BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Employee Review

View all BAE Systems Applied Intelligence reviews

Big Mistake
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Southwark, Greater London2 April 2018
Never actually did the role I applied for (Java Developer). Resourcing will place staff anywhere to fill chargeable roles - even if the role is not even remotely related to the job you applied for and your career goals and aspirations. They will arrange for you to be placed on roles without you knowing until the last minute.

The progression system is pathetic. You have to apply for promotion when the review round comes. Your performance is based on project line managers who you may have never met and a career mentor who has never worked with you. Your performance rating is then moderated by senior management who also have never met you let alone see your involvement and contributions on projects. Colleagues have been rejected promotions due to their being too many people in the next grade up, which is completely irrelevant to a employees' performances and unfair to those who deserve promotions.

The work environment is not the best. The company uses hot desks, where some of the equipment (keyboards, mice, etc) are worn and filthy. Have to bring antibacterial wipes to clean the equipment before use.

Management varies, but most of management staff are awful. Project managers are often paid the most and contribute least to project and have no technical ability to make sensible/reasonable decisions, hence the mass redundancies last year. However this does not solve an overarching hierarchy problem within the company.

My colleagues and I have provided feedback on several occasions, only to find that it does not appear to progress anywhere and the company are either
  more... oblivious or deliberately ignorant.  less
Cons
Forced onto roles, no progression, poor management

Other BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Employee Reviews

A great place to develop yourself
Architect (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur17 July 2019
Chances will be given to you if you're keen to develop yourself in this company. However you'll need to have the initiative to pitch-in and maintain positive mindset and attitude within the work.
Pros
Opportunity
Benefits
good
EMPLOYEE (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur25 June 2019
Generally a friendly and positive environment. I’ve received support by HR before my on-boarding and the company made me feel like a valuable part of the business. During the first period after on-boarded I received sufficient time to get up to speed in learning my role. The location of the London office is excellent, the building overall is quite nice although is not very contemporary and there are nicer office around. I have been in client facing role at BAE S AI and particularly enjoyed the customer engagement and exposure. The culture allows to work from home when required and there is a good support for your work-life-balance.Your supervisor and executive can help u how to settle the problem.
Pros
Benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Our community is ready to answer.