awx for about a year, it was never at the same job every day and you never new if you would be working the next day, if you had a sick day they wouldn't give you work for day's sometimes a few week's, so couldn't really support a family that well.
Promised the earth but fail to deliver. Told would go permanent after 6 mths but when asked about it work started to get less and less until no call back. Do not trust what you are told unless you are desperate for work.
Love working at this. Company great environment just too far too travel. Had been told if I'd wish to work back there I'm the future my job would.always be open
They will call you at any hour and give you little warning about upcoming work so be on your toes. You will receive little or no feedback. So far my experience this is a job where you fill a spot for about 2 weeks or so.
Always had work for me a lot of different types of work and wasn't and ongoing positions always paid weekly and if any pay issues were sorted quickly.
it was awe some as I do not have anything negative to say I do not judge any one at all or give bad reports I was very happt as a employee and found the staff great
Pros
staff
Cons
nil
Short term assignments, allows for casual assignments that have potential for full time work after 6 months. I was indoctrinated on commercial job sites throughout the MortonBay region. Most days I was placed on sites that filled roles to augment staff. My work was assigned by on site management. Sometimes in a team and some times I worked alone. Every day included a care of duty attitude with personal safety as well as care of tools and machinery. My tasks included shackling & unshackling of equipment or tools on arrival with Prestart program documentation. Implementing traffic control, hazard analysis, and daily planning.
Pros
Casual
Cons
Potential lack of work
My role at AWX is a casual laborer doing casual construction jobs for company's, I mostly did landscaping and job site clean ups, I laid mulch and turf and planted tree and also did lawn maintenance.
Useless. Gave me a job and then granted me annual leave without pay, and upon return removed me from the roster. Have not since been called in for work and everytime I call and make myself known available they say no work vacancies but are constantly advertising online for work -incl food processing.
Pros
Short term employment
Cons
I find it funny that I always see AWX advertising for workers on Indeed or Seek but I'm on the books and currently have no work through them after last contract finished. So why advertise for more employees when you have people on your books calling for work but you tell us your quiet. Can't organise a P up in a brewery
Pros
Not bad money when you do get work
Cons
Not enough work to support family.no holiday pay. No overtime work on flat rate for 10-11 hr days
I like that it's out door's and is hard work, but it's not good when clientele is down because it put's me out work. but other than that it is great work.
Pros
good lunch breaks
Cons
repeditive strain on the body.
Working for AWX is not a good idea. They use you then get rid of you. I was injured during my working days with them. So I did a compensation cliam and had my surgery. Now they don't want me to work for them. I have been calling for the past month but no answer and no guarantee of work. I strongly advice newbies not to work for AWX as what I've gone through is not a good experience.
Pros
No guarantee of continuity if you get injured working for AWX.
Cons
No long hours
Management treat me and my co-workers with so little respect, compassion and consideration it is sickening. They are painfully incompetent at rostering and every-time I go into the main office I see at least half the people there on computers playing games or watching youtube videos instead of working, including when the rosters are already late that week. When the rosters are on time however, they are usually wrong and are constantly changed making it impossible to plan around.
Pros
absolutely nothing good can be said about this company
Cons
Working with these people is like taking a cheese-grater to the face every single day.
had loads of fun with these guys they are a labour hire company so a perfect place to try different roles and get to know what will suit you. also good pay.
  1. Employee Reviews