BAE Systems logo
BAE Systems
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

BAE Systems

BAE Systems Employee Review

I worked for BAE for 12 years great place to work sad to see it come to an end

BAE has a great safety culture, the people are good to work with the company is a forward thinking company The conditions were fantastic, the pay was good,but sadly after 12 years here our contract has come to an end and i have been made redundant.

Pros

Four day working week

Cons

shift work

Same location

Great Company

Best company I have worked for, supportive culture of management which drives sustainability & continuation in a genuine attempt to find solutions and better ways of progressing current practices. (Not just a company with a few 'zero' slogans and dot point cardinal company values to recite)

Pros

Fantastic work/life balance & flexibility.

Cons

Can get the odd loose nut in management occasionally and a bit soft on underwhelming employees
Same location

Productive and balanced work styles

A typical day at work for me is a busy day with flexible hours and a safe environment shared by all employees and customers and to enjoy my workplace with both the job and fellow workers. I have a large range of skills which include property and vehicle maintenance which includes a skill level with power and other tools. I have been in the management roles in previous employment and understand the pressures and demands placed on the individuals in such positions. Workplace culture is not understood by some but needs to be followed for a balanced workplace.The hardest part of any job is not becoming complacent with your role as a employee i.e. surrounds, nature of work etc.The most enjoyable part of a job is having a job that you enjoy and learning new skills along with meeting new people.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

people not understading diversity in the workplace

Was a good job

Had a previous role in defence,so was a grounding to receive employment in this large international manufacturer.I would recommend this employer, i would have preferred to have a longer storeman role there

Pros

Company has massive capital

Cons

Bit stressful as job success is critical due to nature of end product