BAE Systems
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
BAE Systems Employee Review

You earn your keep

7 March 2020
Line managers are not always certain how to incorporate top level decisions into local teams. Safety culture was exemplary, business platforms were sometimes cross managed with client based.
17 May 2019
Same role
Supervisor (Former Employee) - Henderson
Top heavy management Poor planning Unrealistic scheduling Terrible Purchasing and stores support Management Continually state that you must follow the correct process and procedures but when the schedule doesn't permit it they then want you to cut corners to try and achieve the impossible. Lack of material planning which does not provide for the adequate provision of tooling required to complete the job.
1 January 2015
Same role
Aircraft Wash Supervisor (Current Employee) - Nowra NSW
With all positions I have held throughout my career, I have had the ability to communicate confidently with the Team Leaders, Business/Client Stakeholders and Senior Executives. I quickly build and unite teams towards common objectives with my enthusiastic personality and communication skills. I have been responsible for planning and implementing work activities according to strict policy and procedures. This has been achieved through careful planning and commitment through the stewardship of my team and drive and enthusiasm for my profession. I actively cultivate my relationships with team leaders and identify and engage mentors to develop my skills (if required). In my private sector experience to date, I have been responsible and accountable for the provision of correct and timely information to all my direct and indirect managers. I have a proven track record in communicating to my team leaders and providing impartial and forthright advice. I critically analyse my own performance and seek feedback from my Manager. In addition, I ensure that the outcomes for which I am responsible have documented processes put in place that are auditable and accountable. The knowledge and experience I have gained by working on various Teams within the BAE Systems has given me a solid foundation in managing expectations of stakeholders, working collaboratively and efficiently with various professionals and harnessing a collegial working environment.
Pros
Exceptional training and learning environment
Cons
Would have like to stay but contract finishes2015
6 April 2021
Storeman/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) - Edinburgh SA
Had a previous role in defence,so was a grounding to receive employment in this large international manufacturer.I would recommend this employer, i would have preferred to have a longer storeman role there
Pros
Company has massive capital
Cons
Bit stressful as job success is critical due to nature of end product