BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, information technology solutions and customer support services.
BAE Systems offers the Australian Defence Force (ADF) and security customers total capability in vital areas such as through-life support, security, logistics and systems integration. As Australia's most capable defence supplier, their products and services are designed to give the ADF a real advantage by helping frontline personnel to do their jobs quickly, effectively and safely. For more than half a century,BAE Systems has been designing, integrating and maintaining systems for the ADF. They work hard to maximise Australian industry involvement in all of our projects and employ more than 6,000 people in urban, regional and remote locations across the country.
- Australia's largest defence company.
- More than 50 years of operations in Australia.
- Headquartered in Edinburgh Parks, South Australia.
-Major sites in Adelaide, Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle, Townswville and Nowra.
- Approximately 6,000 employees.
- Principal customer - Australian Defence Force
- Annual sales FY2010 AUD $1.8 billion. – less