AWX Recruitment

Laborer19 reviews
Australia19 reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Good Team

The staff at AWX do their very best to make sure everyone in their employment have to work for the coming days/weeks/months.They are always there to do what is best for you as a worker and make sure you have all the necessary equipment and clothing you need to perform your duties.

Pros

excellent wages

Cons

Casual

not too hard

Good people to work for i guess it just depends on where you work, its not too easy not too hard i have definitely worked in factories that are a lot harder work

Pros

free lunch

Cons

Productive workplace with great people to work with

a typical day at work involves setting up and starting machinery, cleaning areas as needed, following supervisors instructions, pretty full on once you get going.I've learned all about how this plants run and how to help maintain it.management is friendly and willing to help.the hardest part of the job is the working in the sun or Unenjoyable weather, waiting on instructions if nothing to do.the most enjoyable part of the job is working with people I know and having something to do.

Pros

Work with people I know, hours not bad, lunch sometimes provided, training provided.

Cons

Need overalls, n more Work wear, as gets extremely greasy, an oily, and hard to clean after. only if weather permitting, not in rain.

Terrible company to work for.

Absolutely stay away from the Bundaberg office.Nobody who works there hardly know whats going on themselves.Very poorly managed. If you knock back work,they will threaten you,if you don't take the job. No work for you anymore.... I would advise to bypass awx bundaberg,for your own sanity.

Very helpful

I find it very comfortable to be working, great communication with the team. They make you feel welcome and special & help build confidence to achieving goals

Labour hire but have lots of work in different areas

Good for a job in multiple areas if you have no tickets yet. Just needed to have a good attitude and pass tests and they helped me get a good job with ongoing work too. hoping to have more hours per week but need to prove availablity though

Kept me busy

Always had work for me a lot of different types of work and wasn't and ongoing positions always paid weekly and if any pay issues were sorted quickly.

Seasonally controlled

Short term assignments, allows for casual assignments that have potential for full time work after 6 months. I was indoctrinated on commercial job sites throughout the MortonBay region. Most days I was placed on sites that filled roles to augment staff. My work was assigned by on site management. Sometimes in a team and some times I worked alone. Every day included a care of duty attitude with personal safety as well as care of tools and machinery. My tasks included shackling & unshackling of equipment or tools on arrival with Prestart program documentation. Implementing traffic control, hazard analysis, and daily planning.

Pros

Casual

Cons

Potential lack of work

Awx Laborer

My role at AWX is a casual laborer doing casual construction jobs for company's, I mostly did landscaping and job site clean ups, I laid mulch and turf and planted tree and also did lawn maintenance.

it's hard work

I like that it's out door's and is hard work, but it's not good when clientele is down because it put's me out work. but other than that it is great work.

Pros

good lunch breaks

Cons

repeditive strain on the body.

If I was able to give less than one star, I would.

Management treat me and my co-workers with so little respect, compassion and consideration it is sickening. They are painfully incompetent at rostering and every-time I go into the main office I see at least half the people there on computers playing games or watching youtube videos instead of working, including when the rosters are already late that week. When the rosters are on time however, they are usually wrong and are constantly changed making it impossible to plan around.

Pros

absolutely nothing good can be said about this company

Cons

Working with these people is like taking a cheese-grater to the face every single day.

something different every day

had loads of fun with these guys they are a labour hire company so a perfect place to try different roles and get to know what will suit you. also good pay.

Good people to work with.

The job was enjoyable i learnt a range of skills through it. AWX has really good management they have always looked after me, I also developed a good relationship with my boss. A typical day at work would be to knuckle down until the task at hand is done. My job required me to endure a lot of physical work would be the only hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the work was working in different locations and meeting new people. Over all i did like the job.

average work environment

hard to attain work communication between the office and contractor not great long lengths between work not alot of hours on offer safety/ inductions not always organised

Pros

learning new skills through contractors

Cons

very minimal work hours

productive and fun workplace

They are Really amazing at finding people work and at getting back to you if anything that you have specifically requested comes up.

Labour hire company who provided all PPE

I think they are a good company. Provided all of the required PPE, training and licences needed for the job. I learned many valuable traits when working in a environment as a team, others working nearby and how to work safe but sufficient. I learnt how to deal with hazards and unsafe behavior from my co-workers and most of all reporting "near misses". I enjoyed working as a laborer/operator as it has many different challenges through out the day.

labour hire

i learnt many different skills doing lots of different things for many different companies during my time at awx. including electricians labourer landscaper

Pros

job was always changing

Cons

no stability

labouring

Work all day, help everybody to do their jobs, learn new things in life that might help you then go home not knowing if you'll have work the following day.

Pros

work

Cons

no work

Great job while looking for permanent work

Labour hire companies are great while you are looking for work as the work is temporarily available and you get to learn new skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AWX Recruitment. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare AWX Recruitment with