Axalta Coating Systems Employee Reviews

Management has no accountability
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MI5 June 2019
Management uses employees as scapegoats for not doing their job. Forced overtime and unreal expectations--unless you have been there forever, then you don't work and can do what you want, getting paid way more than the employees that are working like crazy. Union needs to come into this plant!!
Pros
Good pay
buena empresa
Practicante de Desarrollo de Color R&D/OEM (Former Employee) –  Tlalnepantla, Méx.17 May 2019
Es una empresa con muchas áreas de crecimiento y buen ambiente laboral
Pros
Prestaciones
Cons
Administración de personal
Former Employee
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada3 May 2019
Company has potential but lack experienced people in key positions. Priorities change daily with very little consideration for the long term goals. Very reactive company with little consistency from day to day. Very high employee turnover rate. Pay and bonus structure changes monthly.
Pros
Good benefits and pension plan.
Cons
Micro Management..Very high employee turnover.
Great work as team
Warehouse forklift (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VA24 April 2019
Lot of busy work as team. Vision a lot around in warehouse most of time blind side in warehouse have to keep focus look around for safety. Must use safety glasses and also RX glasses safety must have EE safety shoe or boots no metal she or boots must have free spark static does of paints production safety reason. I love that place
Pros
Does have cafeteria breakfast and lunch good foods and snack too
Cons
Great benefits healthcare and dental and vison
Deplorable and a senior citizen version of the movie "Clueless"
Lobotomy recipient (Former Employee) –  Glen Mills, PA23 April 2019
This is by far one of the worst companies that I have ever had the misfortune of working for. The management are a bunch of 50-60 something year angry, arrogant individuals who use foul, derogative language during Skype meetings at their desk. The women are middle-aged women who are extremely identified by their closed, intimate circle of grey-haired friends who take great pride in talking behind anyone's back who doesn't vividly recall the 80s. I honestly couldn't wait to look at that building growing smaller, smaller in my rear view mirror. I was actually tempted to rip my rear view mirror off just so that I didn't have to have any lasting image of that place burned in my mind. DO NOT WORK THERE!!!!!
Pros
5pm you get to go home and drink as much alcohol needed to forget that place.
Cons
Your alarm clock goes off to go back to Hades
Buena empresa
Ejecutivo de Ventas (Current Employee) –  Ciudad de México, D. F.23 April 2019
Buena experencia y que me ayudó a crecer en el ámbito personal y profesional.
almacenista y montacarguista (Former Employee) –  Tlalnepantla, Méx.15 April 2019
Exelente ambiente de trabajo prestaciones superiores a la de la ley
Pros
Exelente empleo
Cons
Muy riesgos por solventes
Caring Individuals
Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA14 April 2019
Great experience, even went back the following summer. I got a lot of hands on experience and was able to take ownership of my own work. Learned a lot and I knew people genuinely cared.
Pros
Weekly Talks with Executives
Cons
Strict on Attire
job is not bad
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MI27 March 2019
started off as a great job until they cut overtime but overall this job is not that bad working at your own pace clean nice uniforms just no room to move up
Company will sometimes do nice things for employees, very safe environment
Filling machine operator (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VA26 March 2019
Poor management, very unfriendly HR people, will find out your life away from work and hold against you some have even been terminated using there outside life.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Work schedules and management
Good workplace
SOX Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mechelen4 March 2019
Axalta could have been incredible. After spinning off from the DuPont company, this place was doing well until private equity purchased the company and gutted it. Leadership was changed out to eliminate legacy DuPont employees...
Its ok if you can deal with the working conditions.
Fmt (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VA17 February 2019
Working here isn't bad. 12 hr shifts and rotating schedule just weren't for me. Hot hot hot always smells like petro vapors. Pay is great. Tight working quarters for lifting equipment.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Training contradictory to implemented procedures
Great Company
Regional Account Manager, East Coast (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA15 February 2019
I love the people I work with and the managers I work for. It really is a good company to work for and I think we have some really exciting things coming ahead of us.
Good co workers
Packer (Former Employee) –  Orrville, OH11 February 2019
The day you get hired on you get 6 sick days and 1 week of vacation time that's all paid. The management isn't the greatest but the hours aren't bad. If you want to have kids it's not a place to work because smelling all the solvents aren't good for you. I was fired and that still doesn't change how I feel about that job. They couldn't hire anyone else for a while.
Pros
Good Insurance
Puede mejorar
Operario de calidad (Former Employee) –  Cartagena, Bolívar2 February 2019
Puede mejorar y establecer mejores políticas para mantener una estabilidad
Remove higher paid experienced with lower paid outsoursed
SAP GLOBAL DATA ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Glen Mills, PA21 January 2019
While I was at the company, I saw many people let go for no specific reason. My conclusion was they were removing employees with the most service and experience and replacing them with younger people, less experience and for less pay. More than 10 people that moved from the previous company in the merge were let go and replaced. My job was ended and moved to a company in India but the explanation to me was "lack of work". There was no lack of work as I was busy 125% of the time. I worked with a global team and was available 24/7. Even though I was given a package and let go 6 months prior to my 40 year anniversary.
Pros
Cons
no recognition, no room for advancement, lack of management, high levels made decisions without consulting proper empls. not involving the proper team members.
Avoid
R & D Sen. Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX21 January 2019
This is a me first company and they never live up to the standards they expect from its employees.. It was truly a negative experience working for this company.
Pros
Great Natural Disaster Aide
Cons
Horrible Pay
Excelente ambiente y cultura laboral
Profesional de Apoyo (Former Employee) –  Cartagena, Bolívar21 January 2019
Excelente empresa con un clima laboral excepcional y una cultura basada en valores y respeto por la gente
fue un gran lugar donde aprendí muchísimo y crecí profesionalmente
Los gerentes siempre fueron buenos lideres y fue una administración de puertas abiertas.
Lo que mas me gusto de trabajar en esa gran empresa fue que me permitió crecer como profesional y cumplir algunos de mis objetivos personales
Pros
Tenia un buen programa de beneficios a empleados
Cons
No tengo ninguna en mente
its an ok place to work
Plant Operator / Powder, Resin and Solvent Mixer (Current Employee) –  Fridley, MN19 January 2019
Nice place fast pace working environment very safe nice people clean clean place Brand new building PPE is given to you Some over time weekends paid holidays
Pros
free lunches, Supervisor understands work life balance
Cons
Fun work place with a drive for improvement
Laboratory Technician II (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN15 January 2019
I've really enjoyed working for this company over the past year since they aquired my group. They have really given us the ability to grow our part of the business and has allowed for greater opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Axalta Coating Systems. Our community is ready to answer.